Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why?

Why does 90 degrees at home feel worse than 90 degrees at the lake house?

Why do we need to know the heat index? If it's 91 degrees and muggy isn't that bad enough? Do we really need to be told that it feels like 98 degrees?
(Same goes with wind chill.)

Why does it take so long to finish a project?
Before (actually it's an after because this brick was toned down from it's bright ugly red that it was originally with paint here)
















Not quite after just yet....weekends of work still not done.....why does ugly '70's brick stay longer?  The new fireplace we tiled over the brick and put drywall over the top brick due to cost.




















New wainscoting....can you see it? Rick made it, I primed and painted it.
I asked for Craftsman style or Arts and Crafts style wainscoting and he delivered.
Love that about the man.












But the lake was 76 degrees already. We took one day and just played.
We swam, boated and watched Izzy chase fish for hours while we sipped cocktails on our dock.











This was our day off. Yes, tipsy at 9:30a. Don't judge.
That fireplace, painting and wainscoting didn't get done in 8 hrs people.
We were so tired of 2 weekends of work and no play.
So we began with a bit of somethin' somethin' in our morning beverage.

Mmm, wonder why they stopped here?

14 comments:

Arnebya said...

Hell, I was tipsy before 9:30 all damn weekend. Makes mama much more fun and playful. And she says "no" less often. And talks about herself in third person.

Arnebya said...

Oh, wait, DUH! Hit that button too soon. I like the tile work, but I'm biased toward brick. The previous owners of our house painted part of the front (which is brick) and the fireplace white. WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arneyba - I do. I hate red brick. I hate colonials and all that is around me. :-) That is all that is here in the mid-atlantic. I am glad you like it. It is very difficult to strip it off brick but it can be done. I've seen it done before. But I couldn't go too modern because it wouldn't fit the old home. So I did what I could with the stonework. It all started because the realtors told us it was dated. Jeez! One reason why I drink....:-) but just one.

regan said...

I really like the wainscoting, and the drywall over the new tiled fireplace looks awesome! It doesn't overpower the room, like the old 'to the ceiling' fireplace did! Nice job! And I like the new curtains, too! That was a lot of hard work....you definitely deserved your time on the boat!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan -
Thanks.
They are considered outdoor curtains so at least the sun won't fade them.
The blue shows much darker here in the photo than in real life.
The whole room used to be brown - brown ceiling, brown trim work and brown windows. awful for a house on water!

Mike said...

'..to finish a project?'

You finish projects? Bragard. How can you enjoy leisure time without unfinished projects being ignored.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - you sound like my husband!
We have plenty of unfinished projects thank you - my master bath - 2 yrs and going strong!!!

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you were able to take one day to yourselves and enjoy the lake!

Ms. A said...

The hard work looks terrific! Good job! Bet you're glad you're on the back side of those projects!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - we have only just begun - the living only is almost completed!

mamahasspoken said...

You just said why I'll never sell: my house is very dated as in the 80's called and they want their decor back. Think I'll wait for the 80's decor to come back in style ;o)

Julie H said...

LOVE your little giggle in there haha.

House looks great! I'd be drinking at 9:30 too. I did that all day Sunday after working in the yard for 3 days.

Lizbeth said...

I will stick my this statement---there is nothing wrong with being tipsy at nine AM.

Anonymous said...

i want to be tipsy in the morning!

(by the way: the word verification on my last comment was 'assidly'. i think i do things quite assidly all the time. i had no idea it was an actual word! ;)