As though suffering through my computer issues aren't enough this week I also have issues with Dish Network and my new Hopper/Joeys.
I think they have a good idea here but I wish they would have waited until the kinks were straightened out.
The program guide can only be seen on an enormous screen and if I am standing on top of my TV.
I used to be able to make the guide a larger size as an option on our old DVR, but no more.
The last woman I spoke to somewhere in the world told me to just use my remote from my TV, not from my DVR and hit zoom. I actually laughed. I can do the zoom, grey bar etc on my remote but that doesn't change how the guide is shown.
Frankly it's frightening to me that these people probably don't have televisions in whatever 3rd world country we are talking to and they are advising me what to do on mine.
If you call and get someone in another country which is highly likely they continue to say, "I'm sorry for your inconvenience ma'am. You said your light on your DVR's aren't coming on right?" OMG, NO! Or insert any topic that you never even mentioned.
I even speak slowly so that they can understand me. No use!
They never ever understand the first 3 times you tell them something.
Unless my English is so horrific that I just confuse them all in every damn country.
I don't have an accent of any sort so I shouldn't be confusing them.
So I will thank them nicely and hang up and call back until I get someone who sounds American - and not only sounds it but really understand the language.
I go through this over and over again.
Then I am told that they didn't realize this was an issue. Really?
I am the only one with this issue in the nation?
I feel as though what they are saying between the lines is, "It's just you bitch!"
With my Hopper and Joey's I am able to DVR up to 6 channels at a time with just my 3 TV's. But unless my Joey's are turned on it won't let me.
Now that sounds easy enough, however the Joey's turn themselves off within a few minutes of no activity. So then I am running up and down stairs to get to the associated Joey at that television to turn it on. It's crazy stupid to have to do this and it defeats the purpose.
When I called this time to ask if I was mistaken or mine are broken I was told they know about it and it will work in 72 hrs. Great I thought I can hang in there another 72 hrs.
That was last week.
Now granted I realize I am very bad at math but I think 7 days is a tad bit more than 72 hours. So foolishly today I asked, "another 72 hours or that is just your standard answer?"
She said, " Oh no this is a known issue that has been fixed and you will have it resolved in 72 hrs."
So in other words, "who the hell knows you crazy woman, get off the phone because we don't know either!" I seriously doubt this will be repaired in 72 hrs.
Now the company who does Dish's service here is out in a small rural community far from here. (You can hear the Deliverance bango's.)
The men who come here to install, repair or replace remind me of these guys.
Remember them? Larry, Darryl and Darryl. Nice but.......
I am living in technology hell this week.
Thank you Microsoft and Dish Network.
14 comments:
1. I had to look up Hopper & Joey's (and now I'm giggling b/c I said look up instead of Google).
2. Your week in tech sucks. Sorry.
3. OH. MY. GAWD. I thought I was the only one (I assure you we are not racists!). But every time even an American-voiced person starts with the "I'm sorry you are experiencing this difficulty" it makes me want to scream. With Verizon, no matter what you call about it's the same phrases said over and over. I don't know why it irks me so much, it just does. My problem isn't w/their accent (I probably have an accent to them), it's with the static sayings that oftentimes don't even relate to me. (Mind you, this even irritates me when I do live chats with service people. Maybe I'm just anal). Grrrrrr
Arneyba - 1 & 2 :-)
3. I don't mind that they can't speak english well, I mind that they can't understand it. I think that is why they keep saying, "I'm sorry for your inconvience." first of all they aren't sorry. 2nd of all they just keep saying it and after a while it means nothing. Look I love customer service but if you really mean you're sorry then friggin' help me or give me a solution or tell me I'm right this sucks but they don't have an option now. I would appreciate the honesty for a change!! I feel the "Im sorry" is just something to say and it is hollow.
I like it when a service person apologizes and makes it right.
Not a hollow apology.
I also don't have a problem with the accent but as soon as I hear the gal from singapore i know sure as shit she will not understand any of this and I will spend 20 mintues trying to make her understand stand me. Then we get to the real issue. I hate having to deal with people who learn high school english like my high school french - I could attempt to speak to a french person but I will never understand the nuances of the language just like that gal in china today!
I like the hang up method.
The other day I was trying to call customer service and couldn't get the right prompt from the talking machine so I said "F___K You" into the reciever and it transfered me right to a person, go figure!
OMG Julie that is friggin' hysterical!!!!
Just went through the foreign language, talking to fast thing, a couple of days ago. I asked her politely to please slow down that my brain couldn't keep up. She didn't. I handed the phone to hubby and walked away. Later that evening I managed to get the nicest young man that not only spoke so I could understand him, he was extremely patient and not the least bit condescending, or artificially sweet. I thanked him profusely when we were finished... even though my issue isn't resolved.
'..waited until the kinks were straightened out..'
You mean you didn't realize that's your job to do the beta testing? Silly you.
Mike - now I know how my former clients/customers used to feel. Guess this is karma. damn!
True story: Every time my hubby gets a foreign sounding person that doesn't understand him or he can't understand, he'll ask to speak to someone who can speak better English. Don't ask me why but when he does this, any problems we/he had are gone. It's the most amazing thing!
Bonnie - so let's see if i understand, you get s supervisor and it gets fixed? Or because he spoke english it got fixed? I guess either way doesn't matter - it's fixed!!
I am mistaken....I always thought Time Warner Cable had a monopoly on not getting things fixed or making more of a mess of my technology.....
Lizbeth - I think there is a golden rule that states if you are a communication service of any kind you must not speak english or provide good service and you absolutely must not have customer service of any kind....time warner, dish, comcast, verizon, direct tv etc.
My version of technology hell involves trying to get my #$@%! Metro "Smart" Trip card to realize it actually does have money on it ... just hidden in various hidden compartments to ensure that I don't abuse my non-taxed commuting benefits (thank you, IRS) ... and allow me to ride without unnecessarily adding more money all the time. I guess I should be proud of doing my part to help pay off the national debt, but somehow I think the accumulated taxes on my measly $75 per month isn't doing quite as much as some in Congress appear to think.
ugh. i hope this all gets resolved soon.
its funny because i had never heard of the hopper before about a week ago i had seen a commercial for dish and it was mentioned. jay and i have toyed with getting the dish but when i saw the hopper thing the first thing i thought was , "yeah, i bet thats a hassle."
bilbo - i remember you writing about your smart card issues. I would have assumed they would be resolved by now. Obviously not!
Tammie - actually I love this thing. It's just that they are using me as a beta tester instead of rolling out a program fully formed. I think they try to beat the competition and get it to market too soon. I would never go back to a regular DVR again! I love it even with the grief right now. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Now I understand even more how my old customers in my old life would feel.
Post a Comment