Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Monday

It's a dreary rainy Monday here in the burbs of our nations capital....not that you asked.

We have a neighbor "friend" that has invited us to things and we have been unable to go each time. Then she asked us to go to this winery event and we said we'd be at the lake that weekend. Well then we were to go to NYC and we knew that we would probably stay home this weekend. So we called her to say that we were in town and how about she come over for drinks. She said we moved the winery event to our backyard.
I said to her that I thought that was the weekend of the 18th?
She replied it was not and how about we come over? 
I told her that I not only called her but some other friends as well.
Now she got pissy. She said well just bring them.
I said I am not sure they will be up for this because they are bringing their children.
She kept saying, "Oh come on just come over it will be fun."

Well we did not go. We asked the others and they didn't want to go.
Rick saw her yesterday while walking the dog and she was so pissed off.
She said they could have come. Rick said he knew that but they didn't want to.
She said, "Seriously I am hurt that you always say no to us. I am done with you both!"
And she walked away while Rick was saying something. She just put up her hand and kept walking.

Really? How old are you? How friggin' childish is that?
We couldn't come all dates she has invited us in the past.
We were not going to drag people over to her house when we invited them to ours.
Rick is very upset by this. I am a tiny bit,  but more pissed off than anything.
If this has her panties in a twist then so be it.
I don't have time for that behavior in children let alone adults.

In other news that is more fun.
Here are a couple of fun new things we got for the lake house and it's renters (and owners) to enjoy. Just a place to sit and have a few cold beverages while sunning oneself.
It will be anchored so it won't float away.  Can't drink and float away, not good.
We used to have a water trampoline anchored to the left of the floating dock.
Everyone seemed to enjoy it but the insurance company saw it one day and said NO, it must come down immediately!!!
We have a fire pit and the insurance company saw that but there was no issue with that.
So to break that down for you  -it is okay to burn down my house.
It is not okay to jump from a water trampoline into the water.
That could be an insurance nightmare.
But okey dokey to burning down my house.
This is a head scratcher to me.

The other fun thing the kids will like (and I mean Rick)

While this looks like it will be fun for the kids (and Rick) what I find interesting is the box.
They show adults just sitting in the inner tubs and just chillin'.
They show the kids playing with the squirters attached as this was intended to be used.
But why is the bikini babe just standing there with her hands on her hips?
What is the point of her being in this picture?
Do we just have to have a babe in a bikini to sell everything? Seriously this is ridiculous.
Rick thought she maybe came with the inner tubes.
I said, "What? she is a blow up doll inside?"
He laughed but immediately opened it.
I think secretly he was hoping he'd find her in there.

Rick worked this weekend on his invention.
He sold his first two cases to Ace Hardware in Fairfax and he was thrilled.

He is also going to be presented in front of an investment group tonight.
He worked on all his MSDS papers and business plans etc.
I hate that shit so to see him work on this stuff all day on Sunday and enjoying it is odd to me.  But he did find time for a nap.
Here Rick is napping with Izzy lying on her back napping with him as Rick rubs her belly.
I think they need to get a room.

13 comments:

regan said...

Those water toys look like fun! And I think those two kids should have been squirting bikini girl! Now that's a fun cover!

Good luck to Rick tonight! And my hubby works with MSDS stuff too; he says it's a pain to do, but he has quite an extensive knowledge about untraceable poisons now! Hmmmmm.....I guess I should be careful, huh? lol

Arnebya said...

An invention, wow. I wish him good fortune tonight.

And yeah, it's unfortunate when dates don't line up when you want to spend time with people. I agree that the friend is being childish, but I also think perhaps she considers you're canceling or declining on purpose? In that case, she is hurt and lashing out might be the only thing she can think to do (however immature).

@Regan -- Dammit. Untraceable, huh? Dammit.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan - oh my. If anything happens to you I'll tell the police that tidbit of information. :-)

Arneyba - but each invite she has known we had places to be. Like my mom's 70th birthday 7 hrs away. Going to NYC last week. Going to the lake house to open it up. She can see our cars aren't here so she knows we're out of town. She wanted us to bring out company to her house. They didn't want to go they don't know her. I don't blame them. I invited them over and then I leave? I made her brownies as a peace offering and she wouldn't take them. She puts up her hand like "talk to the hand" Okay bitch it's done! everything is not about you. See you are nicer than me Arneyba

Carolyn said...

That big float looks awesome! I would love something like that.

Julie H said...

Oh that big 4 person floatie looks so much fun! We took my mom's little paddle boat out on our little "lake" this weekend and that was pretty fun.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn - c'mon down, skinny margarita's for everybody!!

Julie - I saw that. We have a great deal of floating toys. Floating coolers, floating chairs, all kinds of things. That island was $300 in a catalog and Costco had it for only $89. Gotta love Costco. Same thing, same brand etc.

mamahasspoken said...

Only fear with those floats is an a**hole putting holes in them. Had that happen to my brother at his first Saturday after the fourth of July party. He had one of those HUGE inflatable slides into a pool thingy and one of the 'guests' punctured a hole in it. Of course not on purpose but still it never was the same in that no matter what he did to 'fix' the leak, it didn't hold.
My girl dog does the same thing as Izzy! She lays on her back and wants her titties, uhm belly to be rubbed. If you stop, she paws you to get you started again. And who says dogs are dumb :o/

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma/Bonnie - Izzy can be snoring and if you stop she will immediatley lift her head and look at you like, "what are you doing?"
Cracks me up.

Ms. A said...

Sorry about the neighbor and her attitude.

Good luck to Rick... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thanks Cora!!! I am too. :-)

Mike said...

Dogs and belly rubs are a perfect match.

Tracy said...

Gosh, how fun! The water toys are top notch...now about those neighbors, obviously she is very hurt but you can only control you and not her feelings of rejection or insecurity. take good care...

a.k.a. Quintina said...

Sorry to hear about the show. BUt glad to hear about Rick's invention. Tell him i wish him the best! AS for Daisy, seh is so like Izzy. When I sit stlll long enough, she jumps up on my lap and paws at my hands until I rub her, which leads to her stretching out across me and refusing to move. she is supposed to be a minuture schnauzer, but if so, she is big boned... and heavy. Talk to you soon!