It happened on May 17th 2012.
Blue skies, light breeze and perfect temperatures with low humidity.
It was perfect.
Both Rick and I commented how it was the perfect weather day and if only it could be like this all summer. But all good things must end.
(who made that damn rule anyway?)
Especially when one lives in the humidity filled mid Atlantic like we do.
My local weather man tells me it will be in the 90's now.
The lows in the 70's which is how I like my highs.
So let the sweating and bad hair begin for me!
Most women complain when it's humid that their hair gets frizzy and big.
I have the opposite problem. It's droops, is limp and sticks to my head.
I need Viagra for my hair during the summer months.
Viagra for my hair....."No need to see your doctor if your hair is full of body for more than 4 hours."
I hate limp hair. I even hate the word 'limp'.
But until men have this issue there will be no drug for me to give me good summer hair. Just a hat damn it!
10 comments:
Aw, Peg, I wish I had some words of agreement, or at the very least, some hair viagra. But, I got nothin'. It's still barely hitting 80 midday here and overcast all week. I can't WAIT for it to be real summer and stay. We have confused Mother Nature. This back and forth 60 today 85 tomorrow needs to stop. But, although I love 90 degree days, I will admit that for the first time in perhaps ever, I'm not looking forward to the height of summer. I'm just not.
Arneyba - oh you are one of those! Lovin' the 90's. Well this weekend should have you in heaven since the 90's are called for. I will be in the frigid air conditioning.
I wish we could combine our hair types and we would have the PERFECT summer hair. Mind springs out like I stuck a fork in an electrical socket. Sigh.....
Lizbeth - If we can somehow do a combo that would be great! I have thin hair, in fact everything is thin on me except me. :-) I'd prefer chubby hair instead of a chubby waist.
I'd take limp hair over my balloon hair any day! My hair gets so frizzy, I'm considering getting the keratin treament done to tame it. I look like Monica on friends when they go to Barbados. lol
Carolyn, I LOVE that episode with Monica's hair. But I'd take it over limp. Trust me until you've had it you don't get how awful it is. Gee guys I'm getting no sympathy here. All you big haired gals aren't buying this huh? I couldn't have big hair in the 80's either. Even if I teased it, it fell. I'm tellin' ya, viagra for my hair is what I need!
Ok Peg.....I'M WITH YA! My hair is straight, and flat, and I could spend all day with hot rollers in it, and 5 minutes later, it will be flat again! And what's worse, is I sweat like a freakin pig when it's over 75 degrees out! My hair will be drenched and sticking to may head, and what's the point of makeup when it just slimes off your face! I sweat everywhere, except my underarm pits! What the hell!?! Yeah, I'm totally with ya on this! And can I just add.....all summer long I'm eaten alive by the mosquitoes, black flies, and no-see-ums! AND, there are so many old people around here, and in the height of summer, 90 degrees, they are still wearing sweaters! WHAT!?! Makes me sweat just looking at em! Yeah, summer..... fun times!
Regan - you are my sister from another mother!!
Rick tells people this - you don't want to be biten by mosquito's go sit by Peg they love her!!
EVERYTHING you are saying is my life.
The mosquitoes this year are already miserable and yesterday I took a shower, went out the door to walk Izzy and sprayed myself with Deep Woods Off. Lovely smell after a nice shower! My summer colgone.
See why I want to live in cool weather and my husband wants a friggin' island. We may not stay married at this rate. :-)
Me, too, with the weather AND the hair! It's gonna be a hot one.
I'm so glad it's not humid here!
Post a Comment