I know I have shared antics from our crazy customers before here.
These two are not only nuts but funny to both Rick and myself.
Several weeks ago an older man called me.
He was cute, he formally introduced himself to me before asking his questions.
He had a number of questions and we went over them all with in depth explanations about this remodel. I explained to him how we are the last one on this type of job and why.
He referred to things he had read on our website and that always makes me happy because then by the time they talk to me they have a general idea and I can fill in the blanks.
He thanked me and asked what our lead time was and I explained 2 weeks.
He said he'd be calling me when the project was 2 weeks out.
I assumed that was the end of it until that time came when they were ready for us.
Oh my goodness. Later that day he called again.
This time his wife was screaming questions at him while he asked me things.
Now when I say screaming questions I am not using that term lightly.
I mean to tell you she was scream-ing.
At first I thought, oh they are older and perhaps he can not hear well.
But as I soon came to find out that was not the case.
As I was telling him the answer to his latest question she apparently had grabbed the phone and when I was done I expected him to say something but instead it was Margie.
She said to me that he was an idiot and she had to take over.
O.K. then.
I pictured this poor little man standing in the background with this crazy witch ruling the roost.
She asked the same questions as last time and the same one I just answered. I went over it all again and we ended by saying that they should call 2 weeks out in their project to get on our calendar. At this point in time they still were not sure when the rest of the work was going to be done.
I really thought that was the last time for awhile. Silly ole me.
Sadly this went on for a few weeks. Calling with questions, yelling to one another, grabbing the phone from one another and I'm left talking to God knows who.
Finally Terry, the husband, called me and made an appointment.
She was still yelling shit in the background and I heard one of her comments and I answered it to Terry. He laughed and thanked me. He then YELLED to her my answer.
I thought, "Gee you couldn't do that when you hung up?"
I made the appointment and wrote on the work order for Rick - "Good Luck these people are loony tunes." I didn't expel on this and I figured he wouldn't see it until he reviews everything before walking into the home.
Yesterday Rick was at their home doing the job.
When the job was done and he was heading home he text me the following:
OMG MARGARET THESE PEOPLE ARE CERTIFIABLY NUTS!!
I saw this and of course laughed.
I couldn't wait to hear his experience since mine was such a treat.
When he came home I asked how old he thought they were.
His guess was probably early to mid 70's.
As he was telling me this I was writing it down because I knew I wanted to share this with you all. I'm crazy like that.
He told me the following:
He was in their bathroom doing the work on their tile and tub and they were in another part of the house talking about a scene from a movie from the night before.
They were loud even when not screaming at one another and he could hear everything perfectly like they were in the room with him.
As the discussion about the movie goes on Terry yells at his wife, "DAMN IT MARGIE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT"
She screams, "THE SCENE WITH THE BOAT STRANDED ON THE BEACH."
Now Terry screams, "NOOOOOO, THE SCENE WITH THE BOAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN WITH PEOPLE OVERBOARD.
Margie yells back, "YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.
THAT WAS 2 NIGHTS AGO.
YOU FELL ASLEEP DURING THE MOVIE LAST NIGHT!! YOU ASSHOLE!"
Terry yells, "SO YOU ARE TELLING ME WE WATCHED 2 MOVIES ABOUT A BOAT THAT WAS STRANDED?"
She responds at the top of her lungs with, " NO! YOU ARE A FUCKING ASSHOLE!!"
Rick said at this point he assumed Terry went outside because he heard the door slam.
Margie was mumbling and Rick was laughing his ass off in their bathroom.
There were several episodes of screaming about small things like this that went on over the course of the 5 hours Rick was there.
They were swearing like sailors which Rick found amusing that these 2 old coots swore like this. As he is telling me all of this I too am laughing. After just having to interact with them on the phone I can see this all playing out in my mind.
After the job was complete they discussed their other bathroom which Rick will be coming back to do after the new floor is installed.
As Rick was leaving he said he would be back in a few weeks.
Terry said to him, "We should still be here unless we kill each other before then."
Rick laughed and said to him, "As long as you guys have been married if you haven't killed each other by now you kids probably will make it."
That comment made both Terry and Margie laugh.
Rick got in his truck and immediatley text me
When he got home he said, "You won't believe these people Margaret!"
I just laughed and said, "I think I would because they were nuts on the phone."
Dealing with people every day takes its toll on me.
Most aggravate the shit out of me and make me want to be anti-social.
But these kind of nuts at least make me laugh.
13 comments:
OMG, I have to remember to keep my mouth in check the next time I have work done on the house.....
That is priceless. I guess it's always better to get a giggle than get a mean 'ol coot. I'll take the crazy screamers any day!!!
I'm one of those customers that is right there watching what is going on. Why? Because I love work. I could sit and watch it for hours.
Ah Mike you're one of those!
Lizbeth - be careful what you say if you have workers in your home. Trust me they hear everything. Some make it to blog posts.
Lordy mercy, I'm surprised Rick was able to get the job done. I would have been MORE than a bit distracted! (and maybe even a tad fearful)
Sounds like my in laws, seriously, it does......
Now that's true love...Dammit!
I think you were at my in-laws house. They both think the other one is f'ing stupid and going insane. It's a blast :/
Thank you so much for this. I am giggling so very hard this morning (and I needed it badly!).
Arnebya - Thx for stopping by.
Yes they are nuts and it makes me laugh too.
It's sad really so why i find it funny is lost on me but I do too!
I am laughing too! I definitely think these two are a match made in heaven or hell?
Hey Roc - I think you hit on something - hell perhaps is correct. :-)
I'd have to hit her over the head with a shovel.
Tia/Cottage - that reminded me of the movie, Don't Throw Momma From the Train. too funny!
Post a Comment