Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Mornin'

I'm draggin' today. Hence the creative title.

Here are some of the highlights of my boring weekend.

** Izzy turned 3 years old. She got to swim her little heart out for 1.5 hrs at the Middleburg equistrian and canine rehabilitation center. It was Labrador central yesterday and she had more fun than anyone should be allowed to have. So I think she had a nice birthday. In my next life I would like to come back as my dog. Spoiled and loved. What's not to want?

**I had one of my infamous "goofs" while I was trying to tell Rick this story.
 I reverted to my 7 year old self and lost all the R's in my vocabulary while saying a phrase.
I also had a bit of a stammer/stutter. Yes I went to speech class for 7 years for this as a child. I don't normally fall back to that unless drinking but for some reason stone cold sober I did it Saturday. My husband began to laugh and imitate me.  I pleaded, "Please stop mocking me Richard."  He responded with, "Oh Hon I'm not mocking you I'm making fun of you." 
Oh well then that is so much better then, how silly of me.  The ass.

**The Oscars were a snooze fest. Viola Davis was robbed!
And it all felt old and boring to me. And what the hell happened to Tom Cruise's face?
I do not like the man but his face was fine before.  Why????  It looked overly injected.
Oh please not another Bruce Jenner who looks more female now than male.
People our men are turning into woman physically and it's so all kinds of wrong. Listen up George Clooney,  don't you even think of injecting or cutting your face.
You look great with gray hair, facial lines and a face that moves!
Angelina Jolie had an interesting stance didn't she? How odd.
Seriously she needs to eat a cheeseburger.
My goodness her arms were like sticks I could snap like a dried twig.

I received an award.  yipee me!
While it is much appreciated I feel odd having to do what is necessary because I feel it will bore the hell out of all of you. Because seriously haven't I laid it all out here already?
But I will play nice because it was such a nice gesture from our Queen Bee.
So without further ado, 10 things you don't know about me.
(play along I know I've told you everything by now)
1. I HATE cats, okay it's really a fear, a big ass strange fear of them but dislike is in there.
2. I tried being hypnotized to help with this fear of cats. (didn't work)
3. I love a great sense of humor in anyone
4. Men with big hearts melt me.
5. My new favorite saying is "Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry"
6. Not a fan of organized religion. (see number 5)
7. I never regret anything I have done only things I didn't do.
8. Nurse Jackie is one of my all time favorite shows.
9. I love to paint, oh not landscapes, just your walls etc.
10. QVC is my bitch

14 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I really wish The Oscars would let me be in charge for a year. I'm pretty sure I could make it much more interesting. Or they could at least have Chris Rock host again. But, they won't because they can't stand to have someone who might make fun of them.

Jay

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jay - that is why I enjoy Ricky Gervais. The year he made fun of everyone at the Golden Globes and got grief was my favorite show ever!
And as a man do you find Angelina's arms too thin? I know you're not looking at her skinny arms are you?

Mike said...

I wondered what QVC stood for. I went to their site. Nothing. I had to go to wikipedia to find out about the Quality, Value, Convenience slogan.

Arnebya said...

I love to paint too. Except...I suck at it. Seriously. No amount of prep leaves it not looking like a drunk four yr old painted.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - in the wee hours I have been known to purchase a Bose Wave Radio System on QVC. Too convenient. 6 easy payments don'tcha know!

Arnebya - you feed me I'll paint. Seriously love to paint. I think I'm missing a chromosone. And no I don't need blue painters tape or anything like that. I could work for Sherwin Willimas. :-)

Lizbeth said...

I'm dragging over here too! And I want to come back as your dog...that OK?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - Sure! If you want to be spoiled with love, treats, exercise, your favorite things then it's the life for you!

Ms. A said...

I haven't watched the award shows in many years and rarely know much about any of the movies (except by commercial, or reviews) until they come out on TV, or my kids bring them to me to watch. Did see photos of Angie's leg. Looked rather awkward. Now I need to see what Tom has done to his face... hopefully not a Jenner, or Rogers!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I don't understand what Angelina was doing with that leg. She looked like she may have been trying to pee dog style. At any rate, her leg looked like a chicken bone with all the meat eaten off.

Do we get any pics of Izzy swimming? Sounds like she had the time of her life.

I love to paint too but, the oil on canvas kind so, I'm off to finish up my latest painting. Have a great week!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora - oh yea i saw the Angelinalegging. When she did this on stage I laughed out loud. She looked so stupid. But when the guys who she gave the statue to imitated her immediately afterwards I about lost it. She's an dingus anyways but that solidified it for me.

mamahasspoken said...

I don't mind painting, I love how you can take a room and change it with a coat or two or three of paint. Besides, that was one of my many jobs in college-a painter's assistant and I learned so much from doing this.
There is so much I could tell you about stuttering ;o) But have to share this with you: today I was working with a second grader who stutters. I told him how you can't stutter when you whisper. We practiced reading a familiar story first regular voice then switch to a whisper. Damn it if he didn't stutter every time he came to the word still! In all my years of work, never had one do this and it had to happen today, along with your post. Hum, thinking there is something to this......

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma/Bonnie -. That is very interesting! Still wouldn't have been a difficult word for me too. Thankfully I outgrew this....well until this weekend.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - I meant, "still" would still be a difficult word for me. Jeez....fat fingers.

Julie H said...

I didn't watch the Oscars but I heard on the radio today that "Angie's Right Leg" has it's own twitter account. Need to go find my one blog buddie that does a recap of all the clothes and see if she has pictures of Tom and Angie haha.

You hate cats? And here I thought we were soul mates j/k ;)