Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's finally here.

The signs are all here.
There are buds on the trees.
Kleenex strewn about our home.
Nasal spray on the coffee table.
You all know what that means right?
Spring.

Hubby is sneezing, wheezing, coughing and hacking.
Yep, it's spring time at my house.

The best part of Spring for me is simply this below....Spring Training has begun.














MLB Network is on around the clock and I am driving my hubby bat shit crazy.
I told him it was fair play because his coughing, hacking and nose blowing has been keeping me awake so we're even.  Seriously keeping me awake to the point of me going upstairs to another bedroom last night.

When single seats went on sale I attempted to get Washington National tickets vs. my NY Yankees in June.
They were hundreds of dollars a piece.
 I realize that all teams raise their prices when they play the Yankees because they can.
But it sucks non the less.
I would so love to have gone to these games but it is so out of the price that is feasible for me. And honestly, I am not sure I would spend that kind of money if not a world series game.
C'mon we figured after tickets for 2 at around $400 then parking and a few beers and food it would be a very expensive game. So I'll watch it on TV and be a tad bit sad that my team is in my own town and I still can't see them.  Sucks. I don't like my new life.
I know....whine, whine, whine.

We are also at the point where we are chomping at the bit to get down to the lake house.
Rick is itching to fish and I am itching to get the house open and ready for rental season and our own fun hopefully.  I know I've told you before but I hate renting our home out.
I couldn't hate it anymore but it's better than losing it I suppose.
I long for a day on the dock getting some vitamin D with a long island lemonade in my hand and staring at my neighbors across the way like this below.
Sounds good doesn't it?

I'm off to daydream now.

21 comments:

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Spring already? Idaho just got their first snow! Well, I'm happy for you, I hope it's not just a tease. Why are base ball games so frickin expensive? It's supposed to be the All American sport yet most Americans can't afford to go to a game. Sic!

Lizbeth said...

Your husband sounds like my husband--coughing sneezing and watery eyes.

And there is nothing better than baseball, yippee!

Mike said...

200 bucks for tickets?! And that's probably for lawn chairs in the parking lot, right?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - sadly i will join him but I'm always a few months later. So it's fun to make fun of him now.

Mike - oh not that close!!

Unknown said...

Cannot wait for baseball. I always route for my Birds, though I expect them to lose yet another one. :(

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Queen Bee - now c'mon there is always a chance...it's baseball. I don't think my team will do much this year either but I am optimistic in spring. :-) I love going to the yard but can you tell me why they play that awful country song about being a country boy? What does that have to do with the O's? in a major city and not the country? thx

Arnebya said...

Mother Nature hates daffodils (as is evidenced by the beautiful ones that have been fully open in my yard for two damn weeks). I am not ready for "real spring" (b/c face it, the crap we've had has NOT been winter so I can't bring myself to consider this spring). I am not ready for the wheezing, the hacking, the coughing, the pill popping, the I'ma die, where's my Primatene Mist, does anyone have an EPIpen, I'll be sleeping on the sofa time of year. Ugh.

I only go to the games my office gets discount tickets for (always midday at 1:00 and we get the rest of the day off. I'm walking distance from the stadium so that helps. I go in, grab some chicken tenders and a beer, stay for an hour, then have the rest of the afternoon to myself (unless, of course, Metro is being its usual idiotic, backed up self).

Separately, ummmmmm...where's the lake house?

Bilbo said...

I enjoy playing baseball, but can't stand watching it. The only good thing about baseball season is having an excuse to listen to Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine again.

Carolyn said...

Oh man you made me so excited for Spring to get here!! I can't wait!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arenbya - not far from us in SW Virginia. Ever see the movie with Richard Dryfuss and Bill Murray called "What about Bob?" That is the lake.

I'm With Stupid said...

I woke up hacking and sneezing this morning too. It was such a mild winter so I'm expecting a really brutal allergy season this year.

I hate they way teams and colleges do ticket pricing. They either jack up prices or force the fans to buy tickets to other games that don't draw as well to get the ones they want. Booooo!

Jay

regan said...

My cousin Patti and her friend (they live on Long Island) go down to Tampa every March for a week at Yankee spring training. I always think that it's nuts, but I'm guessing you'd love it, too, huh?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan - that is nirvana to me are you kiddin'? it's laid back, my boys, the sun, the warmth, a few days at the beach, a few games. Oh yea I'd love it!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jay, thanks for feeling my pain. Just for shits and giggles I looked at the tickets when they play the Pirates. Those are cheap!! But who wants to see the Pirates? (sorry pittsburgh fans)

mamahasspoken said...

WOW that's a lot for one ticket. Last time I took the sons to see the Reds it cost me less than what you would spend for that one and that's for 5 tickets!

danneromero said...

sounds great....
and spring is here?.. oh man.. what happened to winter?.. i didn't get my quota of rain... no fair!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Daphne - howdy! I've figured out how to comment on your blog...by using disqus..I forgot i had an account. So when you see ph51 that's me. :-)

Ms. A said...

You and your baseball... crazy woman! While I'm not a sports fan, the lake sounds absolutely fantastic!

Julie H said...

I thought I had a cold but it seems to be coming and going so must be allergies. They suck!

Unknown said...

That song goes back to the days of the 1970s when we had baseball at Memorial Stadium on 33rd St. I suppose some traditions never go away. I really don't like that song, especially since, yes, Baltimore is far from country.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Q.Bee - thank you! My hubby and I always ask people and no one has ever known the answer. Obviously we aren't from here. :-) (NW PA)