Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday

Here is the kind of Monday I have had.

I found some pics of that camping trip I just told you all about.
I thought you would find some of these amusing.
I went to my scanner to scan and it no longer works. Great, need new scanner.

I got up this morning and suddenly I have severe knee pain.
I mean to tell you not just an ache but full on severe pain.
What the hell is all this old lady shit?  
My husband has a disease we refer to as "He goes to bed fine and wakes up with a sports injury" 
Sadly that has happened to him more times than I care to count.
Now I seem to have the same damn affliction!  I think this must be contagious.

Sunday we, and I use the term "we" loosely, pulled an old bush out from our front yard.
We mulched and trimmed bushes . (okay so I no longer trim because the last time I cut the cord as well as the bush. it's funny now but oh my was Rick pissed when it happened.)
I planted some flowers and that was it.
We had a pretty lazy day actually.
It rained in the afternoon so we watched some baseball and a movie.
So how do I wake up with extreme pain in my knee? I can barely walk.
I was fine while working and I walked Izzy afterwards. No funny twinges in the knee.
I am completely puzzled.
Is this old age or what?  Did Rick hit me with a baseball bat in the middle of the night?
Is this going to be my life now, aches and pains? Oh brother.
Now I see why I keep reading the baby boomers have the highest growth of pot smoking.
It's not so much recreational but pain relief for heavens sake!

I went to try on some shorts because now it is hot enough to wear them.
My legs are so white it's scary but I'm warm so look away from the glare.
None of my shorts fit. I've lost too much weight. Which isn't a complaint but now I have nothing to wear. Don't want to buy news one because I hope this continues. I am going to see if they can be taken in. I don't think so but it's worth a try. I can't sew so I am taking them somewhere. Depending on the price. It may be cheaper to buy new cheap ones. Sucks in one way but I am over 2 sizes smaller but not quite 3 sizes just yet and that's a good thing. 

I got a book from the library that I had to wait for 3 months to get. I was on the ever dreadful waiting list. I picked up the book and it has been so crazy I never got past glancing at it before I had to turn it back in because it is on the waiting list. You don't get to keep it for a few weeks if it is in high demand. You must read it and return within less than 2 weeks. Tammie over at Irregular Tammie, said she didn't enjoy the book so I hope I did not miss a thing. I did get some autobiographies  which I have been really into lately.  I hope to read at the lake over the memorial holiday. My luck I'll fall off the hammock and get a concussion and not be able to read.
I may have to pad myself in bubble wrap.

14 comments:

Carolyn said...

you might have twisted it the wrong way while working in the yard. Even if it didn't hurt right away, doesn't mean it didn't happen then. You need to ice you knee and keep it elevated if you can. Take some advil to for the inflamation. Hopefully it'll feel better tomorrow!

Mike said...

'and get a concussion'

That's called a power nap.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Go borrow somebody's scanner, I wanna see those camping pics.
Sorry about your knee. By the way, do you think it would be okay if I go to bed and when I wake up I call the aches I have "sports injury's? " Sounds much more official and legit that way.

I laughed myself silly picturing you trimming the cord as well as the bush during your gardening adventure. My dad once trimmed a large branch off our tree with an electric saw whilst sitting on the branch. Not kidding.

Oh, and by the way, my daughter informed me during a huff (no pun intended) that I should smoke pot because it might mellow me out and make me feel better. I won't say which daughter but I will say I don't think she really had my health in mind at the time.

I'm reading a really good book you might want to add to your Memorial Day list. It's called, The Unforgiving Minute by Greg Mullaney.

Monday's almost over. Have a good Tuesday!

Ms. A said...

Getting older really bites! I know firsthand. I'd love to drop a couple of pant sizes, then I could get into all the stuff I've been holding onto, hoping. Ain't gonna happen. Injuries at night... perhaps you got kicked by a nightmare.

PS: Stress can cause a world of aches, pains and health problems. Margaritas help, but the salt makes me swell!

Anonymous said...

i really dont think you would have liked Room. jay gave it 60 pages and couldnt get into it. i read about 20 before giving up. the entire thing was in the voice of the five year old boy which got irritating real quick. (ex. Red spoon is my favorite spoon. i also like grey blanket, etc...)i skipped ahead and saw that they wouldnt escape from the room until 150 pages in. ugh, i couldnt last that long.

i hope your knee feels better soon.

flask said...

all right; i'm all caught up reading you now.

i made it home from PEI.

now off to read the thousands of other less important blogs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I think I like Mike's way of thinking!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - it does bite - big time!
I drink margarita's with no salt. no swelling!

Tammie - I figured it was no big loss after you told me. Gee it got RAVE reviews too.

flask - Glad you made it down from the highest point in PEI!! I bet it was beautiful there. Can't wait to read those stories.

mamahasspoken said...

Frugal hint time: even if you can't sew, you can put elastic in the waist of the shorts that will get a season out of them before you have to buy new ones. Just do a running stick by hand or machine around the edges of the elastic, have it run from side seam to side seam,making sure that the elastic is the size of you, not the shorts. Much cheaper that new shorts and paying a seamstress to redo the shorts.

Julie H said...

Sounds painful! Hopefully you are feeling better soon. Are you trying to lose weight or is it just happening?

Karen said...

I don't scan a lot so I use the scanner at Kinkos. It is cheap enough and I don't have to have the clutter of a scanner.

I get random aches all the time. I think I exercise in my sleep.

Also, I have given up on my library. It is just too difficult to get the books I want to read. I am Nook girl now so I get my books immediately when I want them!

Raquel's World said...

Oh to be old, Lol

Now here's the part you'll care about...ever heard of half.com?
You can order books there used at such a reduced rate it is insane.
Example..I paid $16.95 for The Lovely Bones.
It was being sold on half.com for $1.50.
I now get all my books from there. You never wait again. Try it out!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Roc - oh shut up you young whipper snapper!

I am going to check out this site immediately. Are these pre owned perhaps? I did that once and got a stained ole book. didn't not like that.

wasn't lovely bones a great book?
did not see the movie because I loved the book so much.

Julie H said...

half.com can be used books, I've sold books on there before. www.paperbackswap.com is a good site for books too. Especially if you have some sitting around!