Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Bitching

I'm feeling about 50% better and that is great to me.
I had a shot of magnesium yesterday and they've up'd my supplements of said vitamin/mineral and it should continue to get better. It honestly felt like I was turning to stone. It began in my lower back and slowly moved up to my neck. My whole back side was knots and frozen and so tight. Then it began to move to the top of my thighs so I felt like I would be a statue before I knew it. Literally it feels like you are turning to stone.  It's hard to imagine something that sounds so trivial giving one such pain but my goodness I would only wish this on my enemies. But I am on the way to being back to normal. We know the source and it's being dealt with. I hope by the weekend this is completely gone!

Now to my I Hate People bitch session.
(It's nothing new if you've been coming here for any length of time. )
We are renting our vacation home.
We have it listed on Home Away.
When you go to this site and pick your location there is a list of homes with pictures, descriptions, and information needed to make a decision. Before you even click on the tab for details it says the price for the week next to the photo.
I have had calls all week asking the cost, asking if the week is available (have you looked at the calendar?) how many people does it sleep....(look next to the photo and cost and it tells you that in big bold letters)  It also states no pets, no smoking, no exceptions. Yet they ask if they can bring their 2 dogs who of course are all well behaved. What part of no exceptions don't you understand?

A woman called and asked me what the cost was. I told her it was XYZ and that it is the same cost as what is listed on the site. She then asks, how many people can it sleep. I tell her 6 as stated on the website. She asks if I would allow 8. I tell her that as it states on the website this is a county law that is very much enforced. If we find that 8 are there we will charge you for the fine that we will most definitely receive from the state and county. Because we are the only renters in our cul-de-sac our neighbors monitor this much more closely than the county government ever would so we can make no exceptions on this.

She then went on a tirade about how difficult I was being and that is just ridiculous there are lots of homes on the lake that sleep 8-12.

"Yes, there are ma'am however they are larger homes.
This house is perked for a 3 bedroom and that is what governs the law in regards to how many people. You may want to look at some of those other homes. I am sorry we couldn't accommodate you."

"But those other homes are so much more money we can't afford that."

"I'm sorry ma'am perhaps you can look into XYZ resort they may have something to offer."

"I can't believe you aren't going to take my money."

I am not about to debate this with this woman.
I am tired, in pain and seriously what a twat.
So I say, "Thank you again for calling us and inquiring about our home. I wish you a great vacation at Smith Mountain Lake. I would like to suggest calling XX Rentals I bet they can help you at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thanks again." and I hung up.

The bitch calls me back.
She continues to vent her frustration and guys I am so tired from pain and no sleep I just let her go off.  I have no rebuttal that is going to make her feel better and I honestly just don't give a shit. The pain has worn me down and there is no fight left in me.
Finally she asks, "Are you still there?"

"I am."

"Don't you have something to say?"

"Ma'am I wish I could help you I understand how frustrating this must be but I have given you all the suggestions I can. I don't know what to tell you."

"Fuck You" and she hangs up.

Don'tcha just love people?
I can truly say in all my years on this earth I have never ever said F-U to anyone other than an ex husband during an ugly fight. Never. Let alone a stranger who is being nice to me but just not telling me what I want to hear. (not that i didn't want to mind you)

It's been a bad week.
I will be back next week with an attitude adjustment and being Perky Peg....I promise.
Just don't have it in me today.

19 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sometimes I really hate people. lol. I just wonder what could possibly go through their heads when they think deserve to get what they want just because.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

carolyn - i wonder the same. I am the queen of definition of the word misanthropic.

Bilbo said...

Sounds like we have a new candidate for Bilbo's Ass Clown of the Week award. You were far more patient and diplomatic than I would have been...I find as I get older that I suffer fools less gladly every day. Good luck...hope your weekend is better.

vw: unguphi - the opposite of guphi.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bilbo - I agree, the older I get the more intolerent of asshats like her I get. I try so hard to patient but dealing with the public most days just makes me want to be a hermit.

Mike said...

She sounds like a bully that's used to getting her way. You did the best thing at the end by not trying to argue with her faulty logic.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - thanks! I always run with the code - can't match wits with those that are unarmed! :-)

mamahasspoken said...

You are nicer than me! Even if I didn't try to talk back to her (which I would and probably yell just as loudly as she was)I would have put down the phone and walked away. Maybe, MAYBE come back and hour or two later and see if she finally hung up then block her phone number from mine.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma - really? okay then, I will try not to say anything to piss you off! :-)

Ms. A said...

I commend you for your patience and tact. I rather doubt I could have handled it so well. I would be checking the caller ID and planning a counter attack, from some other phone. How dare she!!!

Feel better, soon!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - I so understand what you are saying but I feel like if act like her I am stooping to her level. So I have a blog where I do that....tee hee

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra - often is more like it. Happy weekend. Hope it is spring time in Italy.

alessandra said...

Yeah it is, a beautiful day, thanks...hon ;) Hope you are well now.

Julie H said...

Sheesh people are rude. I hope you feel better soon!

flask said...

i don't know if it helps any, but i just got home from, well, never mind what i just got home from and i feel a LOT better after reading your post.

i'm going to bed now.

in my own bed.

this morning when i woke up in jackman, maine, i thought i was going to nova scotia.

do you know where jackman, maine is? would you like to know that i got all the way to BANGOR before learning i had to come home right away?

have you ever been to bangor?

it makes newark seem charming.

actually, i didn't wake up in jackman, maine. i woke up eight miles north of jackman, which is only an hour's drive to get into jackman.

do you know what they so out there when there's a sinkhole in the road so big your car would get lost in it?

they put a stick in it.

if it's a REALLY BIG hole, say a hole that would swallow a log truck, they put in two sticks and some flagging tape.

you know, to warn you to drive around the edges of the hole instead of straight through.

and i'm really glad i decided not to switch off my snow tires. because there are still snowdrifts two feet deep across some of those roads.

i'm not kidding.

the only reason i was eight miles out of jackman instead of ten miles out of jackman is that i got that far before four wheel drive and good snows couldn't help me anymore and i had to give up.

i'm going to bed.

thank you for your story.

Tracy said...

yeah, sometimes I wonder how people can be so stupid! like seriously, really?
sorry you had to endure that!

Carma Sez said...

you handled the situation like a pro. the best thing you could have done is say nothing - that drives people nuts :D

I hope you continue to feel better!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Wow. Just, WOW. Stories like this make me want to retreat to a mountaintop and become a hermit! Why can people be such brainless jerks?

So sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that crap, Margaret. You handled it WAY better than I would have! And I know what you mean about bad weeks. Mine's turning into a bad MONTH! Sigh! I think we both need a good stiff DRINK!!

Raquel's World said...

Just reading this.....I say F**K that B*tch! Uggh doesn't it seem like when you are so not in the mood is when people bother you the most?
Hey at least you are not miserable alone. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ah yes Raquel misery does love company. :-)