Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day.

Hey Happy Valentines Day!

Here are some items rolling around my little head this morning.
  • If you really want to feel old and irrelevant watch the Grammy's. It's official I am old.     I flipped over a couple of times and let's just say it felt like the 80's at times.  The Madonna copy cat & The Elton John copy cat. I don't know I think I am too old because all this trying to be outrageous, racy and shocking is so boring to me.  It's not original. I wish they sang as well as they like being a spectacle. I don't appreciate performance "art" See how old I am?  I found it hard to believe that Mick Jagger has never been on the Grammy stage before. I wonder if he ever won one? Aretha looked good. I think her "recent illness" was gastric bypass surgery. 
  • I can not revert my blog back without losing content apparently.  I may have to go a different route. I am struggling and I so don't like this look.  It frustrates me so.
  • I've read some blog posts today about VD day and boy are there ever a ton of bitter women out there. I hear my male friends talk about these women all the time and I have always thought they exaggerated this type of female.  I may have to give my male friends some credo now.  They may have been correct all along while I was giving them grief about their stories. Who knew?
  • I never knew about geocaching before reading furthermore flask's blog. Yep, I am a loser what can I say. Then this weekend Rick and I brought the dog to this wooded area to throw a ball around and this guy who was there was acting so odd.  He was looking at his phone and then looking around for someone/something. Then he'd walk into the woods a little and look around and come out of the woods and then back to staring at his mobile device.  We were sitting on this picnic bench and wondering what the hell he was doing. It all seemed so creepy and a bit like he was looking for kids or meeting for drugs. See how our minds work?  So we kept our eye on him. Then we saw him look away from his mobile device and go back into the woods and grab something and then he left. Curiosity was killing us. Once he left we went into the wooded area he was at.  We saw a small bird house and inside was a small flip notebook in a zip lock bag along with little army men and little plastic animals in the bag with this notebook.  We looked at one another like, "what the hell is this?"  Again thinking pedophile and this is bait. We opened the notebook and read the entries of when someone found this (date) and what they took. The notebook said to take something and leave something. Rick looked at me and said, "hey this is like some scavenger hunt"  As we read more we realized what fools we were. Then it occurred to me that flask taught me what the hell this was, it's called geocaching. So that was a cool discovery 2 1/2 blocks from my home. And bad us for both going where our minds were going.
  • Why are the only people who complain about the smell of the product that reglazes their bathtub, tile or sinks are the ones whose homes smell like ashtrays and they smoke like chimneys?  This woman this morning was hysterical that I never told her how bad it was going to be. Oh I told her we had to exhaust the fumes and that there was a smell but to her I should have told her it was horrific and sent flares. Last year we had 1 person complain out of thousands. I say the same thing over and over again to them all.  The VOC's are way below the states requirement and the smell is equivalent to nail polish remover. The state does not allow anything toxic, which she insists it had to be. As her husband is blowing cigarette smoke in her face. She said she had to sleep with the windows open and freeze. (really?  no blankets?) She went on and on. Seriously I tell them that it is strong on the 1st day and will dissipate within 24 hrs and it will just smell like your house does after painting. One woman a few weeks ago told Rick that the gal in his office (moi) said the smell would be bad but it's no big deal. (that's what we think) So what should I do scare the shit out of them for that 1 person every 2 years?  If I get hysterical like this woman was then no one would do it and it's perfectly safe.  I know she wants something from us but there is nothing to give her. I am not giving her money back. So I have to think about this today. She won't be happy until we make some gesture. I just have to think about what type of gesture. She didn't ask for anything but you can tell she is expecting more than my apology etc. Oh, I do so dislike people.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had to laugh at the last part. my mother in law used to always complain that my house smelled like pets, but she was a super heavy smoker and always smelled like smoke. i never understood it. how can one smell be so bothersome but yet this life threatening smoke is no biggie? (and for what its worth, ive always worked really hard to keep the pet smell to a minimum.)

i havent watched the grammys in years. the music i like (singer/songwriter, folksy stuff) is never featured on it and ive never been a big fan of pop music.

ha! aretha. im glad shes losing weight. shes been on a slippery slope for a while.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie in all the years we've done this the only 2 people who had hissy fits were both smokers. I find that really odd. And not just a smoker but when the guys walked in it took them back. The place was yellow, walls, tiles everything from smoke. and they said it smelled like a bar. The lead technician for us is a smoker and he said to Rick - man it's foul in here. And she was worried about inhaling these fumes because she has asthma. All you can do is shake your head because they don't allow me to shake them!

mamahasspoken said...

I watched part of the grammys. Seemed like it was more about dancing and shock then music.
As for the smoking lady, offer her a discount on her next resurfacing ;o)

flask said...

i remember you commenting that you'd read the thing about the geocaching, and still didn't quite get it.

i am tickled that you've seen it now!

i once drove to maryland just to find a particular geocache.

i have never watched the grammys.

ever.

regan said...

We stopped watching all the awards shows years ago. They would run these annoying commercials for the upcoming 'event', and would rattle off a long list of all the 'stars' that would be performing at it.....and I would look at my hubby and say, "Do you recognize ANY of these names?".....and we didn't....not one! So we stopped watching altogether!

And that makes me feel really old, and I'm only 49! Sheesh!

I'm with Mamma...offer the smoker a discount on her next job! HA!

I'd heard about geocaching, but realized you needed GPS (or something like it) on your cell phone....and I am still trying to find the 'speaker' phone option on mine! Yeah, I'm old!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask - I know! I didn't quite get it but I do now! WOW, you drove 8 hrs or more to just find a particular geocache? that's dedication.

you are the smart one - never having watched the grammys that's for sure.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

regan - thanks for making feel better. I use the speaker all the time on my phone. :-)...tee hee

Jane Heller said...

I don't think Mick Jagger or the Stones have ever won a Grammy. I didn't watch the show, but from what I read Mick put the younger performers to shame! YAY for the old people. LOL.

Carma Sez said...

I know a good gesture you could give her :D

Smokers irritate the crap out of me.

You are a genius - re: aretha franklin. Boy has she dropped some poundage. Never thought of that angle. I assumed it was the cancer she was rumored to have had or some other type of illness but I bet you are right on the money!!!