Yesterday after I was told that I was not important enough by Verizon to have them get here quickly I had a light bulb moment.
I decided that I would just move my internet service to my business line.
When this was first configured as I mentioned to you all before this was not allowed because one was copper (phone) and the internet was a fiber optic line. But they told me yesterday they do allow that to be bundled now.
So sneaky me called them back and asked if I could please move my internet to my business line. They said, "Sure we can have someone out there tomorrow."
Oh my God is what I wanted to scream into the receiver but I refrained until I hung up.
So the secret to being important is to be a business.
Then she asked if I wanted to get FIOS TV while they were here.
I wanted to laugh and say to her, "hell no!" But instead I told her I was very happy with my Satellite provider and programming. Thankfully she stopped pushing. I can't even imagine being down for 10 days with no TV and then being told I was not important enough for them to come out quickly. I'd have a real mess on my hands. Rick would either hurt someone or his head would explode all over the place.
So this morning they were out here at 10am to move the residental internet to my office phone line and with that I got email back and internet at 11:46a.m. today. Viola.
I know this is confusing but bottom line....I have phones, email and internet back.
I did have to laugh when the technician told me that he had a ticket number for me for reference. I asked, "Isn't a ticket number for a problem to be resolved?"
He stated it was indeed. Oh no not again is what came to mind of course.
He told me that with the change to our email account there may be a hiccup and if there is to call Verizon and give them this ticket number and they will get it resolved.
I think I am going to be delusional or a glass half full gal on this topic. I want to believe this ticket number was given to me just in case because I have had so many problems this week but I will never ever need it. Oh that makes me laugh just typing it.
In other news.....
The weather - honestly it's crazy. Poor Australia is having floods, cyclones and oppressive heat all in various areas of their country.
Here in America the midwest, the northeast and even the south are all miserably cold with tons of snow.
I am thankful we did not get any more snow. We got freezing temps. Walking Izzy today has not been fun. Windy enough to blow me over and only 14 degrees. But the sun is out and Izzy thinks it's perfect as she sleeps outside on top of the snow on the deck. Goofy dog.
Now I have to figure out how to fix this damn template......I think I need a geeky boyfriend who can help me with such things. Rick is the MacGyver of the tool belt set but this is not his forte.
8 comments:
I love how you were able to get it through the back door! Sneaky you!
Peggy,
your situation is the epitomy of the sad state of business sense today! Seriously, where is common sense?
yay you!
i need a geeky boyfriend too. im on my own when it comes to computer stuff, and thats not good.
i have a small laptop that i got right before we left florida. i use it most of the time because our other computer is very geriatric and slow and wheezy. i swear, it took me almost a year to master putting photos on the bog with the laptop. even now, i need a glass of wine while blogging with photos.
You are smart AND sneaky--it is the way to get things done, apparently. :-)
I agree about the world lately--cyclones, massive flooding, blizzards and mass upsrisings the world over. The world is in a tumult--which makes me appriciate my rather quiet(even weather-wise) corner of the globe compared to other's right now.
I am a technophobe, too, and always worried about tinkering too much with my own template--sorry I can't help you.
Mamma - yea I was pretty proud of that too.
Tracy - here is what I have learned - if sense really were common more people would have it!!
And it seriously is a sad state of our customer service that is for sure.
Tammie - Maybe we could have a shared geeky boyfriend. He could be a traveling kind of man. Spend some time with me and "fix me up" and then spend some time with you.
And I think I know what I've been doing wrong with the template - I haven't been drinking wine. I've been doing this during the day. Thank you for the tip - who says you aren't good with computers???
"if sense really were common more people would have it!!
Peg, that is brilliant!!
Gal - I can't take credit for that saying. Rick said that to me one day when I was bemoaning the lack of common sense in people and I was frustrated as all get out. I laughed and said Oh MY GOD THAT IS SO RIGHT! I admit he always has a way of taking hysterical me off the cliff and making me laugh and calming me down. So I have stolen that line from him....because it's too true.
Well thank you effing Verizon. Its about damn time. Pretty clever! I'm so glad this is over for you. Now if only I could solve my issues.
Post a Comment