I have been working on my husbands laptop with broadband wireless this week which is pretty close to dial up. Pitiful in 2011. But there is no choice because I am still in Verizon Hell. Day 8 !
Yesterday I was told when asked if we could move up the date that I wasn't important enough. Can you imagine if I told customers that? I had a major melt down yesterday. I was so angry about what was happening (on the phone with verizon most of my day) that I cried from frustration. Bad day. Verizon 10 Peg 0
But because of this laptop I have a new template here on my blog. Didn't want this but I have this. You see I have issues with this laptop's mouse. I swore I was just trying to change the font because I needed it bigger and next thing I know I have this template. This mouse moves and doesn't move without me doing anything. I also can't find it half the time. Right now you are all laughing at me aren't you? I sound like my 83 yr old father here. But I swear this thing just jumps around and it drives me mad!
I made several attempts to make changes and it just kept getting worse and worse. So when I tried to make changes I ended up with more things I didn't want. I did put the water in the background because it has some road there and I really didn't like that. So until I have my old PC back I think I'm stuck with this for better or worse. Then again by the time I get my computer and verizon back this may grow on me. (you know like mold)
Other random thoughts blowing around my head this morning.....
I saw that ole Puxatawny Phil did NOT see his shadow so YIPEE! Early spring.
I saw a pack, group, or bunch of robins (whatever more than 5 are) a couple of days ago while walking Izzy and I came running home to tell Rick. He told me he had seen a couple a few days earlier. That's a good sign isn't it?
Well at least that is my story and I'm stickin' to it.
It's raining now and it is washing away the mounds of snow.
It's a beautiful cycle people, beautiful.
I hate my new neighbors on both sides of us now. They both sicken me. It's that bad.
I have never not liked my neighbors my whole life. So this is a new frontier and I don't much care for it.
I have been applying for jobs like crazy. That will have to be a seperate post but I have to say being older and going back into the outside work force sucks. Why can't I just win a huge lottery?
I have always liked the actor Matthew Perry. Of course I loved him on Friends. But I really liked him in the Aaron Sorkin show, Studio 60, that he was in years later. Rick and I always say if we like it, it will be canceled and it was. Matthew was also in a guilty pleasure movie of mine called, "Fools Rush In". Love that movie - my life only not Mexicans, but Italians. I saw him last night on Letterman and I see he has a new show starting in February. I hope it is a good show.
And finally in pop culture news.
Now I don't know if anything you read is true but this is what I read on radar online and the NY Daily News. (and we know how reliable that paper is)
I read where Charlie Sheen left the hospital and refused to go to rehab. He is at home. He is not rehabbing at home they said because there is no such thing. I think it becomes difficult when you are a 45 year old drugged and drunk grown ass man you will do what you want until you die. It's sad to think he will die but I think that is the only way he'll stop. What a sad waste of talent. I read his parents were trying to get conservatorship, like Britney's folks, and that would help him but at age 45 do you really think he will let this happen? I think he will go the way of Anna Nicole Smith. It's all so sad. And he is costing a lot of people like camera men and all the other working folks on his tv show their jobs because he can't work. It's a big mess isn't it?
I guess being poor and not having Verizon because I am not important enough to get it fixed in a timely manner are better problems to have. Who knew I'd feel so much better with that option. Is there a 3rd option out there I can choose?
8 comments:
I like the water sour-rounding your blog. It is fitting and relaxing.
Now, I really wanna hear a bit more about those neighbors.
Roc - sour rounding? Hmm.... Oh these neighbors don't want to come over or call all the time like your old neighbor but seriously I have a very strong dislike of them. I will write one day about them when i can do so without all 4 letter words. I am not in a good place today. Maybe when I leave verizon hell.
yeah, i thought the new water was an editorial statement about the weather.
and i'm sorry you're going nuts with your sucky verizon.
and you CAN dry up and straighten up at home, but it's more difficult. course being locked up kind of sucks too.
but i would not be heartbroken if they stopped making that horrid little show and those people got other work.
flask - that's funny about the water. I LOVE water - my favorite thing in the world. To be on it, to be in it or to be around it. I love it but this was not what I was going for.
Ah ha - we finally disagree I find that show hysterical and a bit sick.
I liked the water feature on your blog too.
I heard on the news today that they decide what the ground hog is going to predict the night before. Makes all the fuss seem wasteful,
Yes and there is no Santa Mamma!
I refuse to believe that. I am in denial. :-)
i loved this whole post. it made me chuckle-it was so chatty and fun.
regarding jobs: i signed up to get info on openings at the local 911 dispatch center. i checked it out and they dont require a lot (education wise) and they provide the training you do need. plus, the hours are totally flexible. the money isnt bad either, here they average about $20 an hour-i certainly wouldnt turn that down.
Tammie - I wouldn't turn down much these days. This sounds like a great option with the flexible schedule and being a mom. I love that you can do this too.
I couldn't do the 911 I know me well enough to know I am a big ole wuss and would cry all the time. I don't think that gives the caller a sense of comfort if the person on the other end is crying or screaming and all emotional.:-)
Post a Comment