When I was 9 I was wearing what I called a serious bra by that time.
I skipped "training bras" and went into full combat mode with no training. How will the "girls" know how to stand at attention with no training?
I always thought the term, "training bra" was funny. Don't you?
When I would say these things my mom would laugh at me and say, "You'll be happy about all this someday." She lied to me.
I noticed that old men (you know like 20) looked at me weird. I hated it. But 9-year-old boys did too. They would snap my bra on the way to gym class. I spent most of those years crying. It wasn't fun. What was the big deal is what I didn’t understand! I longed to be flat-chested since the age of 8. It never changed.
Cheerleading in high school was horrendous. Jumping with these things I could blacken an eye. There were no sports bras just one to train your girls. So I would ask to be wrapped in an ace bandage to keep them tight so when I jumped, did cartwheels, and backflips everything stayed where it should stay.
No flipping and stopping while my boobs were still going, boing, boing.
Yes, my high school boyfriend thought it was silly. Then one day he was over and I did some of those things in the backyard without the ace bandage and he laughed. Okay he told me, I see the issue but honestly I don't mind as he laughed. I know he doesn't mind but I do.
He understood the need, he finally got it. Now, if only we'd been smart enough to invent the sports bra. I could be rich! So before games, he or another cheerleader would help wrap me up in an ace bandage.
Ah, high school when they are all new and pert.
Fast forward to age 28/29.
My best friend Melanie and I were heading over to her date's apartment for a double date. The guy I was dating, Eddie, was fixing his best friend up with my best friend.
We were meeting at the apartment for some drinks and to chat a bit to get to know one another before we all went out.
Eddie and I went into the kitchen to refresh everyone’s drinks and the cheese and cracker platter. I was wearing a man’s style white shirt, a pair of jeans and high heel ankle boots. (jewelry)
Fast forward to age 28/29.
My best friend Melanie and I were heading over to her date's apartment for a double date. The guy I was dating, Eddie, was fixing his best friend up with my best friend.
We were meeting at the apartment for some drinks and to chat a bit to get to know one another before we all went out.
Eddie and I went into the kitchen to refresh everyone’s drinks and the cheese and cracker platter. I was wearing a man’s style white shirt, a pair of jeans and high heel ankle boots. (jewelry)
Nothing fancy because we weren’t doing anything fancy.
The white shirt was not tight and pulling at the buttons with my bosom dying to escape a la Pamela Anderson.
Oh no, it was normal. I never wore things like that to draw attention to them….ever.
Yet Eddie was staring at my boobs all night as often was the case.
Now as we are in the kitchen making drinks he is once again talking to my boobs and not me.
“Hey Ed, These are not microphones,” I say as I touch my boobs and lift his chin. (that was something I had to say way too often to way too many) I remind him I hear with "these" as I point to my ears.
I closed my eyes and continue on, “I bet you don’t even know what color my eyes are, do you?”
He laughs. I laugh too.
“Well, I'm waiting Ed? What color are they?”
I've gone out with this fun guy for a few months now and he doesn't know the color of my eyes! I didn’t have to open my eyes to know he is really hoping I will open them because he has no fucking clue as he stares at my eyes. I can "feel" him looking at my closed eyes, the hopeless idiot.
He says, “They’re green. Yep, green. I’m sure of it!”
"Are you sure? Because we have been going out now for about 3 months so you should know what color my eyes are."
I open my eyes and he is actually looking at my eyes for a change and he says, “Damn it!...not even close, they're brown!”
No, not even close. But I laugh because he was sincerely shocked by this.
He tries to tell me that most people don’t notice other people’s eye color.
Oh come on now Eddie that is just a lame ass excuse!
Oh no, it was normal. I never wore things like that to draw attention to them….ever.
Yet Eddie was staring at my boobs all night as often was the case.
Now as we are in the kitchen making drinks he is once again talking to my boobs and not me.
“Hey Ed, These are not microphones,” I say as I touch my boobs and lift his chin. (that was something I had to say way too often to way too many) I remind him I hear with "these" as I point to my ears.
I closed my eyes and continue on, “I bet you don’t even know what color my eyes are, do you?”
He laughs. I laugh too.
“Well, I'm waiting Ed? What color are they?”
I've gone out with this fun guy for a few months now and he doesn't know the color of my eyes! I didn’t have to open my eyes to know he is really hoping I will open them because he has no fucking clue as he stares at my eyes. I can "feel" him looking at my closed eyes, the hopeless idiot.
He says, “They’re green. Yep, green. I’m sure of it!”
"Are you sure? Because we have been going out now for about 3 months so you should know what color my eyes are."
I open my eyes and he is actually looking at my eyes for a change and he says, “Damn it!...not even close, they're brown!”
No, not even close. But I laugh because he was sincerely shocked by this.
He tries to tell me that most people don’t notice other people’s eye color.
Oh come on now Eddie that is just a lame ass excuse!
Yes, normal people do notice other's eyes.
"I'll prove to you that most people don't Peg."
He then yells into the living room, “Melanie what color are Peg’s eyes?”
Without missing a beat Melanie yells back, “Hazel - greenish”
He says, “Ah ha! See? You've been friends for 10 years you told me.
He then yells into the living room, “Melanie what color are Peg’s eyes?”
Without missing a beat Melanie yells back, “Hazel - greenish”
He says, “Ah ha! See? You've been friends for 10 years you told me.
So you think she’s just staring at your tits too?”
Damn it. So with that we both laugh. Honestly, how could SHE not know?
Damn it. So with that we both laugh. Honestly, how could SHE not know?
Now that I am old. They have deflated. All women understand this.
Men don't normally Men have hanging not deflating right?
Yep deflating is as bad as falling.
So number one is that I am now old so I am invisible to the majority of the population.
Because they have deflated they don't look as big. That's good.
BUT they are and I still have to roll them up (😮) to get them in the same size bra. So this is the only thing about aging that may be okay for me.
I am not oogled, stared at and people now look at my face to talk to me.
So what color are my eyes?
17 comments:
that is a great story!!! and now I think you should post some of your "Pam Anderson" pics so we have a reference point <--- kidding!!
not to defend his actions, but guys don't seem to notice eyes as much as women do purely from my own experience - and my eyes are very light green so they are easy to spot...and my boobs are NOT distracting (not by a long shot ;-) )
Ha! Thank god Melanie knew the color.
Raquel - no Melanie DID NOT know the color. my eyes are BROWN. Not even close to green or hazel. Solid brown - I'll post my annual birthday eye's aging post next week you'll see.
Peggy,
That is hilarious! I never had the problem that you have, nor did I EVER want that problem~ but it makes for a great story?!
Sadly Tracy I have a lot of great stories on that. I'll trade you though - I'd rather not have them!
I've never had big boobs, but my former friend did.....and she was always wearing white and tight t-shirts, totally trying to play them up, and then she'd bitch and moan that guys were always looking at her boobs! Yeah, right! She loved to tell cuz she was really trying to rub my nose in it, that guys would be looking at her, and not me.....hello, I'm married and NOT sleeping around....that's why she's a 'former' friend!
When I'm at my goal weight (Weight Watchers), I actually have no boobs.....I can run without a bra! But right now, not at goal (lol), I'm a DD for Christ's sake! What the hell! My undies drawer has a whole selection of different sized bras....I keep going back and forth through them! One day, one size....that's the goal!
wow i have never met a woman who had them naturally who didn't hide them except today. It's so acceptable today. I used to hold my books in front of them in school and hunch over. I tried it all.
I notice eye color! It's what attracted me to my hubby. His are a steel gray.
I also notice teeth but that's an occupational hazard.
Mamma - Those are the two things I notice as well.
i thought you were a teacher - occupational hazard? teacher of denistry perhaps?
sports bras. sometimes two.
and my eyes are blue.
Guys are either boob or butt men. Or legs. I DEFINITELY didn't have to worry about a boob fetish when growing up - flat as a pancake. Long legs and small butt helped. Now middle age I am lucky Excy finds me beautiful regardless. I also LOVE Lucy, and can watch it all day -- Andy Griffith shows too. I agree about liking the NY shows the best, but when they are in Hollywood? Those shows were hilarious -- the look on William Holden's face when Lucy sets her fake nose on fire and then says the sun makes your skin so pliable is to die for...a size 12 back then is more like a 6-8 today. Designers today keep making sizes smaller -- to make us feel better....
p.s. Definitely would love to hear your ghost stories, thanks~!
Oh my gosh! but now you should know that they can't help themselves ;)
I noticed flask!
BTW here is a tid bit of my old age - they did not have sports bras when I was in high school. I was cheerleader and i would wrap myself with an ace bandage. Pathetic huh?
I'm what you would call a "small chested" gal, but I had D cups while nursing. I thought I would enjoy having a big chest but you are absolutely right -- no one looks you in the eye.
:-) Nice post.
Pearl
If you asked me what MY eye color was I'd have to go look in a mirror. Some things are just not that important to some people.
Mike - Ah, spoken like a good man. :-)
Post a Comment