Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Verizon Sucks...but you knew that didn't you?

I have been in Verizon hell for 2 days now.
To say I am frustrated is an understatement.
I need to make changes in our lives to cut costs anyway we can.
Business is scary slow and things are not great right now.

I have FIOS for my ISP. It is bundled with my home land line. I wish to cancel my landline. Doing so means I will have to pay much more to move it to my business line. I will also be down for 1 day. I can’t afford to be down for one day in business.
Business is bad enough. The logic in that escapes me. It’s location is in the same house. It just goes from one bill to another. When asked why I would be down for a day I was told 3 times by 3 different representatives that this “just is the way it’s done”
Why thank you for your help Verizon!

I went from one Verizon number to another because I am dealing with business line and home line. Apparently the two shall never meet. I was disconnected two times after I asked my questions. Apparently their head exploded. I was transferred 5 times this morning. 5 times and yet aside from selling me FIOS TV no one had a clue as to the answers of my questions.

I then had the pleasure of speaking to a real special gal in customer service today.
This snarky bitch told me that if I got FIOS TV as well as internet and phone then I could get it all for the price I pay now for phone and ISP.
The fact that I don’t wish to have FIOS TV or a phone line means nothing because I am only a customer who should only do what they want me to do. I certainly should not expect to have the services that I only want.
But damn it I only want and need the ISP from Verizon.
She actually laughed and said, “You do realize that is a stupid choice don’t you? You are paying more that way.”
If I could have just smacked the snarky right out of her mouth so help me God I would have.

“First of all Miss I do not appreciate your tone with me. I stated twice now that I do not wish to have your television services and do not wish to keep a land line. I just want internet. I want internet preferably without interruption just moved from one bill to another bill. I do not wish to be charged more. I do not understand how this is not a simple move of my service from one bill to another and pay the same price.”

Her response was, “well if you go to your business line there is a higher charge for the internet service and then we’d also make your internet service faster.”

"You mean to tell me when I got this service and was told it was the fastest speed available I was lied to?"

"Yes and no, we have others but not for the home bundle user."
She said this last sentence as though I was so beneath her, as though a home bundle user was simply white trash.  The tone was amazing.

"Allright. To be sure I have this correct you are saying I can have faster speed but only if you charge me more."

"Yes that is correct."

"Can I just keep the speed I am at?"

"As I keep telling you - NO not if you make a change we don’t allow that."
She said this as though she were the only person being annoyed! 
Which I must say just fried my ass.

"So please allow me to recap here so that I am sure I understand this fully.
I am attempting to cut some of my overhead costs and if I cancel a landline and move my ISP from one bill to another bill which is located in the same home I will end up paying more.
Do I understand this correctly? "

"Yes, unless you add TV and keep the land line. AND SHE LAUGHED.
So do you want to just add the TV now?"

At this point I just wanted to cry I was so damn frustrated.

I can’t change my home business to a residential line for a plethora of reasons too long and annoying to list here. So they have me by the short hairs don't they?

I hate Verizon and sadly Vonage is not an option for business because we have looked into that.

2011 is off to a great start.

7 comments:

Linda said...

They get us coming and going!

Raquel's World said...

I HATE VERIZON too! Just because what they did to you! Annoying. Our cable company is the same way...time warner cable....Ugggh!
Good luck with that!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda - you got that right.

Roc - thanks for your support. Good thing I don't believe in weapons because i'd be using them today!!

Anonymous said...

how frustrating! im so sorry you have to go through that. i hate Verizon too.

But frankly, i think i may have you beat in the contest for the worst way to start a year: Jay called me yesterday from work to tell me that his company overpaid him for 8 vacation days last year and they'll be taking out of his next two paychecks. wonderful. as if living off of one income isnt hard enough, for the next month we have to live off half of an income. i keep telling myself that its only one month. we can do this.

so yeah, please tell me the year can only get better. i'll try and fool you into thinking that if you try to fool me. :)

mamahasspoken said...

It's sad that they don't care about helping you but in selling their product. I had problems with my landline. I was charge each month for long distance that I didn't use and whenever I called about that I was told they were charging what they were aloud to charge per the government. Well when I changed my land line provider they were saying everything they could to get me to stay with them. It felt great to tell them it was my way of getting them back for all the long distance crap they gave me for all those years. Yep, take that Cincinnati Bell!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Tammie - I'm so sorry! There ought to be a law that if they @#$! up then it's their loss that they write off and you shouldn't be penalized. According to my Big Guy in HR it can be done but most companies won't do it. I hate people! If it makes you feel any better we're doing worse than 1/2 a salary.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma - oh this sounds like what I am going through with my bank....I'll be posting that soon. Doesn't it suck when they can do what they want but should you do that you are disconnected!!