Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rehash/Refresh

I am blocked......I'm stealing from myself as I have done in the past on things I wrote before there were any followers.
I haven't done that in awhile and Raquel reminded me of the idea. Thanks Roc!

This below is from 2007...
____________________________________________   

I read a few blogs and I have to say I really enjoy a lot of funny men and women bloggers. There are several that never fail to make me laugh.

One such blog taught me a new word. That is always fun even if you aren't playing scrabble. But here is what I want to know. How in the hell could I have never known this word? I am the mere definition of this word. How could I not have seen it or read it in all of my years when it defines me. Was my picture not in Webster’s next to this definition?
How could I have done so well on the ole verbal part of the SAT's if I didn't know this word?

I read her profile and I said to myself she must be my long lost younger sister. My parents had a child that got away....or perhaps I’m adopted. Who knows but could there really be two identical people out there that are open minded, kind, do-gooders by nature that yet have such a disdain for most people? Two adult females who feel the way they do about people and yet work in a people person and customer service oriented industry? Hmmm.....

My new word is misanthropic. An entry I found for this word was as follows.
Function: adjective
1: of, relating to, or characteristic of a misanthrope. (really does Webster think this helps if you don’t know what the hell the word means. Honestly)
2: marked by a hatred or contempt for humankind. (Bingo- see previous blogs below)
Synonym see CYNCIAL

I said to a good friend over labor day how I hate people. She laughed and said, "Oh you do not you are always smiling and laughing." Okay true for the most part but does that mean I have to like everyone because I am generally happy? Can’t I be a curmudgeon with a smile? Another friend said that she knew I felt that way but it was the exact opposite of how I live my life so it wasn’t making sense to her. Oh c'mon let me have this one thing, why the hell can’t I be both? No one is 100% anything are they?

Okay maybe W is just stupid and only stupid -he may be the exception here.

My husband says it’s really stupid people that I dislike.
I am not so sure that’s the only ones but they are sure as hell right up there. Here are a few of those Mensa’s that I have run into this week – tell me what you think.
  • A vegetarian who smokes cigarettes like crazy and then tells me that if I eat that steak how bad it is for my body –Vegan’s who smoke giving me a lecture about health!
  • How about the nut jobs who think that I should not be allowed to do what I want with my own body. People who call themselves pro-life but believe in capital punishment? Oh so it’s okay to kill once they are out of the womb but not before they are actually formed into a human.
  • How about that dumb grocery store clerk who couldn’t give me change because the cash register was broken. The drawer is open so she can give me change if she knew how to count it back to me. She just stared at the machine hoping the numbers would pop up there until I finally told her what amount to give me back. I could have told her anything and the bubble head would have given it to me.
Those are a few examples of my week. Sadly there are more of those morons by the minute. Who is to blame for this? Or are these stupid people breeding more than others?
We need to get them birth control - stat.

Now none of this can be confused with having blonde moments. Blonde moments are funny. Blonde moments don’t hurt anyone. I wish there was another name so blondes wouldn't be offended but we all know blonde moments are fun.
Blonde moments if only moments are not a bad thing.
If you're blonde and Paris Hilton – then it’s not a moment it’s just Stupid.

I am not embarrassed to tell you that I have a ton of those Blonde moments myself.
Two I will repeat here –

It was October a few years back. I was living at a home at the time with a staircase up to our front door. There was an olive bush at the end of the staircase right by the driveway & garage door.
We had friends that had just arrived from LA. They were getting out of their car and my husband and I walked out the front door to say hello. As they were removing their luggage from the trunk my husband and I were waiting for them at the top of the stairs. I got a heavy whiff of the very fragrant aroma coming from that olive bush. It was such a sweet beautiful smell, almost like perfume. My friends down below had just reached the bottom of the staircase by the olive bush when I said, “Rusty can you smell my bush from there?”
At which time he and his wife began to howl and he replied, “Oh Margaret not now, I am standing here with my lovely wife.” And everyone began to laugh. I didn’t even realize at first what I had said but it still cracks me up.

I was driving down the street in my little convertible that I had at the time. It was a gorgeous sunny day. The day before my husband said he was going to clean the car and do the windows for me. I struggle with the windows for some reason and he does such a great job of getting them streak free.
As I am driving down the street I look in my rear view mirror and think to myself, "wow he really must teach me how he gets these windows so streak free"
I go a bit further and I look in my rear view mirror again because seriously I can't get over what a clear window I now have. I get to a stop sign and can't stop looking in my rear view mirror at my back windsheild. When suddenly I realize the top is down and there is no friggin' window/windsheild right now. I laughed out loud and the woman crossing the street with her dog heard me and looked at me like I was crazy. Hell I was! (am)
Now the fact that I went home and told my husband may make me lose a few IQ points I'm afraid.

See not stupid, just a blonde moment.
I didn't breed though just in case.....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

in defense of retail workers everywhere, i must say that when the cash register breaks or jams and you have to give change, it sucks.

im by NO MEANS a math whiz, but i can do simple math, but when you're workeing a register you tend to fall into a routine where you sort of....i dont want to say stop thinking but you start just doing what the register says. so when you suddenly have to snap out of that, it takes a moment or two to recover, you get flustered, the customer is staring at you as if you are a class A moron, and you want to die.

of course, there are dummies out there who just should not be near a register. feel free to ridicule them.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - that was good!
I literally had to count it back for her because she was giving me back more than I paid. I'm old so I learned how to give change before the register told us. You know like the cash register on Little House on the Prairie. :-)

alessandra said...

This post was very funny, and I agree with your husband (this time) you don't like stupid people.
The problem is, how do you know that they are stupid, and not only having a blonde moment?

Carolyn said...

That's too funny. Oddly when I had my convertible I did that once!!!!! lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra - you don't that is the problem until they keep talking!! Then it's too late you can't run away if they are stupid. :-)

Yankee Girl said...

It seems to me that we are breeding more and more stupid people!

Yes, the vegetarian who still does bad things to her body pisses me off too. REALLY PEOPLE? COME ON!
I just want to kick them off of their high horse.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn - Thanks that makes me feel better!

Yankee Girl - well said!!

alessandra said...

Hahaha, right!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the laugh - I REALLY NEEDED IT!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thanks Jenny - I am soooo enjoying the adventures of Pearl. I anxiously await the next installment each week!!!

Carma Sez said...

I don't know if I'd include the cashier - her bubbleheadness is pretty advantageous :D :D

But I hear ya - somebody said to me a while back, "I thought you didn't like people" LOL

I'm like you normally - all sunshiny on the outside - on the inside I harbor deep contempt for many individuals :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Really Caram - adventageous? Being a dumb cashier has it's advantages? I'm not sure i follow that one.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Hysterical as usual. I have a friend who's a nurse. She will only work in the icu or in surgery where people are under anesthesia because she doesn't particularly like people. Brilliant if you ask me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tia - Your friend is freakin' brilliant!!!! I may need to change professions.

Raquel's World said...

How did I miss this post??/ This is hilarious! Smoking Vegans?? LOL
Smell my bush! Lol Funny stuff!