I am so very thankful that 2010 is almost gone – Good Riddance!!
I am thankful I got to experience dog love no matter how late in life – who knew? (okay so Peta did)
I am thankful that it’s uncommonly cold here but no snow!
I am thankful that I have gone beyond that really ugly point of growing out very short hair – finally!!!
I am very thankful that Rick is my husband. (Yes, dear I got that in there for you)
I am thankful for those who made the first wine discovery – Whoever you are I love you!
I am thankful for great hair colorists.
I am thankful that people can’t read my mind most days!
Who knew I’d ever be thankful for the invention of a bra? But I am at my age.
I am thankful that I found a new doctor and am on my way to being healthy again.
I am thankful I was not one of those poor families stranded in New England while visiting family over the holidays– I am very thankful I was not stuck with my family for days. I am so thankful I will say it again – Thank you for not stranding me with my crazy family for days on end with no out!
I am thankful for Tanqueray the best damn gin in the world. (which would be necessary if stranded with family over holidays)
I am thankful for bifocals but not thankful that I need them to grocery shop for heaven’s sake.
I am thankful that my husband can finish the next line in the song I was singing under my breath as I loaded the dishwasher last night. I am thankful he is my age and he knew the next line, “Want some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea, What's all these crazy questions they askin' me” (He said) For that reason alone I could never date a younger man.
I am thankful for moisturizer that I swore at the ripe old age of 25 I would never ever possibly need on my greasy Mediterranean skin.
I am thankful for bio-identical hormones!
I am thankful that my husband’s eyesight is going at the same time my looks are.
I am especially thankful for all my blogger friends who read me, comment here and send me emails. Thank you for your friendship and gift of your time!
See you in 2011!
Happy New Year.
15 comments:
"I am thankful I got to experience dog love no matter how late in life – who knew?"
With you on this one(got my first dog--Miss Jewel--at the ripe old age 41)--ain't it great?!!
Also...SO great to read that things are going so well with the doctor(and that the "groweing-out" stage is past with your hair!
Great list of thankfulness! I'm thankful for awesome, snarky, thoughtful, hilarious people like you :)
I love this! And I am right there with ya on so many!!!! The hair, moisturizer, family (ugh), husband (yay), and blogger friends!
I'm adding thankfulness for Berry Flavored Metamucil and Columbo on DVD!
Here's hoping for a great 2011!
regan
Gal Friday - well it's gone past the "what the hell are you doing with your hair" to it's okay until it gets to where it needs to be. In other words, I am wearing a hat a lot less. :-)
Lindsay - thank you!
Regan - Okay you lost me on the metamucil and columbo but if I have to have metamucil berry flavored would be better!!!
I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life: My Savior, my hubby, my kids, my sister, my grandkids, my home, my church, my country, my home, my washer and dryer, $ to pay the bills, good health. I'm just thankful, and I hope I remember all of these when I want to complain!
I'm thankful for you too!
Hahaha, great list, I love it, but hey I read minds! kidding!
Happy new year!
this is a good list. might i add one?
im thankful ive learned to drink the right amount of alcohol-enough to make me forget my problems but not so much that im sick the next day. it's a slowly acquired skill.
the best part of this is that you have found a new dr. and are on the road to good health :)
Ditto on the mind reading. It is best that people don't know what I am thinking either. Let's just say if that was possible my day and a half visit would have lasted 35 minutes!!!
Yes to the moisturizer. I'm half Italian but man do I need it now!
Happy that your short hair is approaching perfect length. I know the feeling of which you write having gone and chopped mine off several times on a whim...
Have a healthy and prosperous 2011.
Tammie - Good One! and an important skill one must learn the hard way.
Carma - I have another 8 months for perfect length - just out of the WTF? stage.
Alessandra - oh if you did you'd be so rich!!
I am thankful for having met (well kinda) you! You have been right there bitching with me on so much this year. It was fun.
I agree that I am thankful that the year 2010 is almost over. Had only a few great things but oh so many bad things happening that I can't wait to kick it to the curb!
Oh and your friend Tammi is right, learning when you have had enough is a necessary skill at our age.
You have lots to be thankful for... this is a great list!!
Oh great! Now after all my curmodgining about rain and floods, I pop over here and you're making lists of thankfulness. Of course because I'm Catholic I first have to feel the guilt. Now then, that's over, I'm on board with ya. I'm actually thankful for every single thing you are except the Tanqueray. Then again, if I were stranded with my family for days over the holiday's I may take up gin and would be more than thankful for it. Re your hair - I'm happy for you that it's past the stage where you hate it whenever you look in the mirror. It's only up from here, please God. I'm sure though that, even if you were bald your friends would love you just the way you are. A funny, sarcastic in a hilarious way, real, been there, going somewhere, full of life, great blogging, big hearted, brutally honest (in a good way, again) lady. I'm thankful for you because, you have given me tons of laughs, some good advise and a bit of wisdom all mixed in. Sometimes I completely relate to you, sometimes I have no idea where you're coming from and always, I come back for more because in blogland, you're one of my favorite people. So, here's to the New Year and many more posts. May you be as prolific and profound next year as you were this year. I can't wait for what's to come. Have a toast of that Tanqueray for me. That way you get 2! Blessings in 2011 - Tia
Love the list, P!
J
thanks Jessie
Post a Comment