Friday, August 27, 2010

Vacation

Well it is sort of a vacation.
We are heading to the lake on Sunday. 
I have a plethora of things to accomplish so we can leave.
Right now I am feeling overwhelmed and wishing I had a few more hours in the day to get everything done.

The new vanity top that was to be installed down there was dropped and broken.
So the rest of the room will be finished but the old ugly sink and counter top will be there for now.  Honestly I can tell mercury is in retrograde.  Oh stop your laughing at me!
Has everything been shit lately?  Been in a funk?  Things are just goofy? Kids acting up? Dogs crazy?  That's mercury in retrograde people.  Sort of like a full moon and all the crazies that happen and come out during that time.

I will be forwarding the office phones to the lake so I will be working.
Rick is actually on vacation.  Oh the joy of owning your own business. 
But this is the slowest week of the year for us annually so it shouldn't be too bad. 
I have a lot of stuff to do there to get ready for company and I have homework and I have work. 

These are some of the great visitors coming next week.

They are fun, laid back and low maintenance and we love 'em!
Can't get any better company than that.

That little guy above and Rick tease each other something fierce.
Rick reverts to a 12 yr old and Joey is now 10 or 11 so basically what I am saying is they are the same general age.  Each and every year they do something to one another to gross each other out or play a trick.  They both know before they leave one another that something will happen.  Rick is all excited about what he has up his sleeve this time.  I can't share it now because one of those 3 in the picture may read this. Can't give away Rick's diabolical plan.
The fact that my grown ass husband plans on how to trick a kid is really quite pathetic but the 2 of them seem to really look forward to this yearly event.  I'll try to take photo's this year so I can share with you all.  I must admit it's a good one. He's the damn cutest kid and my husband ain't so bad either.

I have found gluten free beer that is good.....very good.
I know you're thinking big deal Margaret who the hell cares? Well, I do. 
Sometimes you just need to have a beer on a hot summer day. 
Especially at the lake. Beer and lake fun seem to go hand in hand.
My husband, the beer snob, thinks it's good as well. 
Okay he wouldn't choose it over his Molson's XXX but he thought it was better than most beers that are popular here in America. (you know like that awful Bud and Miller Lite) 
It's a heavier robust beer which I like and I am shocked at how much I like it. 
The little things in life that thrill me huh?

Don't know if I'll have time to post in the next week.
So here's to the official end of summer.
Have a great holiday!

8 comments:

Raquel's World said...

Happy End of Summer to you as well! Come back from the lake rejuvenated and happy...k?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Raquel - but I thought you liked me cranky and bitchy?
:-)

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

No, that was me. I like you cranky and bitchy. I just like you, you're funny. Heh heh heh.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Have a wonderful time at the lake! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Have a wonderful time at the lake! :)

Tina said...

Have a great time!

Showed the husband your blog header because we just got a boat and THAT is what I plan on doing while he fishes :) He rolled his eyes LOL

Anonymous said...

NOTHING tastes better than a REALLY cold beer on a hot day. I found a low carb one that I like a lot.
Mary

Gal Friday said...

Ack! Sorry to hear about the broken vanity top. But...good to know you found a beer you can drink. A vacation by the lake most certainly needs some ice cold beer.