Friday, August 6, 2010

Horrendous Flashback Friday

Only because I promised on the 70's Palooza post....

You thought the pics from the 70's were funny looking.-

Well here are the 80's.
Now I have done late 80's here (shaved sides and mullets) so I am doing the very early 80's up to 1983.

These photo's are so awful that I can't believe I am doing this.
I have postponed this long enough since I said I'd put these up here.
Okay let's just pretend I lost my mind.
I am sticking with the story that I was over taken by shoulder pads and perm solution.
I think it may be best to do this like a band aid.....just do it quickly and hope the pain is over just as fast.

This lovely ditty is from a birthday at my Grandma's house. I got wind chimes for my apartment from my sister I am hugging.
Oh God that hair makes me a frightful sight. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Between my hair and his pants we both should be taken out back and flogged!
Why was no intervention done to us for the hair, the clothes, the glasses on him?!
Did our friends and family hate us?
Check out the polaroid camera on the chair next to him.
Ugly chair and carpeting courtesy of Grandma.

I must have just finished clown college....Look at that blush I have on for heavens sake.
Make up instruction taught by Clown College.
This must have been after the perms because my hair is shorter.
I am again at Grandma's house and I am estimating from this house that this is 1983.
Okay no more of the 80's.  These are worse than the 70's. 
Besides you've seen a lot of the 80's from past posts.
I think I need to only post nice photo's from now on.  Hah. 
I don't take nice photo's so you may never see another one again.

Rick now has the creeping crud that had me sick for a week.
We were suppose to head to the lake house this weekend.
Some friends were renting a house down at the lake and this weekend we thought we'd all get together for some fun.
But Rick is so not up to it so we'll be hanging around up here in the city/suburbs.
It  is suppose to be a cooler less humid weekend too damn it.
Oh well.  I'll get another one of those by October.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Here's someone who always takes a good picture.

8 comments:

Menopausal New Mom said...

Oh I loved the 80's but no kidding, what were we thinking? I used to have my hair standing straight up on end with dipity do or something like that. Green gel that you could use to make your hair go at straight angles Lol!

Thanks for taking me back and for following my blog. I'm following you now too :)

Anonymous said...

Love your hair; his pants...not so much. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Mary

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

OMG, I TOTALLY had that same hair!! Although, I guess a BUNCH of us did back in the 70's, huh? I KNEW I liked you!!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic...its your gorgeous face that shines through though....Luv Em..!

Gal Friday said...

Honestly, I have seen far worse as far as old hairstyles from the 70's and 80's goes. You don't look too bad at all.

The men's plaid pants, though! Wow! Reminds me of my plaid Sears "Toughskins" I wore when I was about eleven years old.

I noted the "cowl necks, too.

What a treat that lake is for your "water dog"!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gal Friday - Aah, good catch on the cowl necks.

Yep Izzy is happiest at the lake house. Me too in a lot of ways. She loves to go fishing too which makes my hubby very happy.

Gal Friday said...

I am going to try to look for my own "Horrendous Friday Flashback" for tomorrow's entry at my blog. I hope you don't mind me stealing the idea(kind of in a funk lately and not inspired to write much there, but I like how you share old photos from your past here)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tina - Go For it!! I can't wait to see 'em.