Monday, April 14, 2008

Random Monday Thoughts

Had a good lazy weekend.
As I have said again and again here on my blog I am misanthropic.
So on any given week after having to deal with people and keep on what I refer to as my "Peggy face" I choose not to deal with people on Friday night. It is just a big fat NO WAY.
I have to deal with people all week and by Friday night I want NOTHING to do with them. I am very anti-social by Friday evenings. It has always been my M.O.
(being misanthropic has always been my MO as well)

Our friends, who are also our neighbors, invited us over on Friday night for dinner and lots of cocktails. They started the invite with, “We know you’re anti-social on Friday but please come over....we bought Tanqueray gin for you”.
Now that to me is funny. How pathetic that I am being enticed to be social by promising me my favorite beverage so that I can’t say no. It was too funny of an invitation to not accept. So off we went to get shit faced with the neighbors and stumble home. We laughed so much that evening that it was good to come home so my face could stop hurting from all the laughing and smiling. Good way to end the week after all.

There is a man from my hometown who is working on a cure for cancer. He himself has leukemia and just completed his 2nd or 3rd round of chemo. (I’m sorry I can’t recall which) He was featured on 60 minutes last evening. The story was too short for me. I wanted to know more and I also thought they would have had more background on him. I know the background because I have been interested in his work for such a long time now but I thought if you didn’t know his story they were leaving out a lot of interesting as well as important information.
Anyhoo, it is now in trials at MD Anderson Cancer Clinic on animals as well as the University of Pitt. I hope he lives long enough for the trial on humans. This looks so incredibly promising. I have so many friends who are dealing with this horrific disease. I have felt it in my own family. I currently have a friend whose partner is suffering with lung cancer. I would love to see him and his partner be free of cancer as well as what I call the cancer life. While you see it eat away the person who is actually diagnosed you also see it within the loved ones as well in a way – know what I mean?. It’s such a dreadful disease. Apparently this will be in trials on humans in 4 yrs or less. I hope sooner for all our sakes.

Just a quickie today....

No comments: