Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Puzzles and other frustrations.

I have been totally ensconced in puzzles this winter.

Hubby and I love to do puzzles in the winter. Currently our dining room table has 2 going. He brought home a 1000 piece blue puzzle. Yes, blue. I have grown to hate all shades of blue. This puzzle frustrates the living hell out of me. It's blue. I am not exaggerating. There are a few items in the puzzle of a different color and those were done instantly. Leaving us with blue. The ends are not ends as you know them so that too adds to my frustration level. So now this puzzle which was intended to entertain us during the TV strike has turned into something that frustrates me beyond belief.

Each time I sit down to work on it I swear at the puzzle and curse my husband for buying a BLUE puzzle. He laughs and says, "where's your sense of adventure" HUH?
I then swore off the dining room - but I'd sneak back in and try it again and then become so frustrated that the frustration was annoying me. Honestly the time just flies as I sit there and stare at blue pieces that somehow don't seem to even belong to this puzzle. The other night I dreamt of this shittin' thing! I woke up frustrated, can you believe it?

So my loving spouse goes to the store to buy a friend a birthday card and sees that Hallmark is having a sale on their puzzles. He brings home a 500 piece puzzle of a tall sandwich. He gives it to me and chuckles, "this should be easier for you babe."

Okay maybe....but NO. This one has me getting up in the middle of the night and thinking, "no that piece wasn't roast beef it was ham I need to move that piece and then maybe...."
Seriously this is sick.

I have decided that maybe one of those puzzles with 8-12 pieces for ages 4 and up should be my next attempt at a puzzle!

No comments: