Monday, May 18, 2026

Where Are Your Clothes?

Margaret, where are you taking off your clothes? He asked me.
Valid question.

I can not find a pair of heather gray leggings. These are not something I would ever wear outside of my home, but I love these leggings. They are a size too big and are baggy and comfy, and I wear them around the house. So where did they run off to?

I also lost my hearing aids.  I had them in Columbus. I took them out and put them in the case, and the case in my makeup travel bag. Rick saw them there. I saw them there.

When it was time to leave, I did the old double check. Went into the bathroom to be sure all was gone (they were in there originally). I always double-check drawers and under the bed if there is an under-the-bed. Nothing was left behind as far as I could see.

Did they run off with my pants? But they can't hear me call! :-)

And lastly, a makeup color palette that is my all-time favorite. Gone - Pff!  

So someone has some nice makeup, can hear better, and is wearing a pair of baggy leggings.  If you see her, tackle her. I want at least my hearing aids and makeup back! 

And jumping tracks - 

I watched the Marty Short documentary the other evening. 
I adore Martin Short. I was an SCTV junkie, and I just loved him and his crazy characters. Every interview I have ever seen him do, I just love him more.
This documentary didn't change how I feel about him. 

I understood how he used his humor with the sad things that happened in his life. The loss of his parents early and a brother. I admired the way he handled himself. But my goodness, this man has had a lot of big losses. 
Funny how some of us use humor to get through these times, and others sit in it. 
I find that fascinating. But I digress...

If you can watch this on Netflix, I would highly recommend it. I honestly loved just seeing the cast of SCTV and all their shenanigans. But more than anything, it's Martin Short. 

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope your wandering possessions come to their senses and return home. The Martin Short documentary is on my To See List, so thanks for your review of it. As gifted a comedian as he is, I admire him just as much, if not more, for the quality human being he also is.

Kathy G said...

Too funny about the missing items. Maybe they've met up with my unaccounted for favorite pair of socks.

bluzdude said...

Maybe your new place is haunted too!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I agree. I admire him as a human most of all. We'd all be blessed to have a Marty Short in our lives. And I'd love to go to his place Snug Harbor. How gorgeous!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Where do these clothes go?๐Ÿ˜„

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh I've seen things here, but it's not haunted. But someone has nice makeup, can hear and is comfy in oversized leggings.๐Ÿ˜…

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

My niece just got new hearing aids, for the first time and she promptly lost them. Her husband got out his phone and used it to track them down. I was shocked that they have an app for that. he was able to make them ping a noise so my niece could find them where the app told her to look. Hope you find yours!

Julie H said...

Hopefully those were not the super expensive hearing aids :( I have a pile of favorite socks that are missing their mates that I still hope will show up soon haha.

DB Stewart said...

If spotted, will tackle. ;)
Also this: yes yes yes to SCTV! Martin Short & John Candy & Catherine O'Hara and that gang! THE. BEST. Will watch.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It was must see TV before we could record anything. We'd always come home to watch. I loved Andrea Martin, or Edith Prickly๐Ÿ˜„

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I did not get that kind. Looks like I will next time!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

No, not the super expensive kind,WHEW! I swear socks run away Julie.

Barbara said...

Dang. It is crazy how that stuff tears you up. If they can make a dick stand up, why can't they invent stuff for celiac? Man, if I were in charge of the world, I would get some things straightened out. You want your little blue pill, then anti-up for stomach-saving meds.