Thursday, May 21, 2026

Hatred for Trump and other news

The old-fashioned alarm clock read 5:01AM.  I know it's wrong. It's wrong by about 30 minutes. A hangover habit from my corporate days. I don't get up easily, or at least not then. I was always half an hour ahead. Somehow, in my morning fog, I'd forget that, and for some reason, that amused the hell out of my partner.  

I shuffled out to the living room and sat for a minute. Nope, can't go back to sleep, so I made a cup of coffee.  Read the AARP magazine that came in the mail, unloaded the dishwasher, and put things away, then put Rick's medications out for the breakfast round.

At 6:45 a.m., I thought I could sleep. WHY? Why not when I'm in bed? 
I made the mistake of turning on the television.  Oh yeah, I recorded the baseball game and the Stephen Colbert show.  So I watched my team lose and then watched Stephen Colbert. I only watch him and Kimmel. The whole thing pisses me off.  God, how I hate trump. I have never had hatred for anyone before. It's ugly, but so is he, damn it.

I am feeling better this morning. Stomach pain is so mild it's hardly something to talk about. My swelling is slowly going down. You can now see my knuckles when I make a fist. The other unpleasant things that happen have also slowed down, and I am so thankful for that. I think I'll be back to normal in a few days.

I vent here. I whine here. So, because I whined about being so sick, your comments made me feel all your kindness towards me and also a bit like I was being dramatic. Oh, if you go through all this, you wouldn't think so, but it's how it makes me feel. I may have a problem with accepting compliments and good wishes. Never had that until my Rick's. It's still odd to me. Anyway...Not looking for sympathy, just needed to vent and bitch, better known as blogging.  Sometimes, after I vent here, I need a cigarette, and I have never smoked. :-)

While I was in and out of the bathroom and/or napping for 30 minutes here or there, Rick was sending me memes. Oh no, he's right here in the living room and he's sending me memes. I don't want to be that couple!

I'm going to share with you what the ass my husband sent me.
These are from my sick husband to me as I lie on the sofa dying:
WARNING: These could be offensive to some.


                                       Silly man thinks HE picked ME. 🤣



Is he being sarcastic?  Hmm.....





15 comments:

Julie H said...

LOL naughty Rick! I get dog and cat videos most of the time

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Seriously! One thing the stroke didn't change.

Kathy G said...

I've been known to forward a good meme, but they're usually about cats.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mine are dogs!!🦮

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahaha, the serial killer one!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes, he said that was me. He was correct. I guess that's why I love dateline 24/7🫠

Julie H said...

Was just checking to see if you posted again and read the beginning about the clock. Scott will set the clocks all funky like that and I have to go around and make them all exact haha.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well, its only in the bedroom on my nightstand.ricks is on time. He calls my side of the room "my time zone"

Mike said...

It's now two days later. Are you better now?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's been 10 days and I am almost back to 'normal'. No comments Michael😝

Barbara said...

OMG. Smelling the Hard On. I've got to go send that to a million people.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, just glad it didn't offend you!!😇

Julie H said...

Too funny!

Abby said...

Hope you're "all" better by now.
My alarm clock is 5 minutes fast. The silly games we play.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm almost there, thank you!!