Monday, May 11, 2026

Random Items.

 

Do you have a QR code app?  If so, please open this. My goodness, it's hysterical. 

Well, I shamed the Big Guy, and I'm okay with it.  I posted that garbage can photo on my Instagram. Oh my goodness. Guess what?  He put the roll in the can. 

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I get an eye injection on Wednesday.  My life is so filled with fun and adventurous things to do, isn't it?  I think about how my life was so full. Well, it is now too, with doctor appointments. :-(
_______
I was looking for a post. I swore I wrote about it. DB's comment made me think of it. I found a ton of stuff I forgot, but not what I was looking for.
So I am going to repeat it. Then again, my memory has become a sieve, so maybe I'm not repeating it. Oh dear. 

We were returning home from visiting my family in Erie PA.
On the way home, we stopped at a rest stop. I got gas while Rick went inside to use the restroom. I was waiting for him in the car.

He got in the car and said, "Oh, Margaret, I am so sorry."
For what?
He proceeds to tell me the "bro" code for the restroom. I chuckle.
He says this guy's member was so large he could see it peripherally.
When he zipped up he took a quick look.

He told me the girth was the size of a Coke can. Ouch. 
Don't be sorry babe. I don't think that's a good thing.
Really?

I feel even worse, he says, that I got a glance. You just do not do that at the urinals!
Is it like those things on a horse during a race, so they can't see to the left or right?  Yes!  It is written in stone. I get it...sort of.

I am still not sure what bothered him more. That he snuck a glance or the fact that he felt so inferior. 

Either way, it made me chuckle. I don't understand men sometimes, just like he doesn't understand me at times, I suppose.
______
This morning, there was a commercial for OCD with Howie Mandel.  Rick suggested I look into that. I laughed. I said, "I'm not Howie Mandel.  I'm just a little OCD."
Which, of course, drew loud laughter from him. He rattles off a couple of things I've done. Normal, all normal I tell him while laughing. Doesn't everyone go to a stranger's house and want to straighten the pictures on the wall?  I don't do it, but it makes me itchy.  I do it only to relatives. LOL

He then shared that it is just one of my many quirks, and he likes quirky.
Whew, good things 'cause I know I am. Personally, I think he likes these things because it gives him more things to tease me about. And boy, how he loves to tease me 24/7.

As a little girl, my mom used to tell me when I'd be upset that the boys were teasing me that it meant they liked me. I didn't believe her. But I think it keeps this guy around. 😂
______
Rick used to scare me with some things he'd do.. He would visit me in Cleveland and leave post it notes all over my apartment. I, of course didn't see them right away. He was clever.

The first one was after he left. I went to the grocery store and came home and put a couple of bags on my table. I noticed the napkins in their holder had the pattern going in a different direction than how I put them there.
I freaked out. Someone has been in my house. I was scared. I slowly looked around. No one was there right now. I called the office to ask if anyone had come into my home. They insisted they had not.

My napkin holder was square, and you would lay your napkins in it.  The pattern on the napkins was going a different way than I had placed them in there. I was a bit frightened. I would never lay them this way so who did this and when?  Rick claims no one, but me and Howie Mandel, would have noticed this. I don't believe him.

I noticed that a bunch of the napkins were not only going in a different direction, but they weren't all aligned. As I type this, I realizee how sick I sound. 
Anyhoo,  I picked them up, and there it was. A big ole post-it note that said, "messy messy girl" and I knew it was Rick.

Once, when lying on my sofa, I looked up at the ceiling fan. I had a cathedral ceiling, so I could not reach it. I saw something flapping as it turned. I stopped the fan and then couldn't see it. I borrowed a ladder from my cute neighbor. I then saw that it was another post-it note, or as he said, "fan mail from some flounder"  (bullwinkle reference) 

He left one in my flour canister. That one was dirty, so I won't repeat.
My cousin was visiting with another cousin. We were waiting for her. She was in the bathroom when we heard her laughing. I said, "Dare we ask what the hell she is doing in there?"

She came out of the bathroom holding a Post-it note that popped up when she took a Kleenex out of the box. It said, "Achoo, achoo, I love you.
How long had that been in there since I've been using tissues all the time?

I've learned to live with his teasing. I figure if he ever stops, that is when I'm in trouble. 
_______
Rick saw a photo of the two of us at the baby shower we just went to. It's the first time he really saw himself.  He was so upset by this photo. He kept saying I look like I'm mentally challenged.  I began to say something and he said, "Please don't be funny. Do I really look like this now?"

God, it broke my heart. Yes, he does. He kept saying I look like I'm the R-word.
I told him he was still cute.  This really has bothered him for days. Funny to me that he just noticed this. But it's like weight, I suppose. When you see yourself in a photo and go, geez I have gained a few lbs.  

He keeps looking at this picture. I know just from that, that this is really bothering him. Then yesterday he said while staring at this picture, "My haircut looks good though."  That made me smile. I said, "Did you tip your barber?"  Oh yeah, she got a tip.  There he is. My Pig.
_________
I gave him a haircut recently.  But he struggles to shave well. For his birthday, I got him an old-fashioned shave at this cool place in Raleigh. It's a gentleman's barber. No women. It's dark with wood and manly. They serve cocktails. He will get a full hot towel straight-edge shave. I know he will enjoy this. 

When I was a barber, I loved doing these, but it took me a while to get there. Not as fast as the boys, that was for sure.
My dad would come in just for shaves. 
I no longer have a straight edge, and honest to God, I would not try this after not doing it for almost 50 years. 

In barber school, I was the only girl. We practiced on one another. They shaved my legs. My instructor asked if that would be okay.  I said sure!
I grew out my hair to help them. Thank goodness it was winter.

I knicked a guy, and he bled. He said he'd get me back and not to worry. 
He laughed, but I wasn't sure he was joking. I worried when it was time for him to shave my leg. I'd roll up my pant leg to my knee and let them go to town. Not good on the ankles or knee, but no one ever caused me to bleed.

Sadly, I knicked a couple of guys, and they never wanted me to shave them. Thankfully, I got good at this because my father would let me practice on him as well as my balloons. Yes, we shaved balloons. Shaving cream and then shave the balloon. Yes, it did take me a while not to break the balloon. I was determined to get really good at this, so I practiced all the damn time at home. 
And I did get good at it, just didn't catch on to this as fast as the boys.
But I could do haircuts far better than any of them.

The customers who came to the school for services didn't pay much. I believe it was $1.50 for a haircut.  This was the mid-70s. Funny huh?  But they let me shave and cut my father's hair for free. And my dad took advantage of it. He loved the hot towels and the facial part of the shave.

These young men were great to me. When a customer made a very rude sexual gesture at me, one of them jumped in. Sprayed him with the water (he was in the shampoo bowl) and then asked him to leave. The instructor came in and only saw Jerry spraying this customer. He asked what the hell was going on, and I told him. He grabbed the guy and walked him out while holding his arm. The guy was yelling, "But my hair's wet." and he was still wearing his cape.
My instructor told him, "You're lucky that's all we did to you. Don't ever come back here."  
I was everyone's little sister, and they loved me unless it was my turn to shave them! Honestly,  I couldn't blame them.








If not in the US, you may not know that the nutjob Robert Kennedy Jr. wants to eliminate most antidepressants.  Oh, watch us come after him. Change peri to post menopausal and this is me.




13 comments:

Kathy G said...

I don't have an Instagram account so I will just take you on your word that the QR code leads to a funny. A couple of years ago I treated Hubby to a salon shave for his birthday. He couldn't stop talking about it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh good to hear. I'm hoping he likes it as well.

DB Stewart said...

I have been laughing for ten minutes, lololololloollollolloolloollllol... another reason not to take a glance, haha.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh dear. Do not cut his hair until you have a license Julie. Lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🤣🤣

Blondi Blathers said...

Huge shwangdankers are overrated -- even by women. Half the population (both sexes) doesn't have the simplest idea how to use them (any size, that is) to best advantage. I only twigged in, myself, while reading a book by Charles Mingus, who definitely knew the simple secret. Once you know, you can't unknow.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I am lost. Charles Mingus as in the musician? Hmm...I might want to check that out! Ghost story coming

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love your story about being a barber! I laughed so hard at this line -- "The guy was yelling, "But my hair's wet." and he was still wearing his cape."

Blondi Blathers said...

Peg, the book's called Beneath the Underdog and there's part of it wherein he schools a couple younger guys about how to drive a woman wild in bed. Perhaps this comes naturally to some men, but ... I don't think so. Most seem to assume that More is Better, while actually Less is More!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I think its all funny. At the time I was 19 and shaken up. But i was able to joke with the boys about it in time. 😅

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

AGREE!! I'm going to check out this book. THX

Blondi Blathers said...

A lot of women don't realize this simple thing either, so why we expect men to be expert lovers ... who knows? And even when we know it, do we tell the poor fellas who don't? We oughtta. It's pretty easy to practise. -Kate

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

They aren't mind readers so we have to tell them!!