Spent most of the day yesterday having blood drawn and talking to a very fast-talking neurologist.
More tests in the future. All this to find why I fall and my hands and feet cramp and lock in a deformed way that is painful.
Just all the fun things that I've been dealing with since I became old as dirt.
I was doing the dishes, and I swear I think of the oddest things while standing at the sink or in the shower. You too?
Whatever happened to the red thread that went through the band-aid so it was easy to open? Do any of you remember that?
I cut myself, and I thought I would just bleed out before I got the damn Band-Aid out of its wrapper!
I put on a pair of shorts the other day. Oh my goodness, am I Casper-like.
Pale and pasty white legs. My niece, who is a beautiful caramel color, is what I wish to achieve with a tan. She laughs at me. But I am the most pasty white woman whose family is from southern and northern Italy. My dad was fair. My mom had olive skin. Lucky me, both my father and I had pasty white legs and skin.
I walked out in my shorts, and my husband complimented my legs but then said, "You could blind people with those gams, babe." I went in and put on jeans.
I wore a skort to the doctors and just decided to let them be blinded by the white legs. It is jarring, but it's also hot. (80s) Tonight, self-tanner and see if I too can be a realistic orange like our fearless leader.
We've all heard this one before. I wish my Dad was alive because I'd send it to him. I heard this all my life. In the snow uphill, both ways, newspapers in holey shoes. Oh yes, we all heard this from Dad. So this is why huh Dad?
16 comments:
Nope. Don't even joke about going THAT orange. Remain human.
Great LOLs! especially "I'm in Italy now," the Titanic ballroom, and cocaine in Coca-Cola! And oh yes, I have pasty white legs too. I always say they're the same colour as raw chicken drumsticks from Safeway.
My skin has NEVER tanned, so I've embraced the pasty look.
Oh dear that's a picture!! (Drumsticks)True though. 🤣🤣
I've had to because I don't burn or tan. We'd go out on the boat for hours. I'd reapply sunscreen to Rick. I wore none. I went out pale and after 6 hrs in the sun, came back pale. Weirdest thing.
If I must!!ðŸ«
I'm luck, I tan naturally; my Portuguese heritage, I guess.
Yes, you are lucky!!
I love all your memes!
You're in the South where people value fair skin or a least they did back in the days of Scarlett O'Hara.
Oh Jean, that's good.
Yes. I've tried the walk-it-off technique too. Didn't make it to Italy but Arizona (from Texas) was pretty interesting.
🤣🤣 for real?
I, too, have wondered what happened to the red thread in band-aid wraps. Was it some sort of Mandela effect??
Your recent pics of the baby shower show your lovely olive skinned genes. Skipped you? My husband wore shorts last weekend. I asked where he got the long white socks...
Oh my!! So there are other pale folks like me. Last year I wore white shorts. Oh my, did everyone have a field day with that!!
I just did the dna thing and I'm mostly British (wha?) and irish so that is why I sunburn so well.
I remember the red thread.
Post a Comment