I can type a bit. This will teach me to stop holding my phone.
In the evening, when Rick is watching some testosterone movie or show, I will play a couple of games I have on my phone. Both are used to help with memory, so they state. I think they are just addictive. They are free, and when an ad comes up, that is when it's time to pee. That's what the ads are for, right?
Rick has been watching a lot of those lousy movies, and I have been playing a lot.
I have a condition called Phone Hand. My thumb is really painful, so I must not hold my phone in that position anymore. However, it has also helped me quit playing games on my phone...for now.
______
We watched the Billy Joel documentary Part 1 on Friday night. Did you see it?
This Friday is part 2. I love Billy Joel, and I enjoyed the documentary so far.
I had all his albums (yes, I'm old, I said albums). His music was a soundtrack to my life. I saw him in concert once, and it was a long time ago (1983)
I think they are parading all of his wives out for this. His first wife got him where he is if you ask me, and you didn't. She is a damn fine-looking woman of 83. Classy woman. (Billy is 76) I wouldn't use that term for his next wife.
Should be interesting.
________
I'm wearing my hearing aids a bit more. Each day is longer but it's not better.
I hear my feet walking across the floor. I have it at the lowest. I contacted them. They told me that all I'm experiencing is normal. My brain has to learn this connection.
I think I may take a refresher course in American Sign Language. Rick and I still will use it from time to time. Just remember, just because someone may sign me something, it does not mean they can't hear.
If I have learned anything since taking ASL is that if you see someone or a couple or a group of people gathering, all speaking in ASL, don't talk about them. Someone could hear you. Remember that story about my shoes?
________________
Rick has always had an issue with being on time. But since the stroke, it's worse.
His appointment on Thursday at the doctor was at 2:20p. He left at 1:20p p.m. after pacing for an hour. He can't be still if he has to be somewhere. It's a 15-minute drive, so he'll be early, and he will flirt with the women at the desk as he loves to do.
I have now begun lying to him. Telling him we have to be somewhere at 3pm when it's actually 2pm. He's ready anyway, and I don't have to watch him pace and be antsy, as well as make me antsy from his pacing. Not nice, but I'm going to give it the ole college try.
______________________
I hate my hearing aids.
_______________________
We have an area by the back fence that needs clearing. Saws, things that I can't use.
I also don't like standing in there for fear of snakes that are everywhere here.
Rick is not using his saw and other big tools like that either. So I called a company.
Oh my goodness, it was a $700 quote. A patch of 5 x 5 with a few things between the two fences. Nope. I will take a chance on losing a limb first.
My neighbor suggested I call Rent a Teen. Levi is coming to give me an estimate on Friday morning. He did great work for her and was reasonable. She told me he had to have overpriced this because he didn't wish to do it. Perhaps.
Monday morning, I am having my home powerwashed. I did most of it.
But I can't do the one side of the house that is very high and above the garage.
I can't hold those things and be on a ladder. I am clumsy first of all, and then add my other issues of health, and I think it's best if we both stay off the ladder with the power washer.
The woman who owns this company also does the work. It's $99. She insists the whole house, and Rick said to let her. But what about what I did? He said, "Let her do it again." She is not going to go under $99. But when she gets here, I think I will ask about just the one side and see what she says. If it's $99 either way, go for it.
I think that is so fair. I found her on the NextDoor App and everyone raved about her. We shall see.
I will do the driveway and sidewalks because I love power washing. It's the ultimate for someone who is a bit anal retentive, as Rick likes to say.
It truly makes me happy.
I'm sure there is a 12-step program for me, and I'm game. Will they show me crime documentaries while there? Oh wait, that's another addiction. Oops.
________________
The other day we both saw this meme and a commentor said to watch this guy talk about male brains vs female brains. So Rick was making dinner and it was my turn to do nothing. So I got the YouTube app on the tv and began looking for this.
OMG, it was funny to us. It starts out a bit slow, but my goodness, he is spot on.
Rick yelled into the living room, "What are you watching? It sounds good?"
So I paused it. We ate dinner and then we watched it. It was a marriage retreat or some such thing. Sounds dreadful, I know. But it was so funny.
It was like a stand-up talking about men and women and our differences.
At one point, when he talked about men doing a certain thing, I looked at Rick and said, "So it's your whole damn species then?" This made sense to him now, too.
Oh my goodness, it was interesting.
It's a long show, like a stand-up comedian special. It may not be for all, but Rick and I found it funny. But then you all know we are twisted and weird.
____________
18 comments:
Testosterone movie? You mean a dick flick?
Regarding the last meme... I'm surprised she hasn't been taken out already. She probably has files that will be released upon her death. She zipped around the globe for a couple months before they finally caught her.
I will watch the marriage seminar, at least some of it, but it looks like it might be religion-based, so not sure if I'll make it through. I used to laugh more with the man, but he's having some cognitive stuff going on and our relationship is... not the same these days.
We haven't watched the same shows in ages, he has his TV, I have mine.
Sorry about the hearing transition; my wife experienced this too but things improved. I know some ASL but I'd love to become fluent.
I've been itching to power-wash my daughter's house, but I'm trying not to meddle, ha.
How old was I? I was today years old when I learned those were measurement indicators!
I have more trouble with this second pair of hearing aides than I did with the first pair. I have a button I can set called "comfort" and it reduces a good bit, but not all of that background noise, like hearing your feet or breath. Now that I've accepted I'll have to put up with that background noise, I realize how little I hear of what people are saying. Now I have to say I don't have my ears on if someone tries to talk to me when I am out with the dog. Annoying but now that I am around people more, it is nice to hear what they are saying. Plus mine are blue-ray and I can hear my cell phone conversations through my hearing aides without holding the phone to my ear.
NOT RELIGIOUS BASED AT ALL. I dislike religion and so does Rick so if it were we'd never have gotten through 3 minutes. I am so sorry you are having to have these cognitive issues in your life. ((Hugs))
Debra, oh that made me laugh! No, they call them action fiims, I don't.😇 Its 30 minutes of bullets, explosions and absolutely nothing more than grunts for dialog.
What is the day of Maxwells suicide? Saturday?
I ward off any excessive game playing issues by moving between my desktop, laptop, phone, and tablet :-)
I've totally messed up my pointer finger from using the mouse all the time. :( I should see if I can get workers comp lol
Julie, workers comp! Lol. Damn im retired, can't claim that !!
Kathy, hmm, I may need to get a tablet.
I was today years old too! I actually watch power washing videos on YouTube. Tell your daughter you need to make a video.😄
I don't have that big an issue with conversations, its more TV, hearing the timer going off etc
🤣🤣 I wish it were trump being killed, Oops 'committing suicide'
Me, too! I have known for some time, however, that the little colored lines on DQ cups are measurements. I like: slushy stuff up to the yellow line, a shot of coffee flavor, a shot of hot fudge flavor, fill with vanilla soft serve, blend lightly. They charge as if it were a frozen hot chocolate treat. It is really more like mocha moolatte, but moolatte is more expensive where I go so they give me a break (and a senior discount, to boot).
Cop Car, for some reason I can't reply to your message. But omg that sounds really good, you had me at ice cream and chocolate!!
Phone hand? Sheesh, if it's not one thing, it's another.
I would love to have a power washer. Really, I'd be the neighborhood weirdo with one of those.
I am the neighborhood weirdo. 😁 I'd do my neighbors place too if they'd let me. I got an Amazon card and used it for an accessory for the washer. Rick laughed at me. I don't need jewelry I have a powerwasher😁
Post a Comment