Tuesday, July 15, 2025

Rain Rain Go Away

It's been stormy here. Most of the East and Midwest are dealing with flooding, various storms, and general misery. It rains every afternoon around 5p for hours. Not like in Florida, where it rains in the afternoon for a quick sprinkle.  

When I was a kid, after a summer rain, it smelled so good to me.  
The weather was a little cooler, and the humidity seemed to go down.
As an adult living in the south, I don't find any of that statement to be true today.

It was only 100 the other day, and it stormed. Power outages, several inches of more rain, and wind.  But when it stopped, we went outside, and it was hotter and more humid.  The temp that night went to 89 as our low.  So much for hoping for cooler weather. I don't know that there is a place that is cool right now. 

We are thankful we are not in a flood zone, but then again, some areas like Chapel Hill are considered a minimum risk, and they were underwater, and several businesses and plazas are completely shut down and/or lost.  

I hope wherever you are, you are high and dry and you have blue skies and sunshine. (and cool temps like 75)

Due to all this rain, we've been indoors a lot more. 
We made popcorn one afternoon and watched a movie.
Oh boy, did I make a bad choice. Yep, it was Peg's choice, and I messed up.

It was called The Watcher.  It was on Netflix.  Have you seen it?
I saw all the great actors in this and thought, let's give it a try.
I should have assumed it would be creepy, but apparently I am a ditz.
Rick said, "The name didn't give you a clue?"

As it got more and more creepy, I couldn't sit and watch this. I had to move around. I folded clothes, did laundry, etc, all the while listening to this.  
I played a game on my phone while Rick was so entrenched in this show. I'd watch but with one eye kind of thing.

I watched it all the way through with him. Well, sort of.  He loved it. I knew it was based on a true story, so I shared that with him. His response was, "OMG I'd have moved out of that house the first day all that shit happened."

I reminded him of when people told us that same thing when we lived in a haunted house.
Well, that's different, he explained.  Those were annoyances from dead people. These are people who are alive and want to hurt us.
I actually saw his point, which made me laugh a bit. Yes, I'd have moved out probably before the letter arrived. LOL


Have you seen this?  Still, it was less frightening than the news, that is for sure.

16 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't like horror movies so no, I haven't seen this and have no intention of seeing it.

Kathy G said...

We gave up Netflix a couple of years ago. Occasionally there's something that sounds interesting (NOT this one!), but for the most part I rarely miss it.

Mike said...

We don't watch Netflix enough anymore to justify their price increases. I haven't pulled the plug on it yet, but I'm close. Trying to get our moneys worth we've been watching Justin Willman. He's an in your face magician. He does stuff right in front of you to make you go WHAT?! Search Justin Willman. Watch the three seasons first, then the Magic Prank Show, and then Magic Lover. It's a good bunch of shows to watch when you can't decide on anything.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike i don't normally like magic but I did watch Magic Lover. I liked it. We will try the Magic Prank show.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I get that Debra

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, thats good. I share a lot of subscription tv with others so I d I nt pay for them all except Netflix. I'd miss it

DB Stewart said...

I don't know anyone experiencing normal weather this year. Sigh.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I like thrillers but knowing that show is based on a real story I'm not sure I'd like that anymore than you did.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

climate change is real.!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

that's interesting to me Jean that you feel that way because it's real. I had to google the story I just couldn't believe people went through this. I went back and forth on who did this but you never find out just like the owners never did. It was very well done but honestly Mia Farrow was creepy!

Barbara said...

I haven't seen it. I have to much respect for Ghosts. If they want the house, I'll be glad to go away.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, these were not ghosts though. This was either a living breathing male or female doing the writing of the letters. Ghosts i can handle. Its the live ones that scare me

Ami said...

I watched Unorthodox on Netflix this week. YouTube has been giving me a course in comparative religion and one of the channels I watch reviewed the story. It was really interesting to me. Being a raving atheist now, even more so. So many things are similar across religions.

Hope your rain lets up and you get a chance to dry without mold in your armpits. Ha.

Julie H said...

We live right next to the river but so far it's still almost dry. Usually we worry in Jan/Feb every 7 years or so. I will not be watching that movie lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, after my 3rd back surgery I would walk to a library for my walking that I was to do. I read a book on all the religions. it was fascinating. Especially the Catholics to me. It was always what I thought. They believed in the stars and people like Nostradamus but "the church" felt they were losing control so they made a "sin" I wish I remembered the name of the book because I would love to read again. I recall a part about how Lutheran broke off from catholism. To me it's all a cult but that's just me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, let me know what you think of the movie. A ton of great actors who you will recognize. We are flooding and you're dry. It's crazy. 107 feels like tomorrow and rain in the afternoon just like today. Rained this afternoon and will rain again tonight. I need to move. LOL Then again maybe my water skiing will come in handy