Sunday, July 6, 2025

Selfies

 First picture of us together. Not a selfie. 
 No such thing back in the olden days.
1987. We were 30 and 31. (I was almost 31)
I guess if I hadn't been on his lap in this pic, we'd never see my ugly mug. (which is actually just fine)

The last few pictures of us together are below. 
In Ricks' defense, he looks awful in all of these photos, but at least you can see him.  I have so many of these "head" shots that my cousin took them all off Instagram and made a collage and sent it to us framed for Xmas.  
It made us laugh so hard.  



This one below was so long ago I had brown hair. LOL 
Actually, it was right before covid 2020. He was kneeling in this one so I got my ugly mug in this shot.

Honestly, I have only taken one selfie of myself to send to my sister about my gray in the front of my hair.  She said she couldn't picture me with gray hair, and please, whatever you do, do not go full on gray.  Oops!

Other events this week - 

I climbed onto the countertop this past week from my step stool to reach something. As I turned around to get down, my shirt caught on the door handle. I had a hole in this shirt, and of course, it went right through the hole!

I began to laugh.  I twisted and turned and couldn't remove it from the handle. I just couldn't.  I had to get down before Rick came in or he'd have a helluva time making fun of me, and I didn't need that.

So what did I do?  I took off my shirt. I literally wiggled out of it somehow. Damn if he doesn't walk in right then as I am on the 2nd step of the stool with my shirt off.   He says, "Hey, it's not even naked Tuesday!"
(We have never had naked Tuesdays yet he continues to hope)

I told him I was really warm and had to take it off. He bought it. Whew.
But not without copping a feel. Honestly this man loves boobs. 
Thankfully, he doesn't come to my blog, so he will never know I was stuck.
The last time I did this was in the early 90s and he took a picture of me before he even helped me down, the ass.

I get made fun of and teased all day long. It's Rick's favorite sport.
I do not need to add to his list of things to tease me about. 

So been stuck on the countertops lately?
Taken any selfies?  

32 comments:

Cop Car said...

I would make a safe bet that millions of us women would love to trade faces with the woman who claims to have an ugly mug. Me? Not only would I trade you faces, but ages - lol. Thanks for the photos and for the laughs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Rick recently reminded me that while I HATE having my picture taken that means he has so few when I die. He planning something? If you change ages I want to be 41 again.😃

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hilarious! Moral of the story -- always make Rick kneel down when taking selfies, LOL! And I think women with full grey/white hair look STUNNING. Even salt-n-pepper is sexy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yeah! I love not spending $$$ on hair color services. Debra it was the best thing about covid! It made me just do it because I had no choice.

Cruisin Paul said...

Peg, you are beautiful and Rick is a lucky guy. I guess as we get older, we do get better looking. LOL That's what my friend said to me as we both are nearing 76. I have a goatee also.

Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

We call Scott's arms the selfie stick. He's gotten pretty good at it. We have the foot difference in height too, it's all about the angle lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He shaved his goatee for summer. I like it better so im looking forward to fall because he will grow it back! You two handsome devils

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Now Scott needs to share his angle with my dumb guy

Kathy G said...

At selfie time you should find something to stand on to bring your heights into parity :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, what fun would that be? All of these were outside I'd have to being a step stool with me.😃

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, Oops one was in my friends pantry for some reason. Must be something in there to stand even when he says "I got us both"

bluzdude said...

My ex-wife once got stuck behind our dryer. She was reaching for something that fell and her center of gravity shifted, leaving her upside-down with one arm forward and one are behind her. So she was good and stuck.

I wasn't home at the time but if I was, there was a 100% chance I'd have gotten out my new video camera and taken some film for America's Funniest Home Videos.

But since I wasn't, she had her 10-year-old son call 911. It's just damned luck that she had clothes on when the firemen came tromping in to pull her out. I'm sure they were talking about her down at the firehouse for years.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh thats my fear. 1. Being on AFV
2. Someone comes to the house to help me and i dont have a lot of clothes on. Since retirement i am not always dressed. Well, dressed in very little i should say. I got stuck in the washer but thankfully Rick was home. I yelled at him to NOT get his camera!! He actually listened...this time.

Anonymous said...

I love this story! Hilarious. I always admit to friends that since I have high hedges all around my house, I feel comfortable wearing not much all summer. I cannot imagine how embarrassing it would be if I had a medical emergency!
Nina

Abby said...

Getting stuck on a kitchen cabinet = new fear unlocked.
Love the pics! You are both too cute, and your top-of-head shots - HA!

Ami said...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING CLIMBING ON THE COUNTER?????

Also, I'm sorry, but I spit water at this typo: "The last time I did this was in the early 90s and he took a picture of me before he helped me down the ass."

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Nina, since retirement and not having a dog to walk all the time I go without a bra most days. I HATE bras. So yes, in a medical emergency I'd be freaking out!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby - sorry. Just don't wear an old paint shirt with a hole in it and you'll be fine. I hope. :-)
Literally "head shots"

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, reaching for things what else? I put a comma in there. I see where that was a big error.
before he helped me down, the ass. Hopefully that is better.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I don't take selfies either but I have gotten my pants caught on my my medical bracelet and I couldn't stand up---I had gone to the bathroom and was pulling up my pants. I ended up cutting my way out of it.

Rachael said...

What a hilarious story! I am a shorty and have been known to climb on countertops but luckily never gotten caught on anything while up there.
You are a cutie! I love the top of head shots which shows the beautiful silvery color of your hair as well as your cute haircut!
As for those of your readers with a nice tall garden hedge, with the advent of home drones privacy may no longer be guaranteed.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Jean, im sorry that happened, but thats funny.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Rachael, I never even thought about drones.Thx about the gray hair. I like the fact I don't have to pay a lot of money to color my hair. But I still miss my brown hair.

Barbara said...

Santa definitely needs to bring you one of those selfie sticks or we might begin to believe its not really you under that little bit of hair.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LOL. Yes, then I can hold it and get us both!

Paula C said...

Great story. You two make a great couple. I really enjoy hearing stories of true love which you two share.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Paula. You may not think so with tomorrow's post.🤣🤣

Mike said...

Is my comment in spam jail?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike apparently. Last comment before this was to email you re:hearing aids. I did, did you get that? I went through all comments and you aren't there

Cop Car said...

41 was a good age for me, too. I, too, hate having my photo taken. Consequently, when my husband died, I had hundreds of photos of him, but maybe 3 of us really together - other than photos from our two weddings (1958 and 1988). Get over your shyness so that you will have those photos. No one knows what's coming.

DB Stewart said...

It's my spouse who like to take couple selfies, but now I will insist that one of our heads is cut off. Insert fist bump here.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You're crazy! No fist bump. Two faces, not a face and a part in one's hair silly man😅