Ever since Rick had a stroke while driving, I've been paranoid when he drives somewhere alone. The first time his life was saved was only because someone (me) was in the car to take the wheel from the passenger side of the car and get us to safety. Over a curb, but better than the traffic hitting us that was coming right towards us.
So, we have this little ritual, which seems silly to all but me.
Rick is thankfully cool with it. He leaves for the gym, and he texts me when he arrives. He also tells me when he is leaving and heading home.
Wednesday, he texts me, "I'm here."
I respond, "Yeah! I think I have Rick disease, though. I can't stay vertical for long this morning!"
A couple of hours later, he sees my text, and he texts me the following,
" I know the feeling, my bass is dragging by O'Day"
WHAT?
My response: "Are you trying to speak like an Irishman?"
Then he sent me this meme from the car.
I couldn't disagree.🤣

16 comments:
I think the meme could apply to several different types of girl. Not that we're *all* like that... So what was Rick trying to say? Did autocorrect mess it up? Or was that what he meant?
Ami, between his big fingers and stroke he texts like this. I knew exactly what he was saying but I'm a ball buster so I had to give him grief. "I know the feeling, my ass is dragging today" autocorrect could never do the shit Rick texts me. We both find it amusing. I can't spell so he give me shit about what I may text him too. We are just like that.
If you have Iphones do the share your location. I think if you have an android you can do the life 360 or something. That way you can look and see where he is. I use it all the time to see where Scott is on his commute.
Jules i don't wish to pay $15 a month. 7 days free on life 360. But thank you.
Wow. I had not thought about the effect the stroke would have on Rick driving. No wonder you are scared. I'd be on pins and needles to but the texting on leaving and arriving should give you a little comfort but dang, scary.
Because this happened when he was driving he was hesitant to drive again. It took a year. So this works for us.
I could see how driving alone - or even with someonen - can be triggering for Rick. Don't you just love autocorrect?
I hope you are incorporating Rick's new catchphrase into your life as much as possible. I know I am going to let Mrs. Shife that my bass be dragging O'Day. I might try it in a Jamaican accent too! Ha. Thanks for the chuckle, Peg.
Oh I didn't know they charged for it! It's free with the Iphones
OMG it does sound Jamaican. I just reread it and my God I hear my Jamaican friend now.
Ever tings Irie. That's Jamaican for everything is alright. :-) You can share that with Mrs. Shife too.
Abby after the stroke several doctors said this could happen and that is all he thinks about. He can't drive long distances so when we went to the shore I drove. He gets foggy and the doctor said that too was normal so just don't drive long distances. That answer made us both laugh. Like the old saying does it hurt there when you touch it? Don't touch it. Between autocorrect and his big fingers his texts are always a hoot.
Ah it figures right? I may look for another app that does the same thing that is free.
My daughter dated a guy for a while that had narcolepsy. He crashed two cars driving by himself while she was dating him. He was a nice guy but I'm glad it didn't last.
Geez, he shouldn't have been allowed to drive
My wife's mostly Irish, but yesterday she was giving number 5, ha.
🤣🤣🤣
Post a Comment