Friday, July 18, 2025

Friday

Today is a heat advisory here.
This morning on TV, we heard them tell us nonstop not to go outside if we didn't have to.  They kept talking about that dog gone 'feels like' temperature of 102-110, depending on what suburb.  Guess where I'm at?  

Again later, they interrupt morning TV to yell - Stay inside today if you can.
Rick and I said, "No problem." 
It's too hot for him to work in the garage, so he is underfoot. I think we went outside more when we lived in Erie, PA, with 100 inches of snow!  Ah, that sounds good right now.

Last evening as we were watching television I noticed that Rick had on his wedding band.  When he works in the garage he takes it off. So I may not see it on him for a few days. I shared that I noticed and his new ring looks good.

Rick and his ring went to the dermatologist yesterday.  His doctor is a knockout. She is a tall, thin blonde. Her skin is like porcelain. But then, a skin doctor shouldn't have a face of acne and warts now, should she? 

When he told me she was gorgeous, I did believe him. But then, when he had the melanoma surgery, I went with him. I saw for myself that he underplayed how gorgeous she was.

I digress - He made a remark last night about her and his wearing of his ring, which included how the whole body skin exam went.  
It was funny as hell. I burst out laughing, and when I caught my breath, I said, "I've got to write this down. This is blog fodder." 
My phone was dead, and I was being lazy.  
He said, "Oh, you'll remember or I will, don't worry."

Famous last words. Oh, I'll remember.
Neither of us can remember what he said when I asked him this morning.
He said, "We laughed about this. How the hell could we forget?"
"Old Age," I tell him.

So you see, I had a very funny story to tell you, but it's gone now.
Instead, I'll do some Friday memes













This poor man!

Please note my restraint of not one  meme of the Evil Mango Mussolini.


8 comments:

Abby said...

Well at least it's a funny story about forgetting a funny story!

DB Stewart said...

Hmm, intrigued, ha.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good lineup of memes! Isn't it terrible how things just disappear from our memories?

Kathy G said...

I enjoyed all the memes, but the last one made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

Did you notice not only his pants but his shoes

Julie H said...

I always forget what I was going to say. So annoying! And names! Names are the worst.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I forget often, and the answer doesn't come to me for a few hours (or once the next day). It sort of scares me. My Mom had dementia ~ am I heading that way too??? Yikes. Today I couldn't remember an ingredient I use in Greek Orange Cake. It was pyllo dough. Good grief.
Yes, I did use those fabric hand dryers back in the day ~ and eww, some were really grossly dirty. I have already learned that I can't do anything on the floor anymore, except maybe nap if I happen to fall down and decide it's too much trouble to get up again. Oh, how in the world could that guy put his pants on backward???

Mike said...

I used a lot of those back in the day.