Rick has an appointment on Monday morning with his primary care doctor.
This is the location where his stroke occurred, leaving this doctor's office.
He wants to drive himself. I am letting go. But I have to tell you this makes me nervous as hell. We found a different way to get there to avoid the actual corner where it happened. We enter and leave in the opposite direction.
It may be a bit longer but so be it.
I asked him if he was sure. He said he had to do this.
No, you don't, was my thought. But I didn't say that. I know he wants to.
So Monday morning as he goes off to the doctor I will be a wreck.
We all know the PTSD that happened a few months ago so I will wait by my phone. After the doctor, he will go to the gym just a few miles down the road. He said he would text me when he got there to put my mind at ease.
No, allowing me to go will help ease my anxiety, but again, I kept that to myself. I have to learn how to deal with this just as he has to.
But it sucks!!
9 comments:
Sending good wishes to you both.
I hope all goes smoothly for both of you. Waiting by the phone is hard too.
My stroke happened as I left the kitchen into the living room. No anxiety for me. I live in the kitchen and living room.
I would be anxious, too. Hoping everything goes well. Sending you a hug!!
Good luck to both of you.
Sounds like it's a "we have to concur the fear" moment. He will be ok!
It will happen some day so it really doesn't matter. My stroke took place when I was taking a shower so I really can't change the situation. I take a shower every day. Yes, there are times when I can remember but it's been 47 years since my stroke. Life has to go on Peg. I know it's scary but you'll both make it.
Cruisin Paul
Mike, are you pulling my leg or did you have a stroke?
I called it the wrong thing. It was a heart attack that I didn't know I was having. Claudia called 911.
Post a Comment