I hope you all enjoyed your eclipse events this past week.
I spoke to some folks up in Erie PA, my hometown. I heard how they were told to stay off the streets etc. They were expecting so many people to arrive in the city for the eclipse. More than their population. I don't know if that came to fruition but listening to my mom made me chuckle.
My mother was in a tizzy about all the 'rich' folks flying private planes into Erie which has a very small airport. Apparently, this was a big issue on the news and in the paper if my mother knew about it. Where to put the planes. LOL
It was an economic boom for the town, one which needed that.
The best-kept secret of Erie is Presque Isle and 23,000 people visited it.
That alone will bring people back. It's a beautiful setting of beaches and trails etc. My favorite place to go when I go home.
Nothing happened around these parts. It was overcast and I think North Carolina was just too far. But from what I hear everyone enjoyed it.
Seeing Lester Holt on TV cry along with a few other news people around the county was interesting to me. Yes, I did watch it on TV. I came inside to sit a spell which I have to do after standing or walking for a bit. I was power washing the deck. I thought I'll come in to watch Kelly Clarkson and this was on everywhere. I had forgotten.
I will receive my 3rd and final spinal injection Tuesday.
I have had two at L4/5. They helped almost 50% I guess.
This next one on Tuesday will be at L1. The surgeon does not believe I need surgery...yet. I hope this works. I am exhausted from the pain. I do a little bit and then must sit down to alleviate the pain. Spinal Stenosis is a bitch. Weird that sitting is the only thing that gives me relief, but for the love of God how much can I sit?
I am done with prednisone as of Friday so hopefully, the swelling and the weight can begin to go down.
Before Prednisone -Please disregard my unpedicured feet.
This is 3 days apart.
My whole body is like this when I take that damn drug.
Nothing fits and it feels just damn awful.
It will take about a week or two to go away.
Sadly not all of the weight will just go away according to doctors.
If it comes on without me eating then why not just go away when it's out of my system? Doc says to me, "that would be nice, you'll have to work at it"
I gained 28lbs with the prednisone and chemo with my immunotherapy for my eye. I lost 32. Now here we go again damn it!!
I sat in a booth Tuesday night for dinner with my cousin and Rick.
I was not comfortable. I couldn't wait to leave. I was not drinking so I could drive and boy a drink may have helped my pain. I came home. Off with the bra, I got in Rick's ugly chair and finally, I had some relief. Whew.
It's funny to me that there are only 2 chairs where I feel better, The Ugly Chair and my desk chair. I don't know what it is about them but they give me relief.
Fingers crossed this is over soon because this swelling makes it difficult to find something to wear. Including shoes. I really hate to be seen like this as well, but nothing I can do about it.
Here are some Friday Eve memes I found funny this week.
14 comments:
The eclipse was a great diversion from politics, wars and other depressing things going on in the world. It was awesome!
Your foot looks very painful.
I've taken prednisone before, but my side effects were nothing compared to yours. That really sucks! I can't imagine putting any type of shoes on.
My dad took prednisone for a bit and he also swelled up. He got super puffy in his face. He's back to normal now but it was not fun. I hope you are back to normal soon and the shot brings you more relief. Take care.
Kathy, putting on clothes is as bad. I'm swollen everywhere. You can't even see my ankle bone or shin bone so you can imagine the rest of me. All the side effects suck! And yet I'm still in pain.
Spinal stenosis, injections, prednisone -- it all sounds very distressing! I hope things improve for you soon!
"elevate the pain"
I didn't know you were into that stuff. I may come out and visit again. 😁
And I can imagine what your head looks like. I've seen lots of people on prednisone before.
Mike, oops,I did it again. Thank you for correcting me with humor and not being snarky. Please don't start using a red pencil. 😁
And yes my face is worse than normal. My cheek bones are MIA
I sorry Peg. Didn't realize you were in such pain. Here I'm worried about me and you my friend under such a situation. I'll worry about you my friend for a change. Please get well.
Cruisin Paul
Ugh that swelling sucks :( I hope the new injection helps.
Oral steroids don't seem to affect me the same way injections do. I had an injection in my knee once (don't care to repeat that one, thanks) and my face swelled up like a blimp.
I am SO SORRY you're having to deal with this crap. It just sucks.
As for the eclipse, it was overcast here and we weren't in the path of totality anyway. Also, it gets dark every night. I've seen dark once or twice before. Ha.
Awwww, ya fixed it! 😮
I can relate to pain being exhausting. I hope this works for you and you don't need surgery.
I repeat all the well wishes that everyone has mentioned, it sounds awful. Hopefully you'll shrink back to normal very soon ~ I can't even imagine it. Take care of each other!
Mike, yes, I did. I asked Rick for the spelling. :-)
Post a Comment