In the 70s for my first marriage, I had a couple of wedding showers given to me by his family, and mine
I still use a great many of these items.
Everything from my 1st marriage is broken and/or dying.
Everything newer that I purchased is as well. Everything!
(Including me)
Never had one for this marriage.
Is it wrong to have a wedding shower after 30 years of marriage?🤣
17 comments:
Make an Amazon wish list, we'll throw you a virtual shower!
We got married in 1980. I am still using many things today that were wedding gifts. I also have utensils and things that belonged to grandparents. The rolling pin I got from my maternal grandparents is SO much nicer than what's available today.
Ami, that's the thing, everything made then lasts far longer.my parents had a 50 yr old fridge in their garage that STILL works. My last fridge lasted 18yrs. I think that says something!
We still have some things in a closet from 47 years ago that have never been used.
My goodness, Mike, why keep them? LOL
WE may use them some day. You never know.
🤣🤣🤣
I always thought they should have showers for 50th wedding anniversaries because everything gets worn out. I never had a wedding (or baby shower) and only one birthday party as an adult that I threw myself at 75. But I've sure gone to a lot of parties for others.
Like Misadventures I never had a shower of any sort (and my only birthday party was at age 3), but some of our wedding presents from 1958 are still in daily use (kitchen utensils, crockery bowls). OTOH: Who would ever expect linens and glassware to last that long? They were welcome and very useful, and much appreciated.
Speaking of things that are well made: I have two manual eggbeaters purchased in about 1983 that I'm convince will never wear out.
I definitely need some new towels!
Jean, I don't want to wait until 50 yrs. In fact I will not be alive by then. :-)
Cop Car, Funny about your beaters. I have a kitchenaid hand held beaters and they died last month. They were 8 yrs old. But yours from 1938 are still kicking. They just don't make things like they used to.
Julie, couldn't we all. That is one thing though that I do purchase regularly. I love the fluffy ones from Target (Fieldcrest) I would buy 1 maybe 2 and just keep adding each time I went to Target. At the time I had company all the time and I had 3 bathrooms. So I always needed nice towels for company. :-) Couldn't give them the thin icky ones that Rick complained about.
If you have a wedding shower now maybe you'll start a trend among your friends and eventually everyone will have new things.
Kathy,helluva good idea. I'll start a trend.sadly I'd never have the balls to do it.
Tell everyone it's a "better late than never" wedding shower. Good luck! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment today, I appreciate it!
A wedding shower after 30 years sounds fun! congrats on being married 30 years. Hubby and I just celebrated 20 years, this past weekend. Cheers, Ivy.
Peg--You may obtain my email address from my blog, if you care to, and send me the address to which I should send one of my eggbeaters. It should not be construed as a shower gift (although I think you have a helluva good idea on that & if you have one I would want "in"), but I would be happy to share.
I think most of the stuff we got at the wedding shower is long gone. I can hardly even remember what any of it was. A 30-year anniversary deserves a shower!
Debra, I just found you. I'll be back. :-)
Happy Whish, see I think it'd be fun too. I should start a trend. Happy Anniversary.
Cop, thank you for the offer. But since I just got new I'll wait until these die, you know within the year and then ask you about the beaters. :-)
Abby, see? things from 1970 and before are better made. 50 years was a good lifespan. Now everything I buy lasts 2 yrs or so, and costs 100% more.
Post a Comment