Thursday, March 28, 2024

Old People Day

I had to see my primary care doc on Wednesday for that medicare annual physical. 
My dr office is the location where Rick had his stroke. I still dislike driving there. It's a bad feeling.

I then proceeded to another dr ofc and had
another injection into my spine. Boy, those are fun.
You'd think they'd at least give you something to relax you. I feel it all. 

When it begins to feel like a truck is sitting on you I want to scream. But of course, one can't scream. It's a heaviness and pressure. I dare not move. A needle in my spine scares me so I am very still and when he pulls that needle out I let out a deep breath.

At the last injection I was apparently holding my breath during the procedure. I didn't realize it until he told me to breathe. Oh yes, minor detail I responded. He laughed. Wednesday as I was given the numbing agent he told me to remember to breathe. 

The nurse was chatty Cathy and I think she was doing it to have my focus elsewhere and to make me talk so I'd breathe. It worked. This nurse was far nicer than the grumpy first one.

They also had music on in the room this time. They asked me if it offended me. I found that an odd question.
I said,"offended? No. I mean if it were rap lyrics probably"

They chuckled and the dr said, "that would not be offered here"
The music was yacht music. One can't be offended, just boring background music. To sooth the patient, I get it. I don't think it works. A shot of tequila would do better for me
😃
They are all so lovely but I don't wish to see them again!

Then last evening doing as I was told-NOTHING for 24 hrs. So TV was my deal.

Rick and I were watching The Amazing Race. A reality show I can get behind because no meaness, backstabbing or lying. Just a good clean race.

Anyway as we were watching this I said to Rick, "This is a show I'd love to be able to do. But those heights to plummet would be tough for me.

Rick laughed and said, "Look at us. We are broken!! We can barely do what we need to do on any given day on land and not racing. Oh God Margaret you're a hoot.

Yeah, good point.
It made me laugh and be sad at the same time. 

Do they have broken people races?
🤣🤣

10 comments:

Julie H said...

That shot doesn't sound pleasant :( Elevator music/jazz makes me more anxious.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, thankfully it wasn't that. More like Christopher Cross, Toto,Steely Dan. You know, soft rock that's old. Lol I must admit BonJovi was playing in the elevator at spine clinic and grocery store. That makes me feel so old. I loved BonJovi!!

Mike said...

When I donate blood they say no heavy lifting or strenuous work for 24 hours. I always say that's not a problem.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike somehow I knew you'd say that. Rick has no problem with that either. I bet Claudia was not like you. We can't have 2 of either of us. :-)

Mr. Shife said...

Keep healing, Peg, and I hope you are feeling better. We love the Amazing Race as well but I do wish there was a team to root against. I miss having a villain team or two.

Kathy G said...

There was a DJ on the radio station I listen to that always did a couple of Yacht Rock shows a year. Very fun.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mr. Shift,looking for a villian, I understand there's always Survivor. 😄 Rick watches all this that one. Lying, manipulating and backstabbing isn't entertainment to me. So Rick laughs at me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy,a party with all mellow music eh? That's interesting.

bluzdude said...

I love Amazing Race, but only watching it. I'd no more be on that show than Naked and Afraid. Being lost in a foreign, non-English-speaking country and having to beg locals for help is a nightmare scenario for me. And then there's all the running. I'd collapse in a heap about 20 minutes into the first leg.

Abby said...

I've never watched Amazing Race, but it does sound amazing to be able to do it. Sounds like me when I watch the Olympics.
Heal up!