Monday, March 25, 2024

Are You A Genius?

I so want a new blog.
I attempted to do the thing that everyone said would work - just change this name and those you don't want coming around won't. That does not work!! 
I have tried and tried. 

Then I was told to just make a new blog.
Google just keeps telling me it's me and sends me back here even after entering and setting up a new email address. 
I do not wish to go to WordPress. I hate WordPress. So now what? I either get to a new blog or I quit blogging I guess. 

I can't say what I want all the time. When I do enter a blog post about my feelings, God forbid, I am met with snarky bitchy comments. And then there is the family shit that should not be coming here. 
So there you have it. I am not yet certain what I will do but something has to change before summer.

I had a friend (we will call M.) who loves to be snarky and I think she's sometimes mean. 
She thinks she is the smartest person in the room. 
She must always be the smartest person in the room so we let her think that. Rick thinks she's dumb and lacks common sense. But if sense were common wouldn't more people have it?

Rick will point out why he thinks this every chance he gets and she gives him plenty. I just laugh. She annoys the hell out of him. 
Who the hell cares is my thought. Let them think that. 
Let them have all that control. They look the fools not the rest of us.  
To me, it's all petty.

I say, 'had' a friend because over the years we have drifted apart and I see her more as an acquaintance than a friend. It's so important to her that everyone knows she has a genius IQ. She will tell you when you never even asked. I find it funny as hell. 
I read a lot of blogs and many are like her and I do find it amusing. 
It does not bother me as it does my husband and what he calls M's arrogance.

I do not claim to be the smartest in the room or the most dumb but it is fun to torment her. Rick and I now call it a sport.
She texted me something the other day asking me a question. 
I answered immediately and she said she didn't think I was correct.  
I suggest googling it if you think I'm wrong and then why ask me? It was a business question and she thought I MAY know.
She came back later and said you were right, did you google this, it wasn't even easy to find on Google?  No, I just knew. 
I could see the steam off her head from several states away.  

Once we played a trivia game many years ago. 
I chose the category geography. 
She flippantly said, "Are you sure Margaret that's gonna be a tough one?"  
I said I was most certain. I aced the full category.
She asked how I knew this. 
I said, "What do you mean how do I know all this? I went to school just like you did" 
She was furious and then my wonderful husband said, "You're not the only person who can think M."  

.Now to be fair, I worked in all facets of the travel industry
At the beginning of my career, I had to be a travel agent, it was a stepping stone. You need to know where countries, states, and cities are if sending people there. Yes, I can fill in the 50 states on a blank map, big flippin' deal. It's more of a sideshow than it is something to be impressed by if you ask me. But it fried her ass which made my husband happy as shit

Why she is at the forefront of my mind is because she called the other day asking about a friend of ours. That got us talking on the phone and she said, "Hey, Jeopardy's coming on I have to go."
I said, "Yep it's on here too, okay talk to you later." (exact words she did not fully understand or get) 

Now we get Jeopardy 30 minutes before they do up there. So when the final jeopardy answer was on up there in PA I text her the answer. She flipped out and called me. How did YOU know this? I said I'm not just a pretty face I guess M. I never told her. I know she thought when I said it was on here too that it was coming on as it was up there, not that it was on.
Rick and I had such a good laugh. 
We are going to hell in a handbasket as my grandmother would say.

I know this about Jeopardy's time because my mom watches it religiously. 
It comes on here at 7pm. It comes on up there at 7:30pm as I stated. 
So we figured out the time it would be when the final jeopardy is played and I told her the answer that I saw 30 minutes prior. 
Mean? You betcha, but the fact that she thinks she's so above everyone else she needs to be taken down a notch just for the helluva it.

I know it wasn't nice but boy it was fun. Now who's petty? LOL

11 comments:

Grace said...

I have 2 blogs on blogger both tied to the same email - I just made a new blog while still signed in to the current blog - took me 2 clicks - I will screen shot the process and email you...

Julie H said...

LOL that's too funny! And what Grace said for a 2nd blog. No one would be able to see that they both belong to you. I have a couple.

Jamie Ghione said...

One blog is enough for me! I could never handle more than one.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie, I only want 1

Kathy G said...

Can you set up Blog #2 and then delete Blog #1?

Mike said...

I have 5 blogs set up. What are you trying to do that you can't?

I watch Jeopardy sometimes and pretty much don't know any of the answers... until... They get to a category that I'm familiar with. Then ALL of the answers in that category are easy. So Jeopardy is a general knowledge game where you have to know a little bit about a lot of stuff.

bluzdude said...

I think having a "genius" IQ is more about potential than practical knowledge. If you don't put in the work to learn things, you can be a genius and a dumbass at the same time. Sounds like "M" wants the "genius" bragging rights without putting in the work.

I love your Jeopardy ploy. My Dad, a master at effing with people, would have approved.

I always say, I would be a Jeopardy ace if they ended it after the first round. The second round kicks my ass, and I almost NEVER get the final Jeopardy question.

If you do set up a new blog, I sure hope you let your real friends know where to find it!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I have five blogs on Bloggers. And it's easy to add one. Click on 'design' at the top right hand side, then click look for the little down arrow below your current blog's name on the left hand side. Once that opens up there is a link to click called "New Blog". From there it's straight forward. You will be able to manage all your blogs from one dashboard.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ah but Jean that means it will be associated with this blog which defeats the purpose I'm doing it. But thx!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tony,Yes that first round is far easier isn't it? I especially like when college kids are on it's far easier. And if you wish to feel very smart, how about the celebrity ones? Sadly I'm great with music and TV categories. In the last week or so they had young ones on and the answers were 70s bands. they didn't know anything. I felt brilliant. (old aside) :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, I know nothing about Shakespeare and those get me every time.