This morning the rain was normal. No biggie. Whew.
We made it to the eye doctor at 9:30am. Then we proceeded to spend just shy of $1,000. Geez, no deductible has been met due to being the 1st of the year. Great. Then of course his new glasses. He has been having such difficulties and we found out these lenses were all wavy.
Costco glasses for you. Never again!
So instead of going the cheap route we got theirs and paid for it.
But there are 2-year warranties on the lenses and the frames.
Should they get scratched bring them in and they will be fixed free of charge. And since that has been an issue for Rick in the past that was worth paying for.
It was so difficult for him to try on new glasses when he couldn't see them without wearing his old glasses. That is the crazy part for those who can't see a lick without glasses.
Rick picked out a pair so different from what he normally wears. He tried on some that made us laugh so hard. All inappropriate comments from us that of course, we whispered for only us to hear our sick jokes. One pair was like Harry Potter and the woman said oh no, it can't be and he turned around and she laughed and said, 'Okay,I don't think those are for you'.
One pair looked like Dame Edna if you recall her, and they were in the male side of the glasses. But I am certain some males would wear them but it wouldn't be Rick.
We got the giggles in the corner and they came over to 'check' on us.
We were fine, just laughing at trying to find new glasses without wearing one's glasses. We got the feeling that they wanted us to hurry because they were closing up shop at noon due to the impending storm.
So they took my money and off we went.
So I needn't have worried. The storm has not come through yet. Maybe it won't. I don't know. We've done all we can do to secure things outside and now we just have a nice lunch and maybe take a nap. :-)
I've really learned to enjoy a quick nap. Who knew?
Linda said in comments that the rain must have been difficult for me while living in the Pacific Northwest. (Seattle)
No, it wasn't like that at all.
Rain to me in Seattle is more of an annoyance.
It doesn't thunder, lightning, rain sideways, or rain hard.
Rain there for the 2.5 years I was there was always a mist.
A big damn annoying mist. And when it rained harder, it was just rain.
Nothing like the torrential rains of a hurricane, or a storm in the midwest or east. When I told people that they only had 39 inches of rain a year, my family would say, gee we get more than that. (my hometown of Erie PA gets 42)
Yes, but it's a hard rain and it's not every damn day. Rain that hits the window and makes noise kind of rain. Never had that in the PNW.
That is the difference. (That and the whole no sun thing)
Nothing is more beautiful than Seattle on a clear day though!!
I would assume that with climate change it will be less rain now than when I lived there in the late 90s. Making for more beautiful days.
I used to say how I loved the rain.
Then I moved there. I wasn't specific enough. Oops.
Be careful what you wish for right?😉
8 comments:
I've been getting Costco glasses for years with no problems but when they first came out with those cheap places to get glasses in the 90's one had put my prescription in sideways or something (the next eye dr told me).
The old saying--you get what you pay for. That's what the OBGYN told me when I told him I couldn't be pregnant because I had an IUD and I paid $2.50 for it at the the university student health center. Apparently he had to go to med school after his plan to be a stand up comedian didn't pan out.
Julie, We never had issues with Costco until we moved here. So that could explain it.
Olga, that's funny. I am assuming a joke but if true, even funnier, sorry.
It is very hard to pick out glasses when you can't see well without your glasses on. I tend to rely on the opinion of the associate helping me.
We have pretty good vision insurance, so I just go ahead and get my glasses at the optometrist's office. However, my strong prescription needs lightweight lenses, and my vanity needs no-ling bifocals. It still costs me a couple of hundred dollars
Having worked for the phone company in installation and repair, I had to have ANSI Z87.1 frames and lenses (safety glasses). And I've always gotten them through a company called Titmus (https://rx-safety.com/).
I have the same problem trying to pick out eyeglass frames without being able to see.
We typically love rain here since it's a rare thing. When it happens, it usually brings much drama.
That's too bad about the Costco. So much cheaper. I usually take my daughter with me to pick out glasses. Luckily the ones I got before were still available so I just went with the same style and didn't try on anything else.
Yup, my hometown has to be one of the most beautiful cities when it's clear. The best time is a sunny winter day with both snow-capped mountain ranges visible and the Sound sparkling in the sun. Nothing better imho.
Sheila, we have gotten glasses from Costco for years. But they screwed up both mine and Rick's Rx and when we went back the man actually said, "so what do you want me to do about it?" If Rick hadn't had a stroke I feared he'd have punched him.
As for Seattle, we used to say nothing prettier than a blue sky in February. You are so correct, driving into the city from Issaquah we'd see the snow cap Olympics. Driving home we'd see the snow-capped Cascades. Nothing, nothing is prettier!! When I would gasp after a turn and there they were the people that were with me would laugh because they said they don't even notice anymore. I can't fathom that. It was just like a screensaver for Petes Sake!! I never took that beauty for granted. My husband worked in the Darth Vader bldg and would go in early and sit with his coffee on the 12th flr I believe, and just watch the morning sun and the Olympics and was a happy camper.
Post a Comment