Tuesday, January 30, 2024

What's In Your Coffee?

Three things you need to know. 
1. Sativa is a strain of cannibis
2. Stevia is a natural sugar substitute.
3. I'm naturally a brunette, well, until it turned to gray. 

My husband has always said I have blonde moments. 
(sorry to the blondes I know you're not dumb)

Some of my blonde moments I do see the humor as well. 
Hey, I can laugh at myself. 
Like when we lived in Seattle and were riding down the coast to explore. 
The car was quiet as I was just enjoying the vista.
I saw this mountain that looked like the top was blown off and I said to Rick, "Hey look at that mountain, doesn't it looks like the top blew off" 
He laughed and said, "Oh Margaret that is Mt St. Helen, the top did blow off." 
Oops.
In my defense, I had never seen this before and didn't know where we were since we had just moved there.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. 

The other day at the doctor's she was asking me about sugar consumption. 
I said I don't eat sugar unless it's candy. I can't eat processed food so that helps.
She asked what I put in my coffee.
I told her I drink it black with Sativa.
She whipped her head around and said, "Pardon me? Sativa?" 
She looked so confused.
I paused because it did not register this type of reaction. Then I realized what I had said and I giggled.
"Nope, I use STEVIA!"
The doctor laughed and said, "Okay you scared me for a minute."

I guess she thought I was putting cannabis in my coffee. Although that could help this damn hip pain.

As Rick used to say when I was a brunette, you dye your hair brown don't you?
Funny boy thought he was clever. 
So I'm a little dingy, I keep telling him it's an endearing quality.
Hey, a gal has to believe what she needs to believe.🤣

17 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

That's the kind of think I'd say to my doctor.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean,thank you!😄

Kathy G said...

I'm starting to misspeak more as I get older, but the mistakes aren't as funny as yours.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Kathy I bet they are.

Cruisin Paul said...

Ha,ha, Mt St. Helen, now that is funny. My wife was a brunette but now she is a blonde and she very smart, very smart. She'll be 76 but many people tell her that she is 60. They tell me that I'm 80. LOL

Cruisin Paul

Abby said...

Well now I'm wondering what results drinking a cup-a coffe with sativa would bring.
Mt. St. Helens - ha! You were not wrong!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, probably better results than my stevia. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, you don't look 80. Silly boy.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I gave up dying my hair during covid, and have never thought of going back to trying to be brown. I am still salt and pepper, not truly grey yet.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gil, me too. S&P that is.

Olga said...

Toward the end of my teaching career, I said something about having a "blonde moment" (I was blonde in my younger days!) and one of the students with autism gave me a hard stare and then reminded me I was having a gray moment. Bless her heart.

Mike said...

I sent you an email.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, oh that's cute,and true. I guess we shall now name them gray moments. 😄
Not to be confused with senior moments. Lol

Ami said...

First, it's not gray hair, it's Arctic Blonde.

Coffee. Nope. You can make a big cup of hot chocolate, add marshmallows and sprinkles and/or whipped cream. And I'll drink it, or some of it anyway. But add ONE DROP of coffee? BLECH.

I really think it's like cilantro is for some people (myself included) and the taste just makes me gag.

Paula C said...

Funny!

Mr. Shife said...

So the doctor isn’t recommending cannabis in the coffee? I mean there has to be people doing it, right? Or maybe it is a bad combination?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mr. Shife, Yuk to the combo! What is funny is to me is that I moved from where it was legal to a very conservative state. Everyone has a gun and will use it at the drop of a hat or a girlscout knocking on your door, but heaven forbid you have cannabis. It's wacky here.