Thursday, January 11, 2024

I'm a Damn Olympian

 Some items said and done this past week in our home that I found humorous. So humor me and read on.

If you recall Rick made the proclamation before his stroke that he was no longer bending. Of course, I just laughed.  The other day he had something fall under the kitchen island. He said nothing and when I heard him moan. He pointed to the item. I burst out laughing. I suggested he do it like this...
I show him how to do it but I did not pick it up.
He immediately laughs and says, "I'm gonna pretend I didn't just learn that."(smirks at me) 
Honestly, he is a fool. 

He has been having some really bad pain ever since his pacemaker. Pain that causes lack of sleep etc. Pain that makes him moan all damn day.
The pain is at his shoulder around the pacemaker. 
He was struggling to get his shirt off before bed the other night. 
I suggested he try it this way, as I show him, it will work for you much easier. 
He is sitting on the end of the bed just thinking about what I said I assumed.
He then responded with, "Yeah but then, no one's gonna scratch my back and kiss me after it comes off if I do it myself."  OMG.  
I said, "Listen buddy you can do this and I'm not falling for that helpless shit."
"Well, my next wife is going to be dumb so I can get away with more shit."
Good Luck with that babe.

My Olympic Event - Simone Biles eat your heart out.
Had to go to the ortho doctor on Wednesday.
As I was waiting I asked the nurse if there was a bathroom I could use before the doctor came into the room.
She opened the door and pointed to the door across from the nurse's station.

I walked into the bathroom and laughed out loud. 
I prayed they didn't hear me. 
But I felt like I had to be Simone Biles to get on this toilet.
Now I have seen raised toilet seats, my mom has one. 
But this was double in height of that one. 
It was like 2 or 3 elevated seats on top of one another. 

I was about to pee my pants and had to figure out how I was going to get on this apparatus without a step stool. Sadly I'm a gigglier so I am in there just laughing and cracking myself up. Oh, how I wish I had my phone so y'all could see this thing.  And I hope they can't hear me laughing.

I thought, "Do I back up and run like jumping a pummel horse?"
Well, I got up there and my feet didn't even go over the toilet bowl to dangle. Try peeing like that will ya. Try peeing while you're laughing this hard. Not as easy as it sounds.

After I did my business I had to have the perfect dismount. 
I jumped and I felt like I had to put both arms in the air (like a td) and see what the judges were going to give me. I think it was a solid 9.  All while grabbing my underwear and the lovely paper shorts they give you and jumping down. Yep, I'm an Olympian all right!  

16 comments:

bluzdude said...

Sounds like a toilet made for Edith Ann.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Exactly what I am certain I looked like! But with an excellent dismount.

Julie H said...

lol well if I was giggling I'd probably just be peeing my pants anyways!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie,oh I was holding it in which seems to get worse as I age to do. Lol

Mr. Shife said...

Holy cannoli! You painted quite a humorous picture, Peg. Glad the mount and dismount were successful.

Mike said...

I thought girls peed when they laughed too hard! You should get a medal for laughing that hard and NOT peeing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mr.Shife, yes it was humorous to me as well.

Mike,yep normally the case. This whole event was weird as hell.

Kathy G said...

Maybe since you were visiting an ortho doctor it was some kind of musculoskeletal test? If so you passed.

Olga said...

That is too darn funny!

Cruisin Paul said...

I'd like a toilet seat like that. I went to my daughter's home once and went to the bathroom. I didn't know it but her toilet seat went down low and I hit down low and my butt was hurt. I'd prefer one high. LOL


Cruisin Paul

Rosie said...

Oh, that is the funniest thing I have read in quite a while. I am glad you made it to the finishing line - a true Olympian. Thanks for the laugh, it made my day.

Abby said...

Okay, I've got an image of you in my head now...
But why was it so high? I understand not wanting it too low, but higher isn't always better.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, who knows why. I know old people have issues getting down, so a higher seat is necessary but this was up to my high hip almost my waist!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Lol, the mental picture! Now I can't get it out of my head :-)
Why in the world would it be so high? They should put a step stool in front of it for us shorties.....

Ami said...

Haha... Peg on her high horse!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's - good question why was it so high? Who the hell knows. To make me fret and almost pee myself?

Ami, good one girl!