Today's post brought to you by ...Netflix
In the past 2 weeks, I have watched two very different shows. Here are a couple of choices for your weekend. Grab the popcorn -
Fool Me Once.
Good acting, suspenseful, and had some good twists.
We thought it was very good but it took too long to get there.
It could have been done in fewer episodes. It dragged on a bit too long for us, but others may not think so.
When we finally arrived at the end it did surprise us both.
Lots of twists and turns that were a bit surprising.
You know from the very first episode who was doing this bad deed but you didn't always see the twists and turns that would occur.
A murder mystery is the genre I'd call it.
Rick and I kept talking during this show saying things like, "Oh you know she is the culprit" or "Why the hell is she telling this person all that information?"
If this had been in a theatre we would have been kicked out for talking!
We both enjoyed it even though we felt it took too long to get our answer.
Then there is the show Loudermilk.
Oh my goodness this couldn't be more opposite from the previous show.
This show stars Ron Livingston. Normally he is in more serious things but he was also the main star in the comedy Office Space, which has become a cult favorite.
This show is so funny to me. It is a comedy-drama, at least that is how it is listed. Wacky characters make the show. The main character is a recovering alcoholic who now is an AA counselor. His AA group that gets together weekly is such an eclectic, funny group of people.
Loudermilk hates everyone and everything and I find him so damn funny.
He manages to piss everyone off but they also love him.
He has a very unique way of helping people. I found this show at 1:00 am when I couldn't get back to sleep so I watched the 1st episode thinking it'd be dumb and I'd fall asleep.
Oops, I was awake and I binged all of season 1. Now I'm on season 2.
I stopped watching so Rick could catch up. I know he too will love these goofball characters.
I wish in my life I could behave like Loudermilk and talk to people as he does and get away with it. I'd love to tell these vapid young women to stop talking as they do. It annoys the shit out of me. When he tells this young woman this she doesn't get it. I almost spit out my water because I have said those exact words in my home. I would NEVER have the balls to do that to someone in public.
So I suppose I see myself in that curmudgeon. 🤣
11 comments:
I just finished "Loudermilk" and absolutely loved, everything about it except that it ended too soon. I hope they're working on other seasons. The way it left off it could easily go on. He's everything you said but so much more too. he can be compassionate and his character grows when he owns up to some of his mistakes. He really cares about his group and they are such an oddball collection of personalities you can't help to get drawn in.
I watched episode 1 of Fool Me Once, had planned to abandon further episodes, but so many are saying there are twists and turns, I'd be surprised at the ending, that I'm going to set aside a day to binge watch because now I gotta know.
I haven't seen either one of those! Sounds good!
Jean, couldn't agree more. I'm at the episode where he kindly gives the waitress money and she buys boobs and he's furious. I enjoy the crazy characters immensley.
Boots, I understand. Rick was into it so I kept on cuz he was watching it.if he wasn't I would have quit. Trust me Loudermilk is far better.
Julie, well get busy missy! 😄
::adding to my list of stuff I need to watch:::
I am currently rewatching a ton of things. I've been housebound for a full week now. Feckin' ice storm.
So it's been a steady diet of old movies here. I still have a DVD player and a ton of things to watch.
Finding things that my man wants to watch with me? Not so easy.
We watched "Fool Me Once" also. I thought it was too long and I've already forgotten what it was about.
We watched both seasons of Loudermilk, and honestly, it didn't do much for me. I like how it touched upon a lot of "real life" topics, but I didn't like Loudermilk himself - so whiney and grumpy. I know I'm in the minorority, though, because it seem that most watchers - including my husband - really liked it. What do I know? Maybe we'll check out Fool Me Once.
Abby, 3 seasons. I get it. People love comic books movies and I find them juvenile. Everyone likes what they like.
I am Loudermilk inside I fear. :-)
I watched Fool Me Once a week ago, and thought the same ~ a little too long, but rather satisfying at the end. I'll have to put Loudermilk on my watchlist. Right now I'm watching Alexander: The Making of a God. I love history, and this is rather like a documentary...but it's really interesting.
Post a Comment