Friday, January 5, 2024

Cancer Free!

Finally, we've received some good news.
Today, Friday, we went to get Rick's stitches out of his melanoma scar from his surgery.
We got the results and all margins are clear and he is cancer-free.
The best news we've had in some time.

Driving there he was so quiet. I knew he was stressed about this even though he'd say he wasn't. I was too but didn't wish to talk about it.
So we were both able to exhale today.

They removed the stitches. The hematoma is smaller and will just take time to go away. He will be having another spot, that is not cancerous but if not taken care of will be next month.  

So on this Friday evening, we are going to have some red wine and celebrate the good news. Now if we can just get his pacemaker not to be causing him such pain he'd be good as new.

It's supposed to be heavy rains here this weekend while those in the midwest and soon the east coast are going to be blanketed in snow. It looks so pretty on TV. I'm just glad I no longer live in it. 

Be Safe, Stay Warm and Enjoy your weekend!!

12 comments:

Julie H said...

Great news!

Olga said...

Finally, some good news out of you!!

Abby said...

Yay!!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

That's worth celebrating. I'm glad that worry is off your plate.

Kathy G said...

Wonderful!

Paula C said...

That is fantastic news!!

Mike said...

We're going to put a pacemaker in but you will be in pain the rest of your life.
Thanks... a lot...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, BINGO!

linda said...

Yeah!!!

bluzdude said...

That's great news to start the new year!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thanks everyone!

Cruisin Paul said...

That's great news Peg & Rick. It's nice to see that 2024 is starting great.


Cruisin Paul