But I got up at 730a while he stayed in bed. At 8:04a.m. the phone rang
It was his dermatologist. She would not talk to me so I told her let me wake him.
Rick has melanoma. It was scheduled to be cut out in a couple of weeks. Why must we wait is my question. The 2nd one is a precancerous lesion, which he has had before.
He is not in a good frame of mind after that call.
When will this stop? I know he can't take much more and God knows I can't.
But this poor man has been through enough already.
Yes, I asked him to go to the Dr last yr about this. He knows that. We called all the dermatologists listed in Raleigh and surrounding area. All were a 9-month to a year wait. We took this one because it was the soonest we could get in. But all along he poo-poo'd me. As he said this morning, when will I learn to listen to your concerns?
So now it's cancer.
13 comments:
Without going into my story, I can only say - I do know what you two are going through - I do. I feel for you, so much.
Thank you Grace.
Oh, for the luva... So sorry Peggy, as if you two haven't had enough medical crap to deal with. I hope the melanoma is dealt with smoothly, and that's the last you hear of it.
So sorry for more trouble.
You two have been and are doing everything right. Keep smiling and laughing and loving. It is true-you are a wonderful couple.
All the best for good health and lucky breaks.
Sorry to hear about this latest bump in the road to serenity.
Well fuck a goddamn duck.
I'm so sorry! I have been reading your blog, just not very good at commenting right now. All wrapped up in my own personal problems.
Sending good wishes your way (and Rick's!) and hope that it will be easily resolved.
(((hugs)))
Dear God, what else do you two have to deal with. Maybe 2024 will be Ricks & yours a good year.
Cruisin Paul
Hopefully it will be an easy removal and caught soon enough. Big hugs!!
Sending good thoughts to you, guys. Hopefully things will calm down soon.
I have to ho to the dermatologist next month for a suspicious spot on my nose. I cannot believe the doctor couldn't see you for 9 months! That is crazy.
Paula C, we couldn't believe that out of over 14 that we called no one could do better. Crazy is right!
April, thank you. From your mouth to God's ear!!
Thx Julie.
Abby, my sentiment exactly
Kathy G. thank you.
Ami, hell I've said worse. Thank you.
gigmon, Im sorry too. LOL thank you!
Paul, I don't dare ask that question.
Damn. You folks don't get a break. I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer. You two have dealt with so much. I'm breaking under the weight of it. Can't imagine how you can hold it together. I hope this ends soon.
Barbara, I'm not holding up so well. I try to keep my "Peggy" face for my husband. But I'm not doing all that well. I too hope it ends soon!! Very soon.
Post a Comment