I mentioned to you a bit ago that Rick's love of Bob Ross is a head-scratcher to me. We did go to the exhibit of his work.
It was at a museum on a small college campus.
Seeing it in person and close up really is impressive. Rick enjoyed himself.
They of course had merchandise. Some of which to me was hysterical.
A toaster that had Bob's face on your toast once you toasted it.
It reminded me of the nut jobs who see Jesus in their toast.
That gave us some laughs that made people look at us. But I thought, hey you weirdos, don't look at me like I'm crazy, you're at a Bob Ross exhibit too!
They even had pieces of toast in a zip-lock bag so you could see how it came out. He showed me the toast and all I said was, No! Don't even think about it, mister. (we do need a new toaster) He laughed.
Look at this goofball with Bob Ross's hair! Bob Ross T-shirt and his lopsided smile. He was in heaven. I thought it was funny only because of the crowds and that all these people really love this guy.
That day after all this excitement he came home and had a 3 hr nap.
Well within 2 days Rick was a new man. He has energy. Oh sure he still naps but not long or every day. He is doing things and is active. I do admit the more he does the more frustrated he gets because he can't do what he used to do. But he's trying more.
Today when getting ready to hit the YMCA he was a goofball. He posed to show me he could get into his Swimming Dog Studio T-shirt which he couldn't wear before. It really shows his weight loss.
I, on the other hand, ate my feelings while he was horizontal and in the hospital. No pictures for me! I still don't think he looks 68 but I could be delusional. He will be 69 in May. I have a full head of white hair and he has like 3 white hairs. He also only has about 12 hairs left...tee hee
The Y sent me an email saying they were waiving the joining fee for one day only. (it's $110) I hit the link that took me nowhere. I changed browsers and still nothing. I called and the woman spoke to me like I didn't know how to use a computer. I told her I had changed browsers and all things I had tried. She then told me she would try it herself. She did try and then said, "Oh my it isn't working" No shit Sherlock. But it made me chuckle.
We really wanted to join the Y more than a gym. Rick has one month of rehab left and then we both will go to the Y. He needs to get stronger and I need everything.
She told me if I came in on Monday they would waive the fee.
So Rick and I went there in the morning before rehab.
As we walked around the Y to check a few things out we watched this man who must be unemployed. He was too young to be retired and who the hell is at the gym at 9:30am on a Monday? And if he works from home he sure as hell isn't working.
Anyhoo, this guy was strutting around like a peacock. He made Rick and I laugh. As we turned around to leave that area, he actually kissed his bicep. BOTH OF THEM. OMG.
Rick whispered to me, "Poor guy is overcompensating, he must have a small dick." Of course, I laughed. But this guy was a real tool.
Our lawn guy as well as my neighbor were telling me this is the time of year to put down your mulch. The lawn man told me what he'd charge and I about died. I figured I was able-bodied, I'll do this myself.
I've always done it in the spring. But it was on sale so I went and got the mulch and figured I'd do it this week while everyone else is at the mall and in a turkey and shopping frenzy.
So yesterday I was off to Lowes to get 20 large bags of mulch.
I was struggling to put those damn bags on my cart.
A man walked by who worked there and instead of helping me he said, "Where is your husband?" He laughed.
I have to admit that rather ticked me off a bit. Ah, you could just help me.
I said, "he's had a stroke" as I kept loading my cart.
He said, "Oh, well then I'll get another cart and help you"
Geez, isn't it his job to help customers whether or not I have a spouse?
I didn't ask for his help but I sure did appreciate it.
He did 8 bags and I did 12 bags but he put all of them in my car for me.
I thanked him big time.
Now to get them out of my car. LOL


15 comments:
Maybe the "Where's your husband?" was a fishing trip before hitting on you (or not) kind of thing...
"as well as my neighbor"
Your WHAT?! Since when did you get to know neighbors? We haven't heard anything about these "Southerners" you've apparently made friends with. (If you did mention them I've totally forgotten them.)
Mike, this neighbor I helped when he had a heart attack so he's nice to me now.
He walked to his mailbox when I was at mine and he chatted a bit. He's from New Jersey. 😁
Jean now that's funny. I'm no longer"hittable" but I thank you for the giggle😄
Everyone is hittable. It just takes the right batter.
Bluzdude, too funny! I need an old blind guy. batter, batter,batter🤣
Rick looks good even with Bob Ross hair. LOL Have a great day my friends.
Cruisin Paul
I need to join the gym again. My favorite from before was this guy who was like standing over me to hurry me up so he could use the bench. What a jerk.
I hope that guy felt stupid after he asked you where your husband was. That's usually how you learn not to ask dumb questions.
Paul, you do the same.
Julie, I said to Rick I may have a wife he doesn't know. It was a very odd question to me.
Gym rats crack me up, make and female. This is the main reason we didn't want a gym like planet fitness etc. Men and women always staring at themselves in the mirror etc.
But if we went to planet fitness Rick loves to say like their commercials, "I pick things up and put down"
Put THEM down
Bob Ross is an icon! He's got quite a following. There's even a Bob Ross board game, my son has it.
Young guy kissing his biceps at the gym? - Rick's "overcompensating" theory is definitely plausible.
"Where is your husband?" SERIOUSLY?!
Ummm...you have Medicare, right? You can join the Y for free or seriously discounted through their Silver Sneakers program. I'm disabled and on Medicare and go to the Y for free.I think you can also have Rick's Dr write a warm water or salt water pool therapy RX and Medicare will cover that (at the Y or elsewhere) also.
Rick looks good!
I should add I'm under 65 but on Medicare so I can join the program same as anyone 65 and older.
Pippa, silver sneakers is only offered to those with medicare advantage. When we put medicare side by side with medicare advantage we found Medicare was far better for us. We have an agent we've worked with since the age of 44 (long term care and other insurances) She puts them on the screen side by side so we can choose what is best for us. Silver sneakers was the only thing worth having. We'd lose some items if we went with medicare advantage so we have to pay for the Y. And not all YMCA's take silver sneakers. We heard about that too while choosing a gym. We did get a nice discount just being seniors. The pool at our Y is outside. The one inside is 30 minutes away and Rick said he was not going that extra 30 minutes without traffic just to swim so there is that. But thank you. I'm glad you get free Y membership. Every little bit helps!
Abby, yes that is how I felt about that douche at Lowes. I may have been a widow, gay, alone whatever - bad question. I thnk he got the gist of that by my face. :-)
Post a Comment