Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Odds and Ends Tuesday

I have bursitis in my left hip. I've been dealing with it for over a year. I've had other things to be concerned about. And while I don't sleep much at all, this impeded the little sleep I did get. So I finally went to the doctor.
I got an injection in my hip which only sort of helped. He also wanted me to go to Physical Therapy. I figured as long as Rick was there I might as well see someone. 

Today was my first day of PT. I dreaded going with the ass and leg pain I was in but I plowed through. I had the same man as Rick sees. He is a cute young thing of 6'4" with broad shoulders. I thought for sure I'd get one of the women but I lucked out and got Derek. My pizza lovin', bagel missing NY'er.

I got my exercises and after I was done I got a handout for work at home.
Rick saw them and sighed. He said, "Oh now you're going to really push me aren't you?"  Yes. I know he thinks I am 'nagging' him but I want him to be better and to feel better so he has to do these things. I am a far more motivated person than Rick. If there was a test of sitting/reclining in that ugly chair he would ace it. He would sit there until cobwebs were around him. I can't do that. One day of being lazy is fun. 2 is not fun to me. This is where we differ.

Yesterday I got him to go for a walk. As I was putting on my sneakers he said, I'll bring my phone and you don't have to go. Okay.  I washed the kitchen floor instead and ran outside to move the last bags of mulch while he didn't see me and yell at me. 😊

He was gone for longer than he should have been, at least to me. He told me he was going down to the first cul-de-sac and come right back. But he was gone longer. I called him. He picked up the call laughing - I'm fine. There are dogs in this yard and I am getting my puppy fix. Okay, I get it. He said he is lovin' on them all and they are loving it too. 
We two humans talk about having another dog every damn day. We can't and we know it, but we ache for a dog. So I understood - it was better than him telling me he fell and couldn't get up. A dog is a good excuse for why he isn't home yet.

Speaking of my little sleep. I was up at 3am and I turned on the TV. I didn't wish to read. I saw that Bewitch was on so I watched it instead. 
How very high brow of me, don't you think? 
At one point after hearing, "Abner, Abner, come quick"  I rewound it and recorded it so Rick could see this. I knew it'd make him laugh because one of the things she did was so Rick. 

You see if you are unfamiliar with ole Gladys Kravitz, she was the optime of a nosey neighbor. (I know showing my age) She was always looking into the window of her neighbors or looking out her window and watching them. 
Rick sits in his ugly chair and watches the comings and goings of our neighbors now. Well, one neighbor. 

The tree in our front yard is overgrown and he was to trim it this past summer but he had a stroke instead. This overgrown part makes it difficult for him to be Gladys Kravitz.  As the leaves have fallen it's easier for him to see but what I find very funny is the area that he needs to have no leaves again, still has just enough leaves to not give him a clear view.  He mentioned this and I laughed.  "I'm sorry, you can't be nosey and it bothers you Rick. Do you really think this is nice?"  

"Well, I'm bored he tells me."

"No, you have things to do, you just prefer being nosey."
 He laughs with his tongue out which is a sure sign he knows I am 100% right.

He has a complete story about what is going on across the street. 
I think I have shared that these folks are from New Jersey. 
T & D we will call them. T is not old enough to retire he tells us but he looks like he is 100. She retired and she spends all her time in Florida. Every few months she comes up for a couple of days. Never as long as a week. What kind of marriage is this?  I couldn't be away from Rick like that. If I was retired and he wasn't, I still would not move out and come visit every quarter for just a couple of days. 
I know I told you that T. had stents put in his heart a few weeks ago. His wife came home for 3 days and left. That blew me away.

But what is driving Rick crazy is a new red car is there. 
Its owner appears to be a very young woman with a small yappy dog. 
She looks to be in her 20s but she may be as old as 30. 
This is who my husband is referring to as his 'side piece.' 
I said that maybe that is why he has heart issues, she's killing him. 
He just laughs at me. When his wife was here the little red car was not.
She left for Florida and now the little red car is back.
So Rick is convinced this is not a relative but a side piece and he keeps saying, Good for Tom. Tom looks older than Rick, Tom is I think 60. He looks like the walking dead.  Gray, very thin, and feeble-looking. He is a handyman for some local church if I got that info correctly. 

We had a lot of wind last night and this morning it was enough to blow away most of the leaves. You'd have thought Xmas came early for Rick. 
As he sat in his ugly chair enjoying his morning coffee he said, "I see T's side piece has another little young friend with a dog."  
I asked, "How do you think know this shit, Richard?"

"Oh, easy, this young girl walked up their driveway and onto their back porch, and the next thing you know the 2 young girls went out for a walk with their dogs."

I said, "Well that should make you go for a walk. (I'm always trying to get him out to walk) You talk to everyone you see, and you'll find out all the good stuff you enjoy. It's probably their niece" 

"Oh Margaret, you are such a Pollyanna."

"No Richard, you always go to the dark side. I'm sure she would kill him."

"Probably, but what a way to go."

This is our version of Rear Window. 
If you haven't seen that movie with Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart, watch it. It's worth the time.

8 comments:

Mike said...

2 young things? Yeeeeee haaaaaaa!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, yep, they must have a grandpa complex

Kathy G said...

It sounds like an interesting neighborhood to live in.

bluzdude said...

One of my earliest Mom-Crushes was on Samantha Stevens. And Jeanie. So when I began crushing on Laurie Partridge, at least it was a step in the right direction.

Cruisin Paul said...

Peg, my wife is trying to get me to go walking with her. It's to cold for me as far as I'm concerned. Maybe in the summer. I remember Gladys Kravitz. Her nose was always sticking in where she shouldn't be. Her husband was a woosh. I hope that you will be getting more sleep my friend.


Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, trust me, it's not.

bluzdude, didn't every male have a crush on Jeannie? I get the Laurie Partridge. I was more into Keith Partridge. :-)

Paul, I'm sure it is too cold up there! But if your wife can do it Paul :-)

Julie H said...

I'm howling haha so funny! My whole neighborhood is like that. I had binoculars on my desk at one point. I think the kid took them and as I was reading this I was thinking I should just get another pair.

Maybe she is his daughter being a caregiver and when the wife came back she got a break. See where my mind is lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, they told us they didn't have children. Niece?