Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Betty is almost Gone!!

I had a shot in the eye on Monday. Woo-hoo
Betty is almost gone!! 
But she's been close before and then she comes back so we decided to do another shot today.  I don't have to go back for 4.5 months this time. We are going to go longer and longer and see how she does. Hopefully, if she stays the same we won't need another shot.  Fingers crossed.🤞
Because as much fun as it sounds, it doesn't hurt, but after the shot when all the numbing drops wear off, I am hurting for 24 hours.
A nice throbbing, you've been kicked in the head pain.

I will never have 20/20 again like my other eye due to scaring etc. But it's 20/40. Betty had me at 20/200 so this is good!! Finally good news.

But good eyesight or not I'm still clumsy. 
I fell on my face Saturday. My head bounced 2x on the kitchen floor.
Rick was upset that he couldn't catch me. I slipped right through his arms. 
I kept telling him it was OK, he may not have been able to before the stroke so stop stressing. I'm fine.

I have a nice bump on my head
A purple circle over my eye and swelling. Oh my God, I felt like I was in a cartoon. You know with stars and birds swirling over my head. 
My head and neck hurt all night. 
I kept thinking, maybe I crushed Betty. 

So Monday when Dr. S. saw me he asked what happened. 
My fall did not affect Betty and yes I got yelled at for not going to ER. 
God, I'm so sick of hospitals I was sure I was and am fine. 
I've had a concussion before when I broke my nose and I had none of those symptoms. 

Dr. S. asked how I broke my nose. I did not wish to tell him I fell on my face once before so I lied. I said it was a fall way back in 1983/84. I don't even remember most of it. He let it go. He was probably thinking that I've rattled my head a few too many times and I'm confused.

In other news. 
I saw a documentary of sorts on Albert Brooks. 
I adore Albert Brooks. Rob Reiner is talking to him about his career in this documentary. Done differently than most. 
I remember in the Stone Ages before DVRs and streaming I'd have to stay up late to catch him on Johnny Carson. 

I was a weird young person, I loved comedians. I have tapes and tapes of comedians that I finally tossed when we moved here. 

After my divorce, I lived with my grandmother for 7 months before I headed off to school. She would see that Albert was on Johhny Carson and if I fell asleep she'd wake me. While she didn't understand it, she knew my love of Albert Brooks was real.

Broadcast News is one of my favorite movies of his, with a close 2nd or maybe tied to Mother. Both of those movies resonated with me. It felt like the Holly Hunter character in Broadcast News was mirroring my life at the time in so many ways. 
In the movie Mother, so many things hit home. Frozen cheese! Saving everything and freezing it. Unsupportive. Oh, that is my mother.

But he had a lot of good ones like Defending Your Life or Lost in America. Whatever he's in I will watch and give it a chance I just love him and I really enjoyed the doc. 
It was on Max if you are so inclined.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh honey, I am so damn sorry about your fall. Jesus!!!

Glad to hear about Betty though. Good news for once :)

Peg said...

Hallelujah! about Betty. But, it's about time that you stopped having bad luck. At least you didn't get a concussion from your fall. You and Rick are both showing signs of recovery, so I believe that you two are both on the road to health without crisis.

Olga said...

Good-bye Betty. Don't let the door hit you on the butt as you leave.

bluzdude said...

Good riddance to a real bitch. Some guests just don't know when to leave.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

That's great! I am so glad and hope like you do that she'll disappear and never come back. Like a crazy neighbor. Like my crazy neighbor :-)

Julie H said...

Boy Maria there is spamming you like crazy.

Glad that Betty is almost gone!! You need some bubble wrap. I didn't know who that guy was and I don't think I've seen any of those movies. Weird! I'll have to go watch them now.

Abby said...

Great news about Betty! Not so great about your face on the kitchen floor.
I think I remember the broken nose story - a bathtub and lots of blood, as I recall. Might have to click the link and refresh.