Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Funny Pix

We were going through some old photos the other day while trying to get our house in some sort of order. 
Finding pics makes you stop what you're doing and review them all. 
These made me smile.

From little Ricky

To a high school kid and his drum set.

To graduation. Those sideburns!

To Hairy '70s dude having dinner at his Aunt Lucy's
 
To a boy and his Harley.

This one below was a year after we met. 
Remember we were just friends then. This girl was visiting him from Chicago. She told him she was a model. 
I told him that if she was a model I was 5'10" and flat-chested. 
(she was tall though, he was 6'2")
He would just laugh. 
These were what I call his Bimbo du jour days. 😅


And lastly, everyone asks how I'm doing. Well, to be honest, I'm a hot mess and wish I had girlfriends here. I don't put half of it on the blog because you don't need to hear all this depressing shit. 
I'm filled with anxiety, stress, and fear. My world is upside down, 
I fall apart when he's not looking & I run at 100mph. 
But I'm fine. 
bluzdude showed me this T-shirt and I found it online. 
I almost bought it. It spoke to me.


 

19 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

You guys look wonderful.


Cruisin Paul

Linda said...

Great pictures. Some people change so much you can't see the current person in the old pics. You can totally see Rick in each and every one. Luckily the eyebrows balance out the sideburns in the HS picture.

Keeping you guys in my heart. I cannot even imagine how hard it is. I know how isolating a new city can be even when one is healthy but sick.........that's just too hard to do.

XOX

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Linda. Happy about your hearing tho. ❤️

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul. You guys? That implies I'm in the photo. I am on none of these. Lol

Julie H said...

Big hugs!! Ricky was a cute kid with those long lanky legs!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, he still has long legs, just not that skinny. 🤣

bluzdude said...

Love the old pix.
You should get the shirt. It'll shock the hell out of your neighbors...

Mike said...

Tall girls are desperate for tall guys. My son, 6'4", had a tall enough girlfriend. I was 6'1" at the time. One day I realized I was looking at her eye to eye. I looked down and she had on platform shoes. He was still 3" taller than her.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sadly bluzdude, our neighbors pay no attention to us.

Mike, I have always dated tall men. The shortest was 6'0". I like 'em tall and manly. Not Harry Styles like or Brad Pitt. 🤣

Abby said...

It's fun to come across old pics and get distracted, isn't it?
I wish you had a come-over-for-coffee (or whatever beverage of choice) friend to lend you a helping hand or just a shoulder.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I long for that friend to stop over for coffee.oh well. Yes, pix are a fun waste of time. 😁

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Ow, how I love a guy with dimples. Cute!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's, yes those dimples are cute. I love the first pic. We were laughing at mine because my mother did some weird ass shit to my hair. Hideous!! But boy were we laughing that day.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Great walk down Memory Lane. Hard to believe sometimes without photographic evidence that we were ever that young.

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm so sorry Peg. I should have known when one of the comments said " flat chested " Your Italian and wouldn't be flat chested. LOL Sorry about that.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, Oh so true!!

Olga said...

Shouldn't you have said, "Have a nice day, hon, bless your heart"? And hold that knife out of sight behind your back. I believe that is the way it's done.

Barbara said...

Kids can't understand wanting photos but a collection like this says it all. So cute.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Agree Barbara!