Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday

Having a great morning. Coffee on the porch while it rained. We enjoyed that summer rain a great deal.

We have 3 days, today, Saturday, and Sunday to enjoy before going to therapies and doctors nonstop day after day. 

Yesterday we watched a documentary on Bon Jovi, the band. Yes, make fun of us, we liked some 80s hair bands and Bon Jovi was one of them.
The documentary was awful. But so was the new one on Wham. I'm seeing a lot of bad docs sadly. 

Anyway, we got to discussing seeing Bon Jovi in concert when we were just friends. The band was playing in my hometown. Apparently, his mom is from Erie too. This is July, 1987. 

His grandparents still lived there in ole Erie,PA. His grandfather said if you're such a big deal why don't you play here? He said, "Well then, I will" 

Bon Jovi did play in Erie and I told this story and had his grandfather stand up and take a bow. It was cute.

I was living in Cleveland. (90 minutes away) Rick called to tell me he was coming to Erie, on the Slippery When Wet tour. 
Rick said, "Come home and we will go." 
Rick bought us tickets and I couldn't wait. 

It was a stadium concert and the opening was Tower of Power with Huey Lewis and The News. Great concert!!

We were in the front sitting on blankets. It was miserably hot and they hosed down the crowd several times during the shows. That may sound awful but the watering down of the crowd actually felt good.

My goofy friend, Rick, was obsessed with the woman next to him. A cute young blonde thing wearing flip-flops. He leaned over to me to tell me she had very long black hair on her toes and feet. I giggled. Honestly this man. 

But for whatever reason he couldn't stop with this young lady. Why wouldn't she wax or shave that, he'd ask me? It's like a monkey he kept saying which only made me laugh more. I tell him to trade seats with me. He tells me he can't unsee it now. I laugh and say okay, so she's not your 10.
He says, she's a freaking monkey did you see how long it was?"  
"No, I did not wish to stare Richard."

But then I stare. Omg, he's right. You could braid this. Now we smuggled in alcohol. (The advantage of big boobs) so I'm a bit toasted and I can't help but laugh. My God, he's right and now I can't look away.
This poor woman. But seriously if those were my feet I'd hide them in shoes or wax them off!!

Rick's memory is intact that's for sure. Short-term, not as good. A song came on a commercial and I said it was The Letterman. He said it was Jay and The Americans. Damn, he was right. Ask him where we went yesterday and that answer is a crap shoot. 75% of the time he remembers. But that 25% he does not. Truth be told I'm the same way but, without a stroke. 😆

Anyway here is Bon Jovi when we saw him in concert in 1987.

This is John Today.
Yep, we all age. Not as well as him but we all age damn it!


15 comments:

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Bon Jovi still looks darn good! I never saw them in concert, but certainly jammed it out in my car back in the day.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, yep he still looks good!! I still jam out in my car. 😁

Olga said...

He still has great hair! Of the 80's big hair guys he was one of the few I liked and I still often listen to his rendition of "Halleluiah" because I was mostly a Leonard Cohen fan.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I've always like Bon Jovi. And you can't argue that he doesn't have staying power.

Bobi said...

He does still look good and seems like a genuinely nice guy. And still married to the same gal. Never saw them but Runaway is still one of my favorite songs. Enjoy your weekend!

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm so glad that the two of you are feeling much better. By the way Peg, boobs are the best. Have a great weekend you two.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, we watch an interview where Jon said that L.Cohen told him that was his favorite rendition. Don't know if it's true but I LOVED his version.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, he has lost his voice. There was to be a reunion but Jon is having issues.They are saying it's from covid which he's had twice I read.

Bobi, yep married his h.s.sweetheart. His philanthropy is amazing.

Paul, you too have a mice weekend.

Julie H said...

I liked the Wham one lol. I was never a Bon Jovi fan but I love docs so I'll probably watch it. Too funny about the toe hairs!

bluzdude said...

I've seen Bon Jovi twice, once opening for the Scorpions in Toledo OH, in 1983, then with Jeff Healey opening in Albany NY, 1993.

If you want to see something entertaining, look up the video from their Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction speeches. They were both funny and genuine, especially the drummer talking about how the tour bus was waiting outside his home, as they were about to leave for their first tour, while he went inside to find his bowling ball. He said, "Like I'm going to use a house ball?" LOL

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bluzdude, oh I LOVED Jeff Healey. Not many know of him. I don't recall that from the induction, I will go back and look. Thx!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie,yes it still is funny to us.

Mike said...

Jay and the Americans. Now there's a group I haven't heard about in a long time. But I can hear "Come a little Bit Closer" in my head right now.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gee thx Mike, now it's in my head.

linda said...

Yes..
Jay and the Americans.

(Smiles)

Linda