Monday, January 30, 2023

Clueless

My husband has this awesome ability to not see himself.  
While looking at a photo from a wedding he asked who the bald guy was talking to Melanie's mom. I told him it was him. He about died.
He ran into the bathroom and looked at the back of his head. 
He saw the very thin spot. He seriously had no clue. No clue even though he's been told about it for years. Can you imagine if your stylist told you that your hair was so thin in the back you had an almost bald spot? Would you forget that? No, one would assume you may even fret about it needlessly or fret about it obsessively. Either way, normal people would not forget this tid bit of information.

How about when your stylist leaves your hair longer in that area and you asked me to cut it. You asked why they leave it so long in that area and I tell you they are trying to cover your bald spot. But he laughs as if I'm joking. 
Then when I began doing his hair since lockdown I tell him how thin it is and he laughs.  He really doesn't believe me. Then he sees a photo. 
Now he's in shock.
Honestly, he's exasperating.

His clothes don't fit so he gets bigger ones. He doesn't see this big belly he has amassed in retirement.  I say something about cutting back. 
He gets upset. So I did a bad wife thing. I took some pictures of him in the workshop. I showed him the pictures a few days later. 
He asked, "is my stomach really that big?"  
"Yes, I'm sorry it is."
"OMG!" is all he says.

Now he will diet. He will make an attempt and that usually last 2-3 days and he quits.  I don't understand him. It's not like I'm eating junk while he's dieting either. He just does what he wants in this area and won't listen to anyone.

I wish I could be as clueless as him. Gee going up to a size 40 waist and soon to be over, didn't give you a clue? All your jeans don't fit didn't offer up a hint? He can carry weight more than most due to his sheer size. Big broad shoulders and 6'2". BUT...

I want to be as clueless as a man some days.

8 comments:

Mike said...

I don't understand. What do you mean, clueless as a man?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😁

Cruisin Paul said...

Tell Rick to just keep his head bald. I use to have a head that had hair all a round my head but bald on my head. It looked ugly but since I've had my head bald, completely bald, I like it and people tell me it looks good and I like it. They say bald men are sexy. Hey Rick, just us.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Some men, like yourself Paul, look great bald. Rick is not one of them.

Olga said...

I catch a glimpse of someone in my bathroom mirror every once in a while and I wonder how it is my mother is staring back at me. So maybe I understand Rick.

Abby said...

Ha! I hear you. What men lack in clues, I think we women make up for it - always looking for the slightest flaw.
My husband doesn't know he has a belly until he sees a picture. Thinks he's still a young, fit soldier/ athlete. Then he sees a photo and is all shocked for about 5 seconds.

Julie H said...

Mine kept walking around with his stomach hanging out the bottom of his shirt. I was like good God go buy a bigger shirt or go on a diet.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Rick may be exasperating but I laughed so loud that Romeo asked me what was so funny. Three years ago Romeo started to grow out his hair, until it reached his shoulders. I hated it. I didn't take a single picture of him until he cut it. (No he didn't even notice) Honestly....it is exasperating.