I know if you've been coming around these parts you've heard me speak of my Dr. Tan, Tall and Gorgeous. He was the surgeon who fixed my torn meniscus and who repaired my torn labrum and rotator cuff over the years.
My same shoulder is bothering me again and I don't understand why.
Painting about kills me. (yes, my right arm) It is not the same pain as my rotator cuff so I think that's good. Everything I do including pulling up my underpants is difficult and painful. I came out of the bathroom with my pants up on the left but on my right side, my pants and underwear were almost up and all scrambled.
I stood there struggling.
So what does Rick do? He offers to pull up my pants.
No, you'll pull them down I tell him. He promises me he won't and he snickers. No, I'll get it, I say as I am twisting and struggling and in pain.
But Mr has to fix everything came over and pulled them up correctly.
I was in shock.
I said to him that I didn't think he had it in him. I mean when I had rotator cuff surgery you could never put on my bra, only take it off etc. He laughs and said, "well I can't have you going out today with your pants all twisted it's a poor reflection on me."
OMG, I had just taken a sip of coffee and I did a spit take.
"A poor reflection on YOU?"
Oh my goodness you are an ass. But a funny one.
You see I have used that phrase from my parents on Rick when he is all disheveled and he thinks nothing of going out in public with the stains on his shirt that looks like he took it out of the hamper it's so wrinkly, etc.
So he just had to give it back to me. Touche and good one Mr. H.
Tuesday morning I made an appointment with a new Ortho doctor.
A different one from my broken ankle this past year. (wally cox)
I didn't pick him at first because he was so handsome but then I read his bio and boy this man has worked at as well as having had fellowships at prestige hospitals, graduated top of his class, and went to great medical schools (not in Guatemala) and he had over 180 reviews and only 1 was a 4 star.
The 4-star review complained about the practice's front desk and nothing bad about the doctor. None had the reviews this man had or the awards so I went with another handsome ortho doc.
So if he's tall I may have myself another Dr. Tall Tan and Gorgeous.
Okay, he is not gorgeous like Dr. N. but he is good looking and his picture is very tan. What is with that? Like George Hamilton Tan.
Honestly, these sports medicine docs are always tan and good-looking.
I guess it is from all the outdoor sporting events they do.
I picture all of them swooshing down the mountains in winter snowboarding and golfing in the summer and running marathons because they are always outside they are perpetually tan.
Oh you know, like those maxi-pad commercials or tampon commercials. They make having your period look like such fun, frolicking in the pool, doing a triathlon, and surfing at the beach. LIES. All lies I tell ya.
All I know is I hope he is skilled and I hope he can make me feel better with a cortisone shot. It was bad while in the heat of chemo and steroids but I felt so bad all over that the pain didn't stick out as much as it does now?
I know that probably makes no sense to you. Pfff.
In my twisted mind, it makes total sense!
I tried to ignore it I really did. I told you that the final straw for me with the torn rotator cuff and labrum was when I couldn't pick up my Gin and tonic with my right hand, and I'm right-handed. THAT finally made me go to see a doctor. This time I can't hold my coffee mug comfortably. I also can't dress easily. I can use it which I couldn't do when I tore my labrum and rotary cuff but it hurts like hell. Putting on a top over my head is so painful I am asking for help. Not good.
It always wakes me up in the middle of the night and usually I can't go back to sleep after that.
I know I shouldn't wait until it's this unbearable. Ah, but what fun would that be? My entire last year was medical issues. I just don't want to find another one damn it.
I need a month of absolutely no doctors in my life.
That shouldn't be so much to ask for.
No Dr.Tall Tan and Gorgeous or no to a Dr.Short Pasty and Tubby!
Nada.
12 comments:
I'm so sorry Peg that you're getting those pains but isn't it great that every time it seems that you get a handsome Dr. . I get these old Doctors that don't seem to understand much. Oh well. Get well my friend.
Cruisin Paul
I once saw one of those overly tan leathery guys topless in person. I'm sure he's died of skin cancer now.
Good luck with the Dr!
Paul I don't care if handsome or not I just want a good doc.
Julie, I think they'd know better than all that tanning but apparently not. I can't wait until I see him and see if he is still that tan or that pic was taken in the summer. :-)
that sounds painful, hope you get some pain relief soon.
"a month of absolutely no doctors in my life"
Those days are long gone for Claudia and me.
Mike, it apparently is for me too damn it.
Gill, it is painful, standing up, moving, can't sleep. I'm just a whiny baby right now.
Good luck, Peg. I hope the cortisone shot takes care of you and has you feeling wonderful. I have to get one every year for my shoulder before the softball season starts. And thank you for the clarification on the period commercials. It is finally great to hear the truth. :)
Mr. Shife, you're welcome😁. I hope I get one, that is my diagnosis for my issue. Wanna see my medical license? 😜
Yuck, sorry you're dealing with this.
You know, my son just had shoulder surgery for torn labrum, so I learned a little about shoulders. That's one complicated joint! I hope your Dr. - regardless of what he/she looks like - gets you fixed up!
Abby, yep I've been there with the labrum. that surgery was done at the same time as my rotator cuff. fun huh? My doctor canceled my appt so now I go on the 17th to a more homely doctor. LOL that is fine, I just want to be seen. Dr. Tan had a surgery. My question when speaking to the scheduler is why are all the docs in ortho/sports medicine male? Why are there never any females? she said she asked the same question and was told it was a very strenuous job. OMG. I'm not sure I buy that but perhaps.
A more homely doctor - ha! Interesting, your observation. My son's surgeon is a female - the whole office is female including physicians assistants. The doctor mostly performs surgeries for athletes, and she ONLY does shoulders. Good luck on the 17th!
Abby, I knew the scheduler was full of shit! I prefer women doctors but right now I'm miserable so anyone. Hell, I'd go into a dark alley with a guy with a rusty needle. I am hurting. As for homely, he's not I was just being a smart ass. :-)
Post a Comment