Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Plinko

I had some time and thought I'd write a post.
I sit here in my office with the door open. 
I have nothing to write, I just stare at the screen.

Then I pay attention to my background.

I hear the TV, "Haley, Come On Down." 
I smile.
This is retirement. 
This is Rick. 
He loves The Price Is Right. 
While he preferred Bob Barker, Drew has grown on him.
This is his bucket list.
A grown-ass man who would love to be on TPIR
Truth be told I want it for him.

I am still crazy nuts in love with that nutjob in the living room watching TPIR and yelling, one dollar!!


16 comments:

Ami said...

I'll contribute to a 'send Rick to TPIR' fund!!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Lol, yeah, I find myself with a lot fewer things to write about these days. Currently I have a series on Amazon Prime I'm watching on tv. Romeo is fast asleep in his chair, and Demitri is snoozing by my feet on the ottoman ~ they went for a good 5 mile walk. I went to church to help with a flower arrangement. Enjoy these peaceful times!

Mike said...

Sounds like you need a part time job to get some blogging material.

bluzdude said...

A man who can enjoy the simple things in life is never bored.

That's something I live by and it looks like Rick does too.

Bobi said...

Did you know they have a live road show? Looks like they're going to be in Greensboro in April. It was near me last year but I didn't go so not sure how it works.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, HA HA HA

Yvonne, according to Mike here, we need to get a job so we have more to write about. :-)

Mike, maybe!

bluzdude, or is it a simple man can enjoy the simple things. ...LOL. Nope, you're correct.

Bobi, yes, but he didn't want to go when it came to DC just before we left. He said, it's not the same. Oh well.
Right now I am listening to the evening prime time show of The Price Is Right. He told me it was on tonight, all the losers were coming back. He rattled on but I didn't listen closely. I wish I liked it as much as him.

Julie H said...

LOL I used to love that show too!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, funny when my first husband worked 2nd shift he watched it too. I must have "a type" HA HA

Abby said...

I haven't watched that show in forever. I remember it from when I was a kid. If Rick makes it on down, I'm watching!
I had a coworker back in the 90s who was on the show and actually ended up winning the showcase. It was pretty funny because our job involved cost estimating. If he hadn't won, he'd have made the department look bad!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I too had a friend who got to go but didn't get picked to 'come on down' She was so bummed out about that!
I better not tell Rick about your friend because he'll be green with envy.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I had no idea who Mario Batali was until I googled him just now. So I could care less. But in general I don't understand why nasty/bad behavior in celerity chefs is tolerated. We had a chef get fired here where I live for throwing things at other staff members but I've seen shows about temperamental chefs and it seems to be accepted in that profession.

Olga said...

OMG! I am not the only one who has to listen to the yelling of advise to TPIR contestants!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean your comment made me giggle and go WOW.
I giggle because this is the wrong post for Mario but I surely understand! 😁
The wow is because you said it so casually (or it seemed that way in writing and we all know writing one can't hear tone) that this is just what goes on in the industry and it's accepted. By whom is it accepted? Men/the old boys club? Well, it does happen in EVERY industry there are men, not just resturants. It shouldn't be accepted or tolerated. I was harassed at every damn job I ever had.
I was smart enough not to take the drink and get drugged and raped thank goodness. But for the grace of God go I

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, not only yelling but then saying, "she's too dumb to deserve to win" "Hi Rachel" Yes, Rachel Reynolds is one of the women who waves her arms around with big boobs and short skirts. I know all about her. She is married to a baseball player or former bball player. I asked him why I needed to know that and he told me he thought I'd want to know. ah, not really. I just shake my head and leave the room.

April said...

LOL I'm a huge fan of it also! I watch it and Y&R if I'm off work! The prime time one was good - showing the losers - one was jaw dropping, she was like 3.00 or less over the final showcase amount.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, I saw the prime time one this week with him. I saw that $3 showcase epic fail. That would be worse than losing by thousands to me.