Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thursday or is it?

Let's start with some artwork, shall we?



He was asked for a turquoise color. He mixed a bit of pearlescent and viola. The person has not seen the piece and it will arrive tomorrow. I wasn't allowed to post it on social media until it was received by Sarah. Hopefully, she likes it.

We remember it was garbage day but by 12p when it wasn't picked up Rick wondered why. 
As he said this it occurred to me why "You know with a holiday I bet they are off a day." 
"Hell, and we remembered it was Thursday too damn it!"

My reason to dress these days is that I have a doctor's appointment. 
Today I had to see the results of my MRI. The pain in the back of my heel up my leg is burning pain. It's also on the bottom of my heel. I assumed it's tendons or ligament type thing. The pain was not my broken talus/ankle. 
Dr Kind Eyes agreed. He showed me the rips and tears. Yeah for me. No further fractures but some inflammation around that area of fractures and tears. Physical therapy to get me started so I can exercise and walk a lot again. I hate physical therapy. I say, show me once and let me go home to do this on my own. I also got a small brace for my ankle instead of a big boot which thrills me. 

I did my hair and my makeup since I was going out into the world.
Good ole Rick made a fuss. Y'all know what that means. It means I look awful most days. Bad wife. (I have to stop the being lazy stuff I think it's getting out of hand) 

And speaking of saying, "you know what that means"
The other evening we heard the weather boy (he looks 13 at best) say the following and it made us laugh. It was his delivery that slayed us. 
10% chance of rain.
90% chance of no rain.
You know what that means? It's not gonna rain.

How's that for a weather report?  

12 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Thank God it isn't broke. I love Rick's bowl. Have a great evening Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, my ankle is broke, the added pain is torn tendons etc. It'd be less painful if broke he said. Great huh?

Arkansas Patti said...

Oh no, I have done those tendons. All I can say is do the PT. It works though it takes a while. Hope the brace works better for you.
Rick is really showing artistic talent. Love that bowl.

Mike said...

I was putting out the trash cans one night around 11pm and noticed the neighbors didn't have theirs out. There was a holiday on Sunday but it wasn't a trash company holiday (they have 6 during the year). I called him first. No answer. Then I called her. I said, "Your trash isn't out". She said, "Sunday was a holiday". "Not a trash company holiday". "Thank you!!!" CLICK.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I have requested just one session with physical therapies to teach me something and maybe one follow-up to make sure I was doing it right. It's worked for me. Glad you don't have anything broken to deal with.

bluzdude said...

"Hopefully she likes it?"

Hell, that bowl is freakin' beautiful. If she doesn't like it, send it to me. And I don't even NEED a bowl. I'd have to make up something to do with it... like take up eating cereal.

Olga said...

The bowl is amazing.
I think PTs don't trust people to actually do the exercises on their own -- and they may be right most of the time. But I know there are exceptions and I'm willing to bet you are one. Good luck. You have been through so much!

Grace said...

I do believe I had mentioned that it was probably torn muscles/tendons that was causing the pain because - been there, done that. P/T often involves more than just learning exercises - for both my ankle and my spine other therapies were used like electrical stimulation. If for some reason P/T ever gets prescribed for me again I'll say "Yes, please!" Plus any kind of exercise is more fun when you do it with someone.

Gorgeous bowl! I want one too. Or three - just because they're stunning.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, I have a tens unit here. (Electrical stim)😀 As for his bowls, I'm so proud of him. He saw this and thought, I think I want to learn how to do this in retirement. I wish I could say that and it worked!! He is wildly talented and I am wildly not!

Abby said...

Lovely bowl, looks like he nailed the turquoise.
I had PT once for heel troubles. The exercises were fine and easily done at home, but like Grace said, some electrical contraption really helped. My therapist told me it was typically used to break up kidney stones, but it worked for my foot problem too. Good luck!

Julie H said...

The bowl is so pretty! Yeah for a smaller brace! That has to be so hot too.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

One things I truly love about retirement is no makeup. I used to love it, and now, it's just too fussy (especially when all I'm wearing is tee shirts and shorts, haha). If I'm going shopping for clothes or a doctor appointment, sure, I'll make the effort. Grudgingly.