Ranting here today.
Blogger - I wrote an entire post with photos of my day at the beach on Friday. It wouldn't stop going backwards and deleting everything I wrote or the images I posted. I tried hitting the revert arrows. Nope. I got out of it and came back and it moved so fast it was unbelievable. I tried a slew of things but nothing stopped it. Earlier in the day I had no reading list so this has to be blogger. My reading list said I had no blogs. What the shit is going on now? I never did get back my email notifications even though all things are done correctly. I was so upset that I just gave up. I lost it all and I'll do it again for tomorrow's post. But boy it was pissing me off. I had to walk away from the computer for a couple of days.
Queen - I am an American. I could give a rat's ass about a monarchy that is so out of touch with reality. Yes, it's sad after 96 years of living free is over. I'm sure she was a nice woman. But c'mon. They can do this without the U.S.A. nonstop coverage. I mean a nibble or two but days and weeks and hours of this crap?
Didn't we make sure in this country to leave that BS behind us?
I am tired of it being on tv 24/7. I don't wish to watch a car carrying a casket for miles. (She's probably not even in it) What is the point of this? Do people of the UK still find this nonsense valid and useful? Do they really think giving them billions is the right thing to do for shaking hands and attending dinners? Rhetorical since thousands stood in line for days so they could look at a wooden box, bow and cry. I saw that David Beckham stood in line for 13 hrs to pay his respects. What a glorious waste of time. Do something philanthropic perhaps David with your time and money in her honor? You know to help others?
Oh, I could go on but I won't.
Heat - it's official I am friggin sick of 96-degree temps. I mean to tell you summer here is too long. I moved here last year in October so I never had summer here. But I have now and boy oh boy it goes on forever. I will love this come January, but right now it's the longest summer of my life and I am done with it. We are to have 2 days of what they are calling cold, in the high 70s, later this week and then back to the mid to high 90s. Argh!
Streaming -
They claim to be streaming services but they are regular channels when they only drop an episode a week. We have decided to let each show run through its season and then watch it all at once like a movie and how it should be on a STREAMING service. But Mr. Shife if reading this now, I am happy to have found out how the "prick" as he is called died. I hope they get away with it.😁
Lowes/Men-
I went to lowes alone to buy some wood I needed to do a wainscoting number in my living room. The way I was treated I am surprised they let me enter without a man on my arm. I want to put up a batten and board-style wainscotting in my living room. I am doing this, not Rick. I thought I'd start on this small wall and see how I fair. I asked Rick if he'd cut the wood to size for me if I gave him my measurements. I hate using a saw because I am clumsy and I really like my fingers.
Standing in the wood aisle I see what I want but it's 1" too thick.
I wanted a 1x3 and all I could find were 1x4s.
So an employee walked down the aisle and I asked him if he had any 1x3s. He laughed and said sure we do right where you're standing. I said it says 1x3 on the placard but if you measure these they are all 1x4, I looked through them all.
He again laughed and said in the most condescending tone, "did you actually measure them?"
I pulled out my key chain with my tape rule on it and said, "yes"
He looked up and down the aisle past me and around me and I'm thinking, what the hell are you looking for an escape route?
He then asked me if my husband was around? No, why?
Are you doing this yourself? Yes. Maybe you should call your husband because he may really want 1x4s. Now I am fuming!!! I calmly tell this ass that I am doing this myself and I need two 1x4s for the header and baseboard but 1x3 for the vertical boards. I would prefer those primed but if you only have the raw I'll take that and prime myself.
He laughed and then the shithead walked away leaving me standing there in the aisle. One of these days I am going to go off on one of these guys. Of course, should I ever do it I'll just be a bitch to him, and then he will still be an ass and have learned nothing because he only sees my gender.
I went to customer service to see if they had them in stock. They did but in the back. I said, that's fine I can wait for them to get them and I tell her how many I need. She tells me there wasn't anyone available to get them for me. Gee, you didn't even ask anyone. Okay then. I left frustrated as hell. So much for customer service. I did not feel like driving across town to Home Depot because it was late so this week I'll try it again at a different store. What the hell is wrong with men anyway?
I know, rhetorical.
Can I do this? I honestly don't know. But I know what I needed and I wanted to try. Rick was busy with his orders so I figured I could surely go buy the wood to get started all by myself even if I am just a little ole woman.
20 comments:
Customer service doesn't exist anymore. People are so rude. I would have been pissed too and probably said so.
We are getting a few days break from the heat. My son was like it's almost time for the heater. I was like good God put a sweater on if you're cold.
I think your Blogger has a bug or something. It is so weird you have so many issues with it.
Oh my you are heated today aren't you? LOL I'm Canadian and we are suppose to have subjects of the Queen but to me she is just a nice lady but some in Canada thinks she is everything. Not me.
Peg, cool down you might have a heart attack. Have a wonderful day my friend.
Cruisin Paul
Lumber sizes don't actually measure what they call it...I know stupid. 1" x 3" are 3/4" x 2‑1/2" and 1" x 4" are 3/4" x 3‑1/2". That lumber guy was condensing and could have clarified you were both on the same page. They are named according to what they measure before they are planed.
Jean, the picture of said wood has it written 1x4 on the placard. I know they are not exactly that when you actually measure it but I knew it was not the right one as did he!
Paul, oh I am not upset - I'm just ranting about things that bug me. I'm sure your queen was a nice lady. What has she done for you though? How has she made your life better? What has she done for Canada? That is my big question.
Julie, if I could delete blogger and start again I sure would. Don't know how much longer I'll be even doing this so I have to live with it for now. Yep, I'd tell your son to put on a sweatshirt if he's cold. You guys have been under a really bad heat wave. (and without A/C)
You are not the only one with Blogger problems but oddly none are exactly the same. I had trouble with my reading list but it is fine now. Breathe deeply.
Patti, that is weird that they are all different. Like when I comment on others or can't comment. or today your comment went into spam. Could they be working on it and that is causing things to be amiss or it's just junk that they do not plan to upgrade? I'm thinking the latter. Hmm...I wrote it all again anyway for tomorrow. Weird how it just started and then stopped doing that though.
It got the orange bobble head a lot less coverage for a bit, lol…. And some nice pretty coloured money!
I’m Canadian also, I really didn’t pay much attention to the coverage. Although I am annoyed that Dear ole Justin decided that the civil servants needed a day to mourn, like boohoo. Pretty sure alot more Canadians would be willing to dump the monarchy if it didn’t mean opening the constitution, which is whole another sh!t show.
Helen
Comments have stopped going to spam for me. I thought that problem had been fixed.
I’m so sorry to hear that about Lowe’s. If you send your comment to the Lowe’s chairman/president, whatever, HE won’t fix the problem, but his office will be annoyed to get that letter, and could forward it down through the the chain of command, which will get more attention than if you wrote to the store yourself. It seems the less a company values its employees, the more business it would lose, but when will we hit that tipping point that makes a company value its employees, and therefore the customer? I don’t know, and as I age, I feel more hopeless. I’ll just keep my money, and my home will just crumble around me. Okay, now my rant is over, but boy do I feel you. Olivia
Helen, yes, mango Mussolini isn't the headline so that is nice for a change. I'm sorry you are having to deal with the orange ape and you're Canadian! :-) you said you weren't paying attention. Unless I watched streaming channels it was all that was on our television where I live 24/7. Wee hours of the morning as well.
Yes indeed it does make your money pretty colors. As for your constitution, it does muddle it all doesn't it? I read about all that would entail. WOW. I'm glad we don't have royalty. We are so @#$! up as it is without one. Don't need the added nightmare.
Mike for everyone but me apparently. :-)
Olivia, hmmm, good point. I may try that. I wrote to Finish. I bought a bag of Finish dishwasher pods. When I opened them they were all stuck together. We tried to pull them apart gently but most of them opened so they were ruined. They were stuck right in the middle of each one so there was no way to make this not rip. I think the bag somewhere along the line got wet. I went back to walmart and they didn't give a hoot. I thought maybe they'd give me a refund or exchange. I wanted an exchange. But nope. So I wrote an email to Finish. They responded today with an I'm sorry and sending me some free finish dishwasher pods for my inconvenience. How's that?
Rant away! That's one of the perks of blogging!
That jerk at Lowe's pissed ME off. Seriously? Telling you to ask your husband?
I'm thinking that even QE II would be tired of all the coverage. She seemed like a sensible woman.
I also agree with Olivia... it's what I was going to tell you to do. The way you were treated was unconscionable. The guy in the aisle was somewhat predictable but I can't get over the woman at Customer Service being so aggressively unhelpful. I thought it was going to end with her calling the first guy to come to get your boards, but you got no help at all!
It's not like you were out there buying bubblegum... That's a significant lost sale, and not just from that day. I'd figure if someone is in there buying raw materials, there are good odds that they'll be back for something else. But not with service like this.
Definitely send a letter up the chain. At minimum, it will make you feel a bit better to get it off your chest (to someone other than the likes of US!)
To answer your question about what has the Queen done for me. Nothing really for me. What bothers me about the Monarchy, they get all this money, they don't pay taxes and they are just normal people like me but because they are what they call Monarchs. So what. The queen was just a nice lady.
Cruisin Paul
Thank you for your comments about the queen. Every other blog I read, the writers were boohooing, watching the coverage and talking at length about their love for her. Barf! I'm not a monarchy fan either.
As for Lowe's, don't bother writing. We had a problem and I wrote the CEO (you could just run over to see him, he's in Mooresville, ha!) and one of his flunkies wrote back, "thank you for your letter, we're sorry to hear about your problem, we wish we could help you but we can't because blah, blah, blah" (basically we don't want to.) Sad, but true. As long as they have warm bodies populating their stores, they don't really care if they're providing customer service. The only requirement for employment nowadays is to be breathing.
Bobi, I had a 2 hr drive today to visit a sick friend. On the way I was listening to Sirius and someone said parading her dead body around town was like Weekend at Bernies and I laughed out loud alone in my car. Now I can't stop thinking of that. Besides I'd bet my life on the fact that she is not in that coffin parading around town. Security issue as well as what if it fell over? You're going to let the queen roll out? No, her body is somewhere safe and this is just all pomp and circumstance!
Gee nice CEO and letter from Lowes. In Morrisville eh? My husband said the same thing about the letter.
"Maybe you should call your husband..."
"Oh. Are you being patronizing or condescending? Sometimes it's really hard to tell, men aren't very good at conversation, are they?"
WHAT A FUCKSTICK... you can tell him I said so.
Come on over you and I could take him. Sadly Rick wanted his name and what he looks like. I wouldn't tell him cuz the old fart would go there to confront him. I don't need that either!
What a Pisser.
Barbara -😅
Post a Comment